The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Big slayer expansion update
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »
I don't see how the Armadyl corssbow would be ''broken on paper''. Hell, crossbows with Onyx (e) are utterly useless, the Arma crossbow wouldn't even be able to use them. It's a level 80 crystal bow.
Hunters c'bow with onyx bolts is actually very good now. Good accuracy and constant healing. However armadyl c'bow would be below that I guess. It'd basically be slightly weaker version of hunters c'bow in terms of raw stats but the passive bonus pays for that. It's no where near versitile as hunters c'bow so it wouldn't overtake the position as the strongest c'bow in the game. Would just give more variation I think.

Hunter c bow with onyx bolts have the potential to hit high, but for some reason I find myself hitting 50+ pretty damn rarely. Attack speed is an underappreciated weapon stat that more than makes up for the lack of max hits on bows, that's why dragon darts were so powerful to begin with.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 07:02:01 pm »
I don't see how the Armadyl corssbow would be ''broken on paper''. Hell, crossbows with Onyx (e) are utterly useless, the Arma crossbow wouldn't even be able to use them. It's a level 80 crystal bow.
Hunters c'bow with onyx bolts is actually very good now. Good accuracy and constant healing. However armadyl c'bow would be below that I guess. It'd basically be slightly weaker version of hunters c'bow in terms of raw stats but the passive bonus pays for that. It's no where near versitile as hunters c'bow so it wouldn't overtake the position as the strongest c'bow in the game. Would just give more variation I think.

Hunter c bow with onyx bolts have the potential to hit high, but for some reason I find myself hitting 50+ pretty damn rarely. Attack speed is an underappreciated weapon stat more than makes up for the lack of max hits on bows, that's why dragon darts were so powerful to begin with.
Yeah I think you can hit +70 with onyx bolts and good gear and get a massive heal with it but it doesn't happen too often.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 07:06:26 pm »

Hunter c bow with onyx bolts have the potential to hit high, but for some reason I find myself hitting 50+ pretty damn rarely. Attack speed is an underappreciated weapon stat more than makes up for the lack of max hits on bows, that's why dragon darts were so powerful to begin with.
Yeah I think you can hit +70 with onyx bolts and good gear and get a massive heal with it but it doesn't happen too often.

70 is (or at least was) the max hit with armadyl and the rest of best-in-slot outside of slayer tasks. I remember hitting it only like twice or so lmao

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 12:07:26 am »
What an amazing suggestion, looking forward to see these updates ingame :)
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 08:05:31 am »
Overall, I love idea. Let's make it happen. 10/10. :) Though rune pouch, bone bag and tome of frost would be nice to have in game, they would seem too OP for me. Bone bag would crash bones price, tome of frost would absolutely eliminate the need of elemental staff when barraging(unless no defensive bonuses are included then okay) and rune pouch, well, in pvp two extra brews is all you need to run away from being tbed so no thanks. Twats would have more chances of irritating you while you will be doing anything in pvp zone.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 08:47:43 am »
There are no ''unfinished overloads''. You create them all at once spending all the pots and the torstol. If OVLs were to be added, I think the way JP suggested is the way to go. 98 herb is already a high requirement, no need to add more bullshit to make it more tedious. QoL features on release should be the way to go, not after years after initial release.
Yeah unf ovls would have to be some renamed potion that you can't drink. These would give you the ability to skip the majority of the tedious stuff by just buying them. Or you could make them on another account and trade the unfinished version over. This would still require you to purchase the ingredient from the slayer shop and actually make the final potion yourself.

;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 10:09:39 am »
There are no ''unfinished overloads''. You create them all at once spending all the pots and the torstol. If OVLs were to be added, I think the way JP suggested is the way to go. 98 herb is already a high requirement, no need to add more bullshit to make it more tedious. QoL features on release should be the way to go, not after years after initial release.
Yeah unf ovls would have to be some renamed potion that you can't drink. These would give you the ability to skip the majority of the tedious stuff by just buying them. Or you could make them on another account and trade the unfinished version over. This would still require you to purchase the ingredient from the slayer shop and actually make the final potion yourself.

Takes the same effort to create the potions straight away as adding the last ingredient, apart from the extra banking you have to do. OVLs would give high XP per potion and higher XP rates should only be achievable if you put effort into it.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 12:34:48 pm »
Overall, I love idea. Let's make it happen. 10/10. :) Though rune pouch, bone bag and tome of frost would be nice to have in game, they would seem too OP for me. Bone bag would crash bones price, tome of frost would absolutely eliminate the need of elemental staff when barraging(unless no defensive bonuses are included then okay) and rune pouch, well, in pvp two extra brews is all you need to run away from being tbed so no thanks. Twats would have more chances of irritating you while you will be doing anything in pvp zone.
Gives you more space for supplies yeah but do you want to risk an untradeable items is a different thing. Takes some effort to get it back :)

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 01:45:03 pm »
Looks like an amazing suggestion !

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:17 pm »
Sounds good. I'll also redo the entire assignment system though. So that slayer masters better reflect their difficulty and the amount of assigned monsters per task. :)
The following users liked this post: Land Rover 1, Charr, Level Down, Looterino
Pages: 1 2