The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
Chat & Clan Chat
« on: February 13, 2016, 07:56:47 am »
It'd be nice to have our text continue on the next line instead of having our sentences cut off when typing too much,
it'd save use from retypping the words that got cut off, which happens quite often to nearly everybody... Except muted people.

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Chat & Clan Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:59:29 am »
yeap this is good suggestion.

I hate it too but I eventually learn how to type shorter sentence and hit enter then start next one :D

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:11:20 am »
Read the rules before posting in a seciton, don't suggest any modifications to the clan system.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=40.0
It's not hard to press tab again and type a few words.
We tried letting them run on in sentences a few months back and it basically started to take up the whole client with a huge amount of blank space.
Disagree.

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:07 am »
Read the rules before posting in a seciton, don't suggest any modifications to the clan system.

I believe that I'm not breaking any rule by suggestion this as this does not concern only Clan Chat, but the Chatting System in general. It's true that it isn't "hard" to press tab or to retype everything back, I'm well aware of that, but I do think that it's a nice small perk to have. Little things are enjoyable as well.

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:20:37 am »

I believe that I'm not breaking any rule by suggestion this as this does not concern only Clan Chat, but the Chatting System in general. It's true that it isn't "hard" to press tab or to retype everything back, I'm well aware of that, but I do think that it's a nice small perk to have. Little things are enjoyable as well.
"Clan chat improvements - This will probably come in the future, please stop suggesting, it won't make it any sooner." All I have to say.

Like I said, we already had the chat logs like that before, it bugged out and made useless space in between chats. Time should be spent on different updates that will be a lot more useful and bring players to the server. Being able to type more in a Pm won't bring players to the server.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 12:44:40 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing this though it's not something I'd be excited about. We may have to outlaw autotalkers as they could now effectively write messages longer than the screen and maybe cause some players to have issues due to them having to load the chats at the GE.

"Clan chat improvements - This will probably come in the future, please stop suggesting, it won't make it any sooner." All I have to say.

Like I said, we already had the chat logs like that before, it bugged out and made useless space in between chats. Time should be spent on different updates that will be a lot more useful and bring players to the server. Being able to type more in a Pm won't bring players to the server.
It's got more to do with the entire chat system as a whole than with clans. Suggestions don't always have to bring more players, sometimes they can just be small improvements that make something more convenient. He did not break the section rules by posting this.
;
The following users liked this post: Zaros
Pages: 1