The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bank expansion
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:31:36 am »
I'm going to suggest it yet again. We get new items every update, they may not be much but the urgency for more space is rising. There's been talk about how exactly we'd want the expansion to be done. I honestly don't think it would matter much so long as we get some more space. It has just been delaying the process.

That being said, I do have a way I'd prefer. We've talked about having a second bank account before. I think that would be the way to go. It would mean the interface doesn't need to be changed, there'd be no lagg caused by loading an extra 10 tabs worth of items and it would be purely optional. It would allow people to also keep loot tabs without having to remove things from their bank, as they could just move it to the second bank or keep the tab there.

The amount of items we've got with the last 10 updates:
To give you a bit of a picture as to why we need more bank space.
  • October 27th - 6 new items
  • October 6th - 3 new items
  • September 19th - 11 new items (counting 1-3 dose versions of overloads, not counting lower dose extremes)
  • September 6th - 29 new items
  • August 23th - 21 new items
  • August 8th - 0 new items
  • June 9th - 25 new items
  • May 24th - 0 new items
  • May 12th - 4 new items (only counting the upgraded versions of abyssal weps as 1 rather than 12)
  • April 27th - 4 new items
Total: 100 new items in the span of about 7 months.

The amount of items we get per update varies quite a lot. We've had several updates introducing 0 new items. We've also had updates that introduced a lot of items, clue scrolls for example introduced a total of 174 items on their initial release. Granted, updates containing a lot of items are not very common. In the long term we are going to need more bank space, it'd be quite convenient to get it as soon as possible.

But you could just stop collecting useless garbage
This is a valid counterargument, one could indeed throw out everything that is useless and save a ton of bank space. You'll definitely have enough bank space if you throw out all cosmetics, not best in slot gear and skilling items. You'll easily keep multiple tabs of your bank completely empty.

However, there are reasons players might consider keeping items that aren't exactly useful. Some people enjoy collecting sets of loot. Pkers might keep gear around that isn't exactly best in slot. People that do lots of PvMing might have some loot in their bank. There are plenty of reasons why someone's bank would end up full. It's most definitely a choice, and I think people should be able to make the choice to collect stuff and not be inconvenienced by having to use two accounts to bank.
;
The following users liked this post: Fladamax

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Bank expansion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 11:46:03 am »

Seriously how fucking hard it can fucking be. It's also fucking hilarious how you havent got the hint yet after suggesting the same shit 10 times and not seeing the shit brought in game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:48:15 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:40:33 pm »
It's also fucking hilarious how you havent got the hint yet after suggesting the same shit 3 times and not seeing the shit brought in game.
How many times were clue scrolls suggested before they were brought into the game? I get what you're saying, but given that Thomy has expressed interest in expanding bank space before I'm going to disregard it.

That sounds like an interesting idea... Maybe offering the ability to purchase additional bank accounts? Resulting in being able to have infinitely many banks. Though, this may result in a bad overall item deposit system. Your searches will be limited and you have to maintain different versions of your bank.

I rather just add more bank tabs to support bank searches and tab layouts.
We probably need a decent way of endlessly expanding the bank. I'll try to think of something. Maybe bank boosters would work out? Items that give you an additional tab in your bank, so +100 slots.
I'd like a see an update to the bank which removes the item limit per tab but instead adds an global bank space limit across all the tabs. Bank boosters could be added to the EC shop.
Yeah that won't really work due to how the bank space is saved internally. Tab 1 is items 0-99, tab 2 is items 100-199, etc. It's impossible to give tab 1 200 items, because those would overwrite the ones in tab 2. An infinite tab solution however, would work.
;

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:48:48 pm »
Stop collecting trash
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Papa Troq, Bluestorm, Tomtim1, Str8att7, Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 01:44:22 pm »
If anything, the bank space should be reduced drastically to encourage trading to renew the market.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 02:09:27 pm »
If anything, the bank space should be reduced drastically to encourage trading to renew the market.
Forced ultimate regularmanmode because trading, sounds good.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »
Forced ultimate regularmanmode because trading, sounds good.

Oh my god, trading in an online multiplayer game. What the hell is this blasphemy.
The following users liked this post: Papa Troq, Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 10:09:51 pm »
we have item sets now, that means more bank space.

The bank space in Emps is absolutely fine imo unless you want to have every single item ing to be in your bank which is avoidable.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 10:25:27 pm »
I'm going to suggest it yet again. We get new items every update, they may not be much but the urgency for more space is rising. There's been talk about how exactly we'd want the expansion to be done. I honestly don't think it would matter much so long as we get some more space. It has just been delaying the process.

That being said, I do have a way I'd prefer. We've talked about having a second bank account before. I think that would be the way to go. It would mean the interface doesn't need to be changed, there'd be no lagg caused by loading an extra 10 tabs worth of items and it would be purely optional. It would allow people to also keep loot tabs without having to remove things from their bank, as they could just move it to the second bank or keep the tab there.

The amount of items we've got with the last 10 updates:
To give you a bit of a picture as to why we need more bank space.
  • October 27th - 6 new items
  • October 6th - 3 new items
  • September 19th - 11 new items (counting 1-3 dose versions of overloads, not counting lower dose extremes)
  • September 6th - 29 new items
  • August 23th - 21 new items
  • August 8th - 0 new items
  • June 9th - 25 new items
  • May 24th - 0 new items
  • May 12th - 4 new items (only counting the upgraded versions of abyssal weps as 1 rather than 12)
  • April 27th - 4 new items
Total: 100 new items in the span of about 7 months.

The amount of items we get per update varies quite a lot. We've had several updates introducing 0 new items. We've also had updates that introduced a lot of items, clue scrolls for example introduced a total of 174 items on their initial release. Granted, updates containing a lot of items are not very common. In the long term we are going to need more bank space, it'd be quite convenient to get it as soon as possible.

But you could just stop collecting useless garbage
This is a valid counterargument, one could indeed throw out everything that is useless and save a ton of bank space. You'll definitely have enough bank space if you throw out all cosmetics, not best in slot gear and skilling items. You'll easily keep multiple tabs of your bank completely empty.

However, there are reasons players might consider keeping items that aren't exactly useful. Some people enjoy collecting sets of loot. Pkers might keep gear around that isn't exactly best in slot. People that do lots of PvMing might have some loot in their bank. There are plenty of reasons why someone's bank would end up full. It's most definitely a choice, and I think people should be able to make the choice to collect stuff and not be inconvenienced by having to use two accounts to bank.
With the introduction of clue scrolls, the bank space we have seems to be lacking.

To elaborate; we have a maximum of 900 bank spaces, if you're a main that PvMs it's easy to fill at least half that space with supplies and PvMing gear. If you're a skiller, 1-3 tabs should be occupied by skilling materials. If you enjoy collecting cosmetic items you'll most likely have 2-3 tabs full of them. Another tab can be filled by the cosmetic items from shops alone. You could easily fill all those 900 bank spaces before clue scrolls, even if you didn't keep junk around.

That's not even mentioning all the bloody skillcapes/combicapes/200mcapes we have.

With the introduction of clue scrolls however, some junk items are necessary to complete certain steps, items like green d'hide and mithril sets suddenly are something you should keep in your bank if you wanna get through these clues as fast as possible. I don't know the list of required items, but it could easily occupy a single tab.

Clue scrolls also introduced a lot of new items. There are 163 new items from clue scroll rewards, not counting the clue scrolls themselves, we simply don't have the space to collect these however. It's also incredibly inconvenient to constantly transfer around items. We have 900 bank spaces, but we need more.

First up, adding more bank space is an easy solution, having more tabs locked behind membership isn't too terrible. We could use another 3-5 tabs. Though this may be difficult to do, so I'm gonna list potential other solutions as well.
  • Storing potions per single dose and being able to take them out however you want (saves 30 or more bank slots on anyone PvMing)
  • Removing minigame currencies as an item and adding them to the account itself (saves a few bank slots and would make minigame highscores easier to create)
  • Item sets (potentially saves 100s of bank slots)
  • Hidey holes - these are storage spaces near the locations of clue scrolls where you can store items required for the clue scroll steps completed at that location, you can only store the specific items used for the step there (taken from OSRS)
  • Special storage for cosmetic items - The costume room in the player owned house is a good example of this, we could have one in banks until construction is out
  • Cosmetic override - being able to add/remove cosmetic items to your character and selecting which ones are displayed (rs3 has this, wouldn't work in wilderness)
If anyone has other ideas I'd like to hear them.
:notlikethis: You suggested same thing over and over again. The more updates will come in future the more you will want to have infinity bank space. I don't know is it hard to make new account for it? (excluding with Ironman.) Think before you suggest another useless idea.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 11:38:48 pm »
we have item sets now, that means more bank space.
Item sets aren't for every item, you are right that they do save quite a lot of bank space. However, since I don't end up getting full sets as a drop but parts they're largely useless when it comes to storing loot. I end up not putting things into sets because I get individual pieces as parts, it would save me more bank space to not have a set. It does save quite a bit of space for cosmetics, but by far not enough for me to not have to store stuff on another account.
I don't know is it hard to make new account for it? (excluding with Ironman.)
It's not, it's very inconvenient to have to multilog to access your bank though. I don't think it's good game design to get people to multilog to properly store items.
Think before you suggest another useless idea.
:LUL:
;

Offline Fladamax

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 01:22:26 am »
I would love to have more bank space... Currently we have 10 bank tabs and i cant say we dont have enaugh... But people like me (Who pvm and skill alot) might need some more space. My 1st tab is my main tab where i store melee gear,keys,money,caskets,clues etc... 2nd tab is for range and magic gear, 3rd and 4th are skilling supplies, 5th is for potions and food... Yes i have all these 1,2,3 and 4 dose potions there so the whole tab is full of potions and food. 6th tab is for items that are required for clue scrolls and couple clue scroll rewards... 7th and 8th tab's are cosmetics and i have to say that i would love to have more cosmetics but im limited on bank space... 9th tab is mostly skill capes and pets, couple cosmetic items aswell. And last tab is for items that are worth alching or just some random stuff i sometimes need. I like to have mostly everything in my bank but i rarely keep anything more than i need. I mean you wont see me having 10 bandos sets and 50 ags...

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 02:00:07 am »
Stop collecting trash

You heard the lady. Stop collecting her donator items :kappa: 

-

Don't see why more bank space is a problem.

The following users liked this post: Drugs
Pages: 1