The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Cash from pickpocketing
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:23:22 am »
Currently you can make about 100k to 200k an hour from pickpocketing heroe's, paladin's etc.
I'm suggesting to increase the amout of cash you can get from pickpocketing these npc's

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
Re: Cash from pickpocketing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 08:26:13 am »
no thanks
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:24:00 am »
If anything, thieving is one of the skills that could be added to daily tasks - that way you could make more gp/h. Other than that, someone should suggest constructive suggestion on new content for thieving higher levels, besides seeds right now, thieving isn't fun to do unless you're grinding yourself till 250M exp then have fun.

So in short, I disagree with increasing amount of cash flowing through pickpocketing. Rates of gp are decent and thieving supposedly should benefit player to the point where you getting higher thieving level means decrease chance of having been caught.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 02:32:53 pm »
Rates of gp are terrible when pickpocketing

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
So in short, I disagree with increasing amount of cash flowing through pickpocketing. Rates of gp are decent and thieving supposedly should benefit player to the point where you getting higher thieving level means decrease chance of having been caught.

The rates are absolutely horrendous. I think 100-200k is an overstatement. Heroes at 80 thieving give less than 200 gp on successful pickpocket and the rate you fail at that is ridiculous. Of course you wouldn't even know what you're talking about :LUL:

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 05:41:31 pm »
The fact that thieving doesn't straight up give you money at a rate that is faster than killing goblins is bad. Thieving suffers from more problems than this though.

While I'm not against flat out increasing the amount of gold, I think that would be the most boring way to approach it. I'd like the base amount to be increased while there's also something that's geared towards progress a little more. What I'm thinking of is something like double loot/steal chance based on level, requirements and maybe certain equipment.
  • It would be a chance to steal twice, giving you full exp and loot.
  • There would be a base chance for this occuring regardless of your level, I'd say around 10% is fine.
  • The chance would increase by 2% for every thieving level you pass beyond the requirement. Capping at a 80% increase from levels.
  • Alternatively, every thieving level could give 1% and every agility level could give another 1%.
  • Gloves of silence could be put in the rimmington shop with the gauntlets to provide an additional 10% chance.
Of course just increasing the base amount would be fine. Maybe adding a few stalls that give you something worth selling to gen store/alching could be nice as well.
;
The following users liked this post: Division66, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »
If anything, thieving is one of the skills that could be added to daily tasks - that way you could make more gp/h.
I don't think a skill should have to rely on daily tasks in order to be a viable choice for acquiring money. I'm personally not going to do a daily task for fishing manta rays to make an extra 50k or so, that's barely anything. Thieving daily tasks would be nice for the xp bonuses, but the cash reward isn't going to make thieving's horrendous profit that much better.

Heroes at 80 thieving give less than 200 gp on successful pickpocket and the rate you fail at that is ridiculous.
I think the big issue thieving currently has at the moment are the success/failure rates. It's absolutely insane how much you fail at pickpocketing even when you have a significant amount of levels over the requirement. Master farmers require 75 thieving but really only become good options to train on once you're at like 85+. 100-200k is definitely an understatement for thieving because the amount of inconsistent RNG you have to rely on to not get chain stunned 4-5+ times in a row due to failing is incredibly frustrating, only to successfully pickpocket once or twice more before the same shit happens.

IMO, strung rabbit foot - the only item that actually helps with thieving at the moment - requiring 95 crafting to make is ridiculous, especially for ironmen. Granted it does more than that and I don't know how much more useful it is, but it has such a steep requirement for having such little use compared to most of the other stuff you can make with crafting actually worth grinding for.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Division66

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 01:13:26 pm »

The rates are absolutely horrendous. I think 100-200k is an overstatement. Heroes at 80 thieving give less than 200 gp on successful pickpocket and the rate you fail at that is ridiculous. Of course you wouldn't even know what you're talking about :LUL:
If anything part was skipped I see. Anyways, I still disagree. Thieving needs more content not increasing gp/h from pickpocketing only.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:22 pm »

If anything part was skipped I see. Anyways, I still disagree. Thieving needs more content not increasing gp/h from pickpocketing only.

That wont make people train thieving more :LUL: Whatever ripoffs any of you will suggest from RS, it is just as boring as thieving in Emps is. Chance for profit will always motivate people, look at the stakers of this game.

Offline Emilsen102

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 01:23:29 am »
The fact that thieving doesn't straight up give you money at a rate that is faster than killing goblins is bad. Thieving suffers from more problems than this though.

While I'm not against flat out increasing the amount of gold, I think that would be the most boring way to approach it. I'd like the base amount to be increased while there's also something that's geared towards progress a little more. What I'm thinking of is something like double loot/steal chance based on level, requirements and maybe certain equipment.
  • It would be a chance to steal twice, giving you full exp and loot.
  • There would be a base chance for this occuring regardless of your level, I'd say around 10% is fine.
  • The chance would increase by 2% for every thieving level you pass beyond the requirement. Capping at a 80% increase from levels.
  • Alternatively, every thieving level could give 1% and every agility level could give another 1%.
  • Gloves of silence could be put in the rimmington shop with the gauntlets to provide an additional 10% chance.
Of course just increasing the base amount would be fine. Maybe adding a few stalls that give you something worth selling to gen store/alching could be nice as well.

I am really in on the idea that agility become a factor when thieving. It makes the agility skill more useful than just for the shortcut between Grand Exchange and Edgeville and the access to the full GWD.

Maybe you could even go as far as having the player pickpocket pickpocketable NPC's on leftclick, so you don't have to rightclick and then press the pickpocket option. Maybe balance it so this only happens after a certain level has passed? or after you pickpocketed the same type of npc x amount of times? in my opinion the worst part of pickpocketing was that you had to do that process before being able to pickpocket. it's not much but it REALLY adds up when you have to do it 100's of times over and over.
i aint playing it unless it looks like the offspring of the sims and minecraft

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:18 pm »

That wont make people train thieving more :LUL: Whatever ripoffs any of you will suggest from RS, it is just as boring as thieving in Emps is. Chance for profit will always motivate people, look at the stakers of this game.
Ripoff or no, Rogue's Den minigame would be nice to be implemented for uncuts and rogue outfit for increased chance to fail less while pickpocketing. From players bank's and shop in Rimmington outfit should be removed and obtained through minigame, which could give you decent amount of exp on agility as well. If uncuts is not satisfying - decent amount of cash per run.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »

Ripoff or no, Rogue's Den minigame would be nice to be implemented for uncuts and rogue outfit for increased chance to fail less while pickpocketing. From players bank's and shop in Rimmington outfit should be removed and obtained through minigame, which could give you decent amount of exp on agility as well. If uncuts is not satisfying - decent amount of cash per run.

Rogue's Den is the most cancer piece of thieving content that RS has to offer.
Pages: 1