The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Buff saradomin sword
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 07:05:53 pm »
Why get so mad over suggestion, Otto? It's just game environment to enjoy. Try to relax and stay calm. Best option: is to learn to take other opinion as equal as yours. Not sure why you stated that I write something "made up" while its just mine opinion, thoughts and experience. Mine alone and nobody else. Never let emotions your cloud judgement.

O-T: I still disagree. See no point in making it better. Perhaps slight nerf to whip?

Firstly, you don't know me, you wouldn't have any idea how I behave if I actually were mad.

Secondly, it's an opinion to think that X thing doesn't need a nerf/buff. It's not an opinion to say that Charr wanted to nerf SS when he clearly didn't. That's a lie. There's a fine line between lying and having an opinion. That's like saying something as absurd as Hitler was a great man, WW1 and 2 never happened, Trump isn't the President of the USA and Terrorism doesn't exist. Are those opinions? No. Those are just straight up lies.

Thirdly, opinions with no facts to back them up hold zero value. Why would whip need an nerf? It's a weak weapon only used for staking, it costs 1M and is not overpowerful in any way. Meanwhile SS is considerably harder to get, costs 2M and cannot even be called a sidegrade to the whip. The balance of effort needed to get those weapons and what you actually get rewarded for that effort is nonexistent.

Opinions are but tools in argumentation. Discussing and arguing about things is the best way to achieve the best solution. You aren't even trying to discuss, you're complaining about me being rational towards your opinion. You can't possibly think about people taking you seriously with that kind of an attitude.

First you ask SS nerf, now you ask SS buff. Okey. Still I disagree. It is good the way it is to me.

He never asked for a SS nerf tho

Well, not Charr exactly but people who used both of those variations ( SS | Whip + D defender)
This^
And FYI, You disagreed in first place as well as I did no need for controversy.
If you haven't really noticed yet, Abyssal whip has special attack requiring 75% of bar to be used and it binds oponent for 15 seconds and 10% higher damage output (eventually, ending up if by pictures 26 + 2,6 = 28,6 almost 29 at best).
While having Saradomin sword requires same special attack bar percentage and even without bind 31 + 20 = 51 maximum damage output. If maths are right 51 > 29(<- 28,6 almost 29). And also Saradomin sword adds prayer bonus.
Leaving us to Offensive(105 and 107 Whip + D defender higher) and Strength bonuses(89 and 90 SS higher.). Sums up - I would use Saradomin sword if situation lets me instead of whip + d defender just for better damage output.
Therefore in pictures you see the stats - from that only I can say Saradomin sword is good as it is. Charr sources indeed are reliable I noticed over the course of playing this game.
For obtaining both items:
Getting it on Ironman/Regular player is hard on both sides. Whip and defender is easier tho and costs cheaper but the damage is lower considering accuracy isn't the factor. Accuracy may be the thing why it's not used so often anymore, SS that is.

In short, if SS gets accuracy buff, I agree.
If any other buff, especially the ones Charr mentioned, I disagree.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 07:09:58 pm »
Why get so mad over suggestion, Otto? It's just game environment to enjoy. Try to relax and stay calm. Best option: is to learn to take other opinion as equal as yours. Not sure why you stated that I write something "made up" while its just mine opinion, thoughts and experience. Mine alone and nobody else. Never let emotions your cloud judgement.

O-T: I still disagree. See no point in making it better. Perhaps slight nerf to whip?

Firstly, you don't know me, you wouldn't have any idea how I behave if I actually were mad.

Secondly, it's an opinion to think that X thing doesn't need a nerf/buff. It's not an opinion to say that Charr wanted to nerf SS when he clearly didn't. That's a lie. There's a fine line between lying and having an opinion. That's like saying something as absurd as Hitler was a great man, WW1 and 2 never happened, Trump isn't the President of the USA and Terrorism doesn't exist. Are those opinions? No. Those are just straight up lies.

Thirdly, opinions with no facts to back them up hold zero value. Why would whip need an nerf? It's a weak weapon only used for staking, it costs 1M and is not overpowerful in any way. Meanwhile SS is considerably harder to get, costs 2M and cannot even be called a sidegrade to the whip. The balance of effort needed to get those weapons and what you actually get rewarded for that effort is nonexistent.

Opinions are but tools in argumentation. Discussing and arguing about things is the best way to achieve the best solution. You aren't even trying to discuss, you're complaining about me being rational towards your opinion. You can't possibly think about people taking you seriously with that kind of an attitude.

First you ask SS nerf, now you ask SS buff. Okey. Still I disagree. It is good the way it is to me.

He never asked for a SS nerf tho

Well, not Charr exactly but people who used both of those variations ( SS | Whip + D defender)
This^

And now you admitted that saying Charr wanting a nerf for SS as a made up thing, point proven.

Anyway, 51 is indeed more than 29, but as Charr said, the SS hardly ever hits anything with the special attack. Its accuracy is really bad. You could buff the accuracy like you said, and maybe tone down the max hit of the special attack a bit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:12:25 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Wg Iron

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:35 am »
Anyway, 51 is indeed more than 29, but as Charr said, the SS hardly ever hits anything with the special attack. Its accuracy is really bad. You could buff the accuracy like you said, and maybe tone down the max hit of the special attack a bit.

If you haven't really noticed yet, Abyssal whip has special attack requiring 75% of bar to be used and it binds oponent for 15 seconds and 10% higher damage output (eventually, ending up if by pictures 26 + 2,6 = 28,6 almost 29 at best).
While having Saradomin sword requires same special attack bar percentage and even without bind 31 + 20 = 51 maximum damage output. If maths are right 51 > 29(<- 28,6 almost 29). And also Saradomin sword adds prayer bonus.

The thing is, why would you use SS special anyway when there's the dds which is way more efficient.

In short, if SS gets accuracy buff, I agree.

I agree with the accuracy buff.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 02:02:17 pm »
I would like to know when I asked for a nerf to saradomin sword, because I'm quite sure I never have.
;

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 03:39:25 pm »
The special attack definitly needs some sort of a buff, beside that the base stats are also to low compared to a whip/defender combination.
Charr, once again, great suggestion. :-*

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 07:25:21 am »
if it gets buffed then maybe, just maybe there will be more demand for it too

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 12:31:58 pm »
sara sword has lower requirements?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »

Both require 70 attack and Sara Sword actually requires 50 strength in addition to that.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 12:44:16 pm »
Sara sword requires 70 attack and 50 strength.
Whip requires 70 attack.
Dragon defender requires a combined attack and strength level of 130.

Technically the defender makes it so that saradomin sword has lower requirements. I don't think it should stay completely useless for that reason. Most people that have 70 attack tend to have the 60 strength they would need for dragon defender anyways. It's requirement can be increased if necessary.
;

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 12:58:40 pm »
- Costs more than the Abyssal whip but also has a higher strength bonus, accuarcy bonus and a +3 prayer bonus.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 01:49:00 pm »
- Costs more than the Abyssal whip but also has a higher strength bonus, accuarcy bonus and a +3 prayer bonus.
It has a +1 higher str bonus, which makes no difference. It's accuracy bonus is lower than whip + ddef. Prayer bonus hasn't ever been significant. Would you just look at the stat pics I provided already?
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »
Considering it is a two handed weapon and the attack bonuses are still lower than the whip which is only a one handed weapon, that seems a little jank.
I think buffing it would be nice. I used it the other day an noticed I wasn't hitting nearly as high or often as I would have been if I was using the whip.
50% requirement for the special attack is something that I agree with too. Maybe 55% so you can't use two specs back to back (unless you have a ring of vigour).
Pages: 1 2