The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
Bird's Nest
« on: April 20, 2016, 12:25:34 pm »
Hello there, Ladies and Gents. :)

Who doesn't love to see that little dark thingy lay on ground, while you chop those logs for your uses in future?

My suggestion is to enchant woodcutting and farming skills, for more money making or skill ingredients obtaining methods, by adding bird's nests obtained from trees all around Emps-World
Now, for starters, who don't know, what actual bird's nest look like or what to do afterwards with them, here's good example:

http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bird's_nest

Also, in addition to this, Bird's eggs could be introduced as well, possible chance getting these bad boys, while looting nests, with a chance of 1 out of 1000 or even more rare. Eggs being as cosmetic item, would be nice, considering there is bird pets, like Saradomin Owl would match blue egg and etc.
Obtaining bird's nest chances would be:

Normal Trees - 1 in 150
Oak Trees - 1 in 125
Willow/Teak Trees - 1 in 100
Maple/Mahogany Trees - 1 in 75
Yew Trees - 1 in 50
Magic Trees - 1 in 20

For loots:

Guam Seed x 1 - 50
Marrentill Seed x 1 - 50
Tarromin Seed x 1 - 50
Harrandler Seed x 1 - 50

Ranarr Seed x 1 - 25
Irit Seed x 1 - 20
Avantoe Seed x 1 - 20
Toadflax Seed x 1 - 20
Kwuarm Seed x 1 - 20

Snapdragon Seed x 1 - 20
Cadantine Seed x 1 - 20
Lantadyme Seed x 1 - 20
Dwarf Weed Seed x 1 - 20
Torstol Seed x 1 - 20

Bird's Egg(blue) x 1
Bird's Egg(green) x 1
Bird's Egg(red) x 1

In colors I made loot, so it would be recognized on how rare it is:
Green - (Common)
Blue - (Uncommon, 1 in 10)
Red - (Rare, 1 in 20)
Black - (Very rare, 1 in 1000)

Rabbit foot necklace(strung) increases chances of getting nests.
Ring of wealth could increase slighty chance of getting Eggs.

Hatching Eggs could give you bird's with respective color, and like, Blue Egg would turn into Blue Eagle, Green Egg would turn into Green Swift, Red Egg would turn into Red Falcon, and let's say, it would slightly boost your exp rates on various skills, like Blue Eagle boosts fishing, for example. Almost, as having brawling gloves, just it follows you around. And after 1500 charges of boosting exp rates, in chatbox it will show: "Bird flies away, as he's growing up and in searches of new nest." Boost would be 57.5 % more exp, than receiving on normal rates. Could work on double exp weekends, just doesn't stack with brawling gloves. Other from that, I only see, that you can have it as pet for yourself or selling if it's tradeable.

Gladly take any opinions, because as far as I concern, there is only crushed nest obtaining method and only from magic trees, excluding combat involvement.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:28:54 pm by Triangle Dot »

Mary

Re: Bird's Nest
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 12:45:32 pm »
the bird pets are already dropped in gwd dungeon

considering the other loot from these nests are random gem jewellery and seeds i think most ppl would be annoyed they had to loot and crush the nests before using them in herblore

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »

considering the other loot from these nests are random gem jewellery and seeds i think most ppl would be annoyed they had to loot and crush the nests before using them in herblore
I was reffering about cosmetic match between eggs and bird pets, not looting them from nests. :) Plus, I noted, that looting them, would give player ingredients for skilling, not same loot as written in wiki 07 Osrs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:51:04 pm by Triangle Dot »

Mary

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:11:47 pm »

I was reffering about cosmetic match between eggs and bird pets, not looting them from nests. :) Plus, I noted, that looting them, would give player ingredients for skilling, not same loot as written in wiki 07 Osrs.
then add loot suggestions cuz that would be the only reason for introducing the actual birds nests and not just crushed nests (except for the suggestion to add them to all trees instead of magic trees).

also droprate is way too low for a birds nest, you need to get like 3 per inventory with magic trees which makes it more like a 1/50 to 1/10 chance depending on the tree
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:30:29 pm »

then add loot suggestions cuz that would be the only reason for introducing the actual birds nests and not just crushed nests (except for the suggestion to add them to all trees instead of magic trees).

also droprate is way too low for a birds nest, you need to get like 3 per inventory with magic trees which makes it more like a 1/50 to 1/10 chance depending on the tree
There. Should be okay with everything.

Mary

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »
so whats the point of the birds eggs if you cant hatch them

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
Well, I have in mind one thing, hatching Eggs could give you bird's with respective color, and like, Blue Egg would turn into Blue Eagle, let's say, it would slightly boost your exp rates on various gathering skills, like fishing, for example. Almost, as having brawling gloves, just it follows you around. And after 1500 charges of boosting exp rates, in chatbox it will show: "Bird flies away, as he's growing up and in searches of new nest." Boost would be 57.5 % more exp, than receiving on normal rates. Could work on double exp weekends, just doesn't stack with brawling gloves. Other from that, I only see, that you can have it as pet for yourself or selling if it's tradeable.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:47:05 pm by Triangle Dot »

Mary

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »
Well, I have in mind one thing, hatching Eggs could give you bird's with respective color, and like, Blue Egg would turn into Blue Eagle, let's say, it would slightly boost your exp rates on various gathering skills, like fishing, for example. Almost, as having brawling gloves, just it follows you around. And after 1500 charges of boosting exp rates, in chatbox it will show: "Bird flies away, as he's growing up and in searches of new nest." Boost would be 57.5 % more exp, than receiving on normal rates. Could work on double exp weekends, just doesn't stack with brawling gloves. Other from that, I only see, that you can have it as pet for yourself or selling if it's tradeable.
i like that idea

Offline Sqkuid Ward

• Liked: 122 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »
Definitely sounds like something unique and useful. I like the idea :)
Emps-World Moderator since March 22, 2016.
Emps-World Administrator since May 11, 2016.

Offline Skymaster100

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 04:46:21 pm »
would be sweet to see it come into emps
great idea :)
Pages: 1