The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Big slayer expansion update
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:37:42 am »
Slayer expansion

Main goal

As we're all aware slayer is by far the slowest skill in emps. It's also probably the most popular one.
Main goal of this suggestion is to pump up its slow XP rates at later levels by a fair bit by offering a new slayer master who assigns the fastest XP/h tasks in larger quantities but can also assign a new special slayer assigment which I will explain more on the next part.
There are new items and things to unlock (and a pet!) in this suggestion as well but more of that below.

New slayer master, Ancient Cavern and Slayer Dungeon update

Ancient Gladiators should be moved somewhere else from the slayer dungeon and replaced with Iron and Steel Dragons. They don't really fit in there after this update.
Reduce the amount of Abyssal Watchers and move them somewhere there possibly?
Move Black Demons to where Iron Dragons were previously. This gives an area for Greater Demons only.
This slayer dungeon should be only accessible if you have a slayer task and the slayer cave has that monster inside it.

Add a teleport to Ferocious Ring to get next to Shenven.

Shenven (90 slayer would be required), who is located in front of slayer dungeon could be used as a new slayer master who assigns the fastest xp/h slayer tasks but can also assign a new special slayer assigment.
She would assign far larger quantities to slay compared to other slayer master so you don't have to go and get a new task that often. This will pump up the xp/h rates by a fair bit without actually touching the xp itself.
Here's the proposed list of what she could possibly assign and their quantities:
  • Aquanite - 120 - 140
  • Hellhounds 120 - 140
  • Greater Demons - 130 - 150
  • Black Demons - 100 - 120
  • Gargoyles - 160 - 200
  • Nechryaels - 180 - 220
  • Abyssal Demons - 180 - 220
  • Dark Beasts - 120 - 140
  • Frost Dragons - 60 - 80
  • Mithril Dragons - 30 - 40
  • Iron Dragons 40 - 50
  • Steel Dragons 40 - 50
  • Specal slayer assigment - 1
Special Slayer Assigment

Shenven would be able to assign you a special slayer assignment. In this task you would be given 3 random boss monsters to kill. Excluding Jad and Kolodion. (Smoke Demon Champion, General Graardor and King Black Dragon as an example task)
Once you've killed all 3 you would have to return to Shenven to claim your item and xp reward. Possible base loot could be coins, alchables and skilling supplies etc... Possible 'special loot' could be a new crossbow called Armadyl Crossbow (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadyl_crossbow) and a pet called Abyssal Minion (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_minion).
Here's a few example loots:
  • Coins, rune platelegs x2, black dragonhide x22, dragon bones x19
  • Coins, dragon med helm x1, grimy kwuarm x14, uncut emerald x34
  • Armadyl Crossbow x1
  • Coins, adamant platebody x5, red spider eggs x22, coal x43
Armadyl Crossbow could be around 3% chance to get. This mighty crossbow would be equivalent to Rod of Ivandis as in how it works. It's tradeable but only if it's fully repaired. Our beloved Bob at Port Sarim or Lumbridge would repair it for a fee.
Armadyl Crossbow would not use bolts at all as it's repaired with cash and you wouldn't even be able to use bolts with it. It could be on par with Hunters c'bow with rune bolts in power. It could have some kind of special effect that you have a chance to deal 10% of your enemys current hp in bonus damage.

Abyssal minion is an untradeable Abyssal demon pet that you could be able to obtain as loot from Shenvens special slayer assigments. 1 in 100 (1%) chance to obtain. Essentially making it a slayer pet.

New items and unlockables

5 New weapons which specialize well in slayer and outside of it as well. Chaotic weaponry.
These would cost 30k Slayer Points each and each one also has their own special effect while in task. They're level 70 weapons that specialize well in slayer and can also be used outside of it. These do not degreade.
  • Chaotic Crossbow - 5% more ranged damage while in task
  • Chaotic Staff - 5% more magic damage while in task
  • Chaotic Maul - 5% more strength bonus while in task and same special effect what zamorakian spear and anger weapons have. Larger the enemy -> higher hits (Works outside of task too)
  • Chaotic Rapier - 5% more accuracy while in task
  • Chaotic Longsword - 5% more strength bonus while in task
These all stack with full slayer helms accuracy and damage bonus so you'll have a chance to deal 20% more damage while in task or be 20% more accurate while in task when using these weapons.
  • We could be able to buy the ability to learn how to make Overloads with slayer points. Costs 15k slayer points perhaps?
    Now, hear me out. Overloads ARE NOT overpowered as most of you probably think. This potion would boost your melees, ranged and magic level to 118/99 at level 99.
    This is the same boost what super combat potion gives to melee stats. Difference is that overload also boosts your magic and ranged and the boost does not wear off over time.
    Drinking brews or anything else that lowers your combat, ranged or magic stat would bring the boost down but it will go back up after the next cycle.
    Once you've bought the ability to make them you would also require a herblore level of 98 to make them.
    Proposed recipe could be same as runescape uses. Super attack (3), super strength (3), super defence (3), super ranging (3), super magic (3) and clean torstol.
    Overloads are not tradeable.
  • Ability to use Soulsplit prayer. 15k points to buy. Hear me out on this one as well. I feel like soulsplit would not even have too many uses in Emps due to it's high prayer level requirement -> high pray drain rate compared to protection prayers which are used the most. It is not overpowered. Around 5% lifesteal bonus would be great for this. If you hit 30 for example you would be healed by 2 hitpoints. Soulsplit would not make bossing easy because you're required to use protection prayers else you would just get shredded pretty much. Soulsplit does not outheal the damage you receive when bossing. I feel like the only use for soulsplit would be in more casual pvm when you don't want to use food that much or at all.
    ''Been killing abyssal demons and am down to 30 hitpoints, i'll turn my soulsplit on and heal back up to full'' feels like the mentality here. Level 92 prayer is required to use soulsplit.
  • Recoloured slayer helms could be one of the new rewards as well. 7,5k each to recolor your helm. Red, green, blue because why not?
  • Tome of frost. 7,5k points. Infinite water runes and used in shield slot.
  • Bonecrusher. 7,5k points to buy. Having this item in your inventory will crush the bones you get as a drop for 150% experience. This would be really handy if you do not like to pick up the bones and collect them for later use or for sale.
  • Rune pouch. 7,5k points. Can be used to store 3 different runes. 10k cap for each slot.
  • Looting bag renamed to bone bag. 7,5k points. Stores 28 of any bone. Nice for collecting bones. Especially for ironmen who wish to use them later on gilded altar for a bigger xp drop and get more out of bones.
  • Herb and uncut bags. 7,5k points each. Stores 28 of any herb and uncut.
Other

Prayer renewal potions

I feel like these would be a nice addition to PvM and herblore skill overall. This potion restores your prayer points overtime instead of instantly like prayer and super restore potions.
This basically lowers down your prayer drain rate. Proposed recipe(s): fellstalk herb + watermelon OR prayer potion (3) + watermelon. 95 herblore to make.
Using fellstalk for this would also mean that we get a new herb seed and a herb to be obtained from farming. This could be the highest level herb that you can farm.

Coal bag

Could be added to shooting star rewards for 5k dust. Stores 28 any type of ore.

Final words

Give feedback and criticism to this suggestion by posting your comments and what you feel like if this update was to happen.
What would be bad? What could be improved? Do not post 'I disagree cos chaotics, overloads and soulsplit are op' just because of the general opinion people have.
'Chaotics are just another update to ruin emps cos they ruined runescape' is not a reason to disagree either and is not proper feedback.
Think this whole suggestion through properly and read my ideas. Think your feedback properly as well.

Tl;dr: Slightly faster slayer xp/h rates with a new slayer master, new weapons, new potion, new slayer rewards, new prayer and a new pet
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:32:45 pm by Jp »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Big slayer expansion update
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:08:53 am »
Yes

Offline Level Down

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:34:04 am »
No words for this, this is all i ever wanted. :D

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 12:59:30 pm »
Added a few more smaller rewards and tl;dr at the end.

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 01:25:57 pm »
you've put a lot of thought into this, i'd love to see this happen too

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 01:42:31 pm »
About those item bags (bone bag, herb bag etc.) Would there be a limit how many of those you can have in your inventory, or could you just bring 20 of them? Seems kinda OP for me.

EDIT: I mean that you could easily farm 20 bag of frost dragon bones by that way (makes a total of 560 bones per one trip). Maybe we should buff the frost dragon by a little after that construction update?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:48:20 pm by Division66 »

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:17 pm »
About those item bags (bone bag, herb bag etc.) Would there be a limit how many of those you can have in your inventory, or could you just bring 20 of them? Seems kinda OP for me.
Just 1.

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 01:50:34 pm »
Just 1.

Ok. I know nothing about those chaotic items or soulsplit prayer so no opinions on those. Others seems perfectly fine for me.

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 02:47:35 pm »
I'm completely for this update!!!

Question about bone crusher as I'm assuming it an RS item? That I have never came across but when you say for 150% you mean the crusher will like bury(crush) the bones there and then and give you the xp as if you had collected them and buried them?
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 02:50:14 pm »

Question about bone crusher as I'm assuming it an RS item? That I have never came across but when you say for 150% you mean the crusher will like bury(crush) the bones there and then and give you the xp as if you had collected them and buried them?
Yes. You do not even have to pick them up. They're automatically crushed and grant you the experience.
With 150% experience boost dragon bones would grant 735 xp instead of 490 without any other bonus for example-

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 02:51:25 pm »

Yes. You do not even have to pick them up. They're automatically crushed and grant you the experience.

This needs added now!!!! But yeah love this

#ThomyUpdateNow
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »
Main goal
As we're all aware slayer is by far the slowest skill in emps. It's also probably the most popular one. Main goal of this suggestion is to pump up its slow XP rates at later levels by a fair bit by offering a new slayer master who assigns the fastest XP/h tasks in larger quantities but can also assign a new special slayer assigment which I will explain more on the next part.
You should really emphasize here that this isn't much of a direct buff to slayer exp rates, I know you do it later on but still. It just makes it so you spend less of your time doing slayer not getting slayer exp, which is good.

Ancient Gladiators should be moved somewhere else from the slayer dungeon and replaced with Iron and Steel Dragons. They don't really fit in there after this update. Reduce the amount of Abyssal Watchers and move them somewhere there possibly? Move Black Demons to where Iron Dragons were previously. This gives an area for Greater Demons only. This slayer dungeon should be only accessible if you have a slayer task and the slayer cave has that monster inside it.
Or here's a better idea; actually make these slayer monsters good for y'know, slayer. All the monsters released with ancient caves should stay in them in my opinion. Do agree we need to split up areas for lesser/greater demons. Black demons and hellhounds honestly have plenty of spots besides ancient caves, they can be replaced compeltely if necessary.

Shenven (90 slayer would be required), who is located in front of slayer dungeon could be used as a new slayer master who assigns the fastest xp/h slayer tasks but can also assign a new special slayer assigment. She would assign far larger quantities to slay compared to other slayer master so you don't have to go and get a new task that often. This will pump up the xp/h rates by a fair bit without actually touching the xp itself.
The ability to extend tasks would do this without needing another slayer master, though I wouldn't be against it this way.

Here's the proposed list of what she could possibly assign and their quantities:
  • Aquanite - 120 - 140
  • Hellhounds 120 - 140
  • Greater Demons - 130 - 150
  • Black Demons - 100 - 120
  • Gargoyles - 160 - 200
  • Nechryaels - 180 - 220
  • Abyssal Demons - 180 - 220
  • Dark Beasts - 120 - 140
  • Frost Dragons - 60 - 80
  • Mithril Dragons - 30 - 40
  • Iron Dragons 40 - 50
  • Steel Dragons 40 - 50
In order from first to last: Good, okay, good, great, okay, good, good, good, great, bad, bad, bad. Task list needs work and some monsters that need obvious improvements are kind of skipped over in this suggestion.

Shenven would be able to assign you a special slayer assignment. In this task you would be given 3 random boss monsters to kill. Excluding Jad and Kolodion. (Smoke Demon Champion, General Graardor and King Black Dragon as an example task)
Once you've killed all 3 you would have to return to Shenven to claim your reward. Possible base loot could be coins, alchables and skilling supplies etc... Possible 'special loot' could be a new crossbow called Armadyl Crossbow (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Armadyl_crossbow) and a pet called Abyssal Minion (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_minion).
Here's a few example loots:
  • Coins, rune platelegs x2, black dragonhide x22, dragon bones x19
  • Coins, dragon med helm x1, grimy kwuarm x14, uncut emerald x34
  • Armadyl Crossbow x1
  • Coins, adamant platebody x5, red spider eggs x22, coal x43
Armadyl Crossbow could be around 3% chance to get. This mighty crossbow would be equivalent to Rod of Ivandis as in how it works. It's tradeable but only if it's fully repaired. Our beloved Bob at Port Sarim or Lumbridge would repair it for a fee.
Armadyl Crossbow would not use bolts at all as it's repaired with cash and you wouldn't even be able to use bolts with it. It could be on par with Hunters c'bow with rune bolts in power. It could have some kind of special effect that you have a chance to deal 10% of your enemys current hp in bonus damage. Abyssal minion is an untradeable Abyssal demon pet that you could be able to obtain as loot from Shenvens special slayer assigments. 1 in 100 (1%) chance to obtain. Essentially making it a slayer pet.
Boss tasks in disguise with a weapon that seems broken on paper. No thanks. Put the pet in the shop or 1 in 1k from any task or something. Acb doesn't have a model either.

5 New weapons which specialize well in slayer and outside of it as well. Chaotic weaponry. These would cost 30k Slayer Points each and each one also has their own special effect while in task. They're level 70 weapons that specialize well in slayer and can also be used outside of it. These do not degreade.
  • Chaotic Crossbow - 5% more ranged damage while in task
  • Chaotic Staff - 5% more magic damage while in task
  • Chaotic Maul - 5% more strength bonus while in task and same special effect what zamorakian spear and anger weapons have. Larger the enemy -> higher hits (Works outside of task too)
  • Chaotic Rapier - 5% more accuracy while in task
  • Chaotic Longsword - 5% more strength bonus while in task
These all stack with full slayer helms accuracy and damage bonus so you'll have a chance to deal 20% more damage while in task or be 20% more accurate while in task when using these weapons.
Not making them degrade makes them pretty much push out every other weapon from pvm. Mauls doing more damage to larger foes makes no sense since the larger the foe the less % area of them you're actually hitting them with, which in the case of a weapon like a maul, is bad. Zs doesn't have that effect. Maul would be somewhat useless due to the lower attack speed. 3 melee weapons and 1 ranged and magic weapon make this terrible to balance, chaotics also bring about their 'reputation' with them. That should be plenty of reason not to go with them for weapons. 1 for each style, pick weapons that fit or have them custom made.

• We could be able to buy the ability to learn how to make Overloads with slayer points. Costs 15k slayer points perhaps?
    Now, hear me out. Overloads ARE NOT overpowered as most of you probably think. This potion would boost your melees, ranged and magic level to 118/99 at level 99.
    This is the same boost what super combat potion gives to melee stats. Difference is that overload also boosts your magic and ranged and the boost does not wear off over time.
    Drinking brews or anything else that lowers your combat, ranged or magic stat would bring the boost down but it will go back up after the next cycle.
    Once you've bought the ability to make them you would also require a herblore level of 98 to make them.
    Proposed recipe could be same as runescape uses. Super attack (3), super strength (3), super defence (3), super ranging (3), super magic (3) and clean torstol. Overloads are not tradeable.
Better idea: You instead put an ingredient that you will need to make overloads in the slayer shop. It would need to be used on an (unf) overload, which you could craft from whatever potions, I don't particularly care which is used, go nuts, put in brews or something. The unfinished version should be tradable, the finished version should not. It means you can pay someone else to burden themselves with RSI for money.

• Ability to use Soulsplit prayer. 15k points to buy. Hear me out on this one as well. I feel like soulsplit would not even have too many uses in Emps due to it's high prayer level requirement -> high pray drain rate compared to protection prayers which are used the most. It is not overpowered. Around 5% lifesteal bonus would be great for this. If you hit 30 for example you would be healed by 2 hitpoints. Soulsplit would not make bossing easy because you're required to use protection prayers else you would just get shredded pretty much. Soulsplit does not outheal the damage you receive when bossing. I feel like the only use for soulsplit would be in more casual pvm when you don't want to use food that much or at all. ''Been killing abyssal demons and am down to 30 hitpoints, i'll turn my soulsplit on and heal back up to full'' feels like the mentality here. Level 92 prayer is required to use soulsplit.
Equip full 3rd age, turn on soul split, never die ever. Pray flicking makes it so that you can effectively use soulsplit and a protection prayer. PvM can not have this, please no.

• Recoloured slayer helms could be one of the new rewards as well. 7,5k each to recolor your helm. Red, green, blue because why not?
Because no models
  • Tome of frost. 7,5k points. Infinite water runes and used in shield slot.
Elemental staff exists, kind of takes away from it, no thanks.
  • Bonecrusher. 7,5k points to buy. Having this item in your inventory will crush the bones you get as a drop for 150% experience. This would be really handy if you do not like to pick up the bones and collect them for later use or for sale.
This item does not need bonus exp and it shouldn't be given it imo.
  • Rune pouch. 7,5k points. Can be used to store 3 different runes. 10k cap for each slot.
  • Looting bag renamed to bone bag. 7,5k points. Stores 28 of any bone. Nice for collecting bones. Especially for ironmen who wish to use them later on gilded altar for a bigger xp drop and get more out of bones.
Looting bag would be better since it's not limited to bones, but please wildy only for lootbag. Am against bonebag, screw that.
  • Herb and uncut bags. 7,5k points each. Stores 28 of any herb and uncut.
Meh.
Prayer renewal potions
I feel like these would be a nice addition to PvM and herblore skill overall. This potion restores your prayer points overtime instead of instantly like prayer and super restore potions.This basically lowers down your prayer drain rate. Proposed recipe(s): fellstalk herb + watermelon OR prayer potion (3) + watermelon. 95 herblore to make. Using fellstalk for this would also mean that we get a new herb seed and a herb to be obtained from farming. This could be the highest level herb that you can farm.
It being an upgrade to ppots would be nice. Shame you left out sanfew serum.

Coal bag
Could be added to shooting star rewards for 5k dust. Stores 28 any type of ore.
Slayer topic or add dungeoneering rewards topic? Pick one mate.

;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »
@ Charr, a 5% soul split won't be enough to fully afk a task. I don't see people AFKing with the vampirism aura. Besides, you can already turn protection prayers on and never die without any armor. Your ''point'' makes absolutely no sense.

If you don't think a task is good, you can always skip them. Not everyone has a 10B bank. I do Watcher, Ice fiend, Gladiator, Revenant and Spectral tasks without thinking twice.

I don't see how the Armadyl corssbow would be ''broken on paper''. Hell, crossbows with Onyx (e) are utterly useless, the Arma crossbow wouldn't even be able to use them. It's a level 80 crystal bow.

Chaotics would be lvl 70 and the 5% extra damage would only be available on slayer tasks. They are 10 tiers behing elemental weaponry, ZS and such and 5 tiers behind anger weaponry. Angers already push every other weapon out of the water, they need competition.

There are no ''unfinished overloads''. You create them all at once spending all the pots and the torstol. If OVLs were to be added, I think the way JP suggested is the way to go. 98 herb is already a high requirement, no need to add more bullshit to make it more tedious. QoL features on release should be the way to go, not after years after initial release.

There are models for colored slayer helmets.

Elemental staff is expensive as hell to use even if you save all the elemental runes that cost virtually nothing compared to crystals and the staff itself. You cant make it more irrelevant weapon as it currently is. ToF would have lower bonuses than Arcane and Ice shield in exchange for an inventory slot.

Looting bag in wilderness only would be useless af for slayer. There's 2 tasks that would actually utilize it. Bone bag would be way more useful.

I also think that Sanfew serums would be a waste of development time in Emps since the only place you would really use them is the KQ. Poison Purge also allows you to heal from poison so why even use Sanfews?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:52:48 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Online Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 06:52:34 pm »
Otto the savior.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Il Skill L

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 06:56:50 pm »
I don't see how the Armadyl corssbow would be ''broken on paper''. Hell, crossbows with Onyx (e) are utterly useless, the Arma crossbow wouldn't even be able to use them. It's a level 80 crystal bow.
Hunters c'bow with onyx bolts is actually very good now. Good accuracy and constant healing. However armadyl c'bow would be below that I guess. It'd basically be slightly weaker version of hunters c'bow in terms of raw stats but the passive bonus pays for that. It's no where near versitile as hunters c'bow so it wouldn't overtake the position as the strongest c'bow in the game. Would just give more variation I think.
Pages: 1 2