The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
Clanchat
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:11:42 pm »
Make a rule so people are just allowed to only speak english, currently just creates a big barrier between every1 cus we all speak different languages.
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Themarfish, S Clegane, Ravioli

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Clanchat
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:35:24 pm »
and because someone might be flaming a player in a language they don't understand. (usually Lithuanian lol)

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »
All I can say is good luck.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:37:09 pm »
We used to have this and the reason we no longer do is because it wasn't really possible to properly enforce. I don't think the staff team can enforce it properly this time either, there's flat out not enough activity for that to happen. Since permanent removal from the cc requires a rework it's not an option. You'd just have to mute people for not speaking English, which I don't think very many people are going to like.
;

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:34:06 pm »
Some MMOS have chat channels. Players are given the option to hop in any channel that befits his/her language so they can chat with their comrades. I'm not sure if thomy is able to implement something similar here in emps.

As for mutes, obviously people aren't going to like it but rules are rules and I would really like to see a rule being enforced. If a player joins the english channel (implying that channels were to be implemented) they should only speak using the english language.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:37:01 pm by Jhonson101 »

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 09:54:46 am »
That would destroy the whole idea of Freedom of speech

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 03:15:59 pm »
How? Players can simply switch to a channel of their choice... It's not like it's restricting anyone to speak their language, it just needs to be in the appropriate channel nom sayin
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 05:13:06 pm »
It's not like it's restricting anyone to speak their language
That's exactly what it does tho ??? English people can just as well switch to another channel if my language bothers them for some reason. Y'all trying to make english language superior to estonian for some reason.. Tbh at one point(might still be true) it seemed that there are more native estonian players in this game than there were english/american.
What next, no lithuanian in grand exchange ???

The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Someone12116

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »
I support this fully. It will benefit both players and staff members eventually.

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:25:58 pm »
I support this fully. It will benefit both players and staff members eventually.
At least try explaining your statements.

The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:13 am »
Just fucking no lol.

What the fuck will people who don't talk fluent English do? Why should I be forced to speak English with other Finnish people. This is the pinnacle of stupidity LOL
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »
and because someone might be flaming a player in a language they don't understand. (usually Lithuanian lol)
(usually arabic lol)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 12:08:29 pm »
At least try explaining your statements.
It's not like it's restricting anyone to speak their language
English people can just as well switch to another channel if my language bothers them for some reason. Y'all trying to make english language superior to estonian for some reason.. Tbh at one point(might still be true) it seemed that there are more native estonian players in this game than there were english/american.

Just cause, as you mentioned before, bigger part Emps community talks Estonian, it doesn't mean we have to belittle other player base simply by making all languages available in clan-chat. For example, if Spanish player try to say something in their native language I bet you won't be able to even begin to understand what they are trying to say and you'll most likely refer to them being offensive towards you or others. English is actually international language - most of servers talk/type in english. We're no different here. Unless you're recommending Emps players should know Estonian language just as good as English I don't know what statements you expect here to be. I don't mind being all languages in clan chat but being given if you don't care about helping/giving advice to others whom you don't even understand is good decision then I'm horribly dissapointed. Don't expect player count to go up to 1000 if you can't even help newcomer to find good training spots. It's because players like yourself start to belittle players that came not from your country and doesn't speak Estonian just like you do. "Thomy" clan chat is main centre to get players together. Charr mentioned before in another suggestion very good argument that seperating it in any way would only destroy the community itself.

In shorts, Estonian isn't even counted in things like, inferior language to English, yet you somehow disagree that we should use one language whole game system is based on.

Now tell me exactly, why do I need to explain something that is already common sense?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:29:40 pm by Wg »

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 01:06:45 pm »
Now tell me exactly, why do I need to explain something that is already common sense?
Why do you have to explain? How about because the rules clearly state:
Quote from: Suggestions & Ideas Rules and Guidelines
If you have no constructive feedback on the suggestion, you can simply thank the post.
And your post had absolutely no feedback to the suggestion.

yet you somehow disagree that we should use one language whole game system is based on.
I wish you good luck monitoring the whole game for people who dare to speak another language than english. And i mean the whole game, private messages including. Because you know, the whole game is based on english.

it doesn't mean we have to belittle other player base simply by making all languages available in clan-chat
Do you even think before vomiting out all those words? How on earth is creating equal conditions "belittling" anyone ???

For example, if Spanish player try to say something in their native language I bet you won't be able to even begin to understand what they are trying to say and you'll most likely refer to them being offensive towards you or others
Well fuck me if i ever decide to go the Times Square. Imagine all the tourists speaking trash about others, simply because i can't understand them.

It's because players like yourself start to belittle players that came not from your country and doesn't speak Estonian just like you do.
What the shit? I'm doing the exact opposite by giving every player ability to speak in a language that feels most comfortable to them. It can be either estonian, english or gibberish in your case.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:11 pm »
"Thomy" clan chat is main centre to get players together. Charr mentioned before in another suggestion very good argument that seperating it in any way would only destroy the community itself.
Instead of taking what I said and putting it in a different context how about you make up your own arguments?

It would benefit us to have people speak the same language, but forcing them to is not a viable option.
;
Pages: 1 2