The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Balancing droptables
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:43:34 am »
Many of our monsters have droptables that generate a very high amount of cash in the form of alch drops. This might be a problem because more cash gets generated than sinked and thus cash slowly but surely inflates. My idea is to take a look at each droptable and simply balance them in terms of the amount of cash they can generate. I don't expect this topic to get a lot of positive reactions, since it's gonna make people earn less money, but I'd appreciate constructive feedback on the topic.

The problem
Let's take one of the most killed monsters as an example; blue dragons. This is their current droptable:

There are a few things you may have noticed: There are a whopping 30 items in it's droptable, 19 of which are likely either gonna be alched or sold to the general store in order to generate cash. It has 3 guarranteed drops, which all have a use in terms of skilling. For something that already has good guarranteed drops it has way too big of a droptable.

Let's do some math shall we. For this, we'll assume the droprates are absolute and in 1000 kills we get the exact amount that is the droprate. This won't happen in practise but it's done for the sake of statistics. In 1000 kills we get the following: 1 Dragon hatchling, 40 half keys, 200 herbs, 5 d skirt, 5 d legs, 5 shield left half, 5 shield right half, 5 d med helm, 6 d scims, 6 d 2hs, 7 dds, 7 d spear, 7 d long and 7 d mace. This leaves us with 694 common/uncommon drops. I do not know the rate at which these drop so I am going to take the average amount of cash that a common/uncommon drop would generate. This is 13,616 gp. The value of 694 common/uncommon drops is 9,449,504 gp. The value of the dragon drops is 4,493,535 gp. That makes 13,943,039 gp total, divide that by 1000 and we have our average of 13,943 gp generated per blue dragon killed.

It takes no less than 10 seconds to kill a blue dragon in decent gear, and with the amount of people killing them a ton of cash is being generated. While something like thieving (which is supposed to be generating cash) gets nowhere close to that number.

There's also the fact that dragon items are more attractive to alch than to sell. I remember selling my dragon weapons/armour in scape, I do think I'm not the only one that misses them having an actual value.

So what should we do?
  • Less alchable items and more variety among them, quite a few monsters have the full sets of a metal armour in their droptable
  • This isn't gonna be liked, but more junk. There is quite a lack of bad drops in a lot of places. Lower level darts/javelins/knives, barb bolt tips, runes, black & mithril drops could all be proper bad drops.
  • Decrease the max amount of coins per drop. A blue dragon would still be fine with 11k max instead of 22k.
  • Flat out remove a lot of dragon items from droptables. A single monster should not drop more than 2-3 of them.
Once again, feedback is appreciated.
;
The following users liked this post: Eddie1408, Bad Fight

Mary

Re: Balancing droptables
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:01:54 pm »
dragon droptable is literally copied for all dragons as you might have noticed, and is thus not updated for one of the weakest and most accessable of the dragons

but yeah drops do need updating. Arguably dragons, black demons, several other slayer mobs, teletabs, onyx drops and several more

also move to feedback plox

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:12:22 pm »
drops rates need to get nerfed asap.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:17:38 pm »
Oh, our monthly "do something about drops" thread :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Joshiee, Tomtim1, Triangle Dot

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 12:57:03 pm »
I don't see a problem with so many alchable items dropping. Despite the fact that a shit ton of cash enters the game, items are still cheap as fuck and slow/hard to sell. In my opinion there is much larger oversupply in items than in cash.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Tomtim1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »
I don't see a problem with so many alchable items dropping. Despite the fact that a shit ton of cash enters the game, items are still cheap as fuck and slow/hard to sell. In my opinion there is much larger oversupply in items than in cash.
I have no idea but staff doesn't seem to care one bit, if anything they make items even easier to get (higher tier items)

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »
Finally, somebody brought this up. Yes, indeed chromatic dragons droptables deserve a nerf, right now, you can afk there at blue dragons, and getting 5 - 10M just from alchs isn't hard. About their value, well, it is losing already, seeing d scimitar is like 60 - 70k from 100k now.
P.S. if drop tables were touched, mind telling me why on earth Abbysal Demons drop obsidian items and not Tzhaar creatures?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:17:46 pm »
You do have a point. Reworking droptables would take care of this as well though.
;

Mary

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 03:34:52 pm »

P.S. if drop tables were touched, mind telling me why on earth Abbysal Demons drop obsidian items and not Tzhaar creatures?
i wanted to move those items but i left before i finished all the new obsidian content

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:24 am »
You do have a point. Reworking droptables would take care of this as well though.

Also looking at the number of lvl 120+ player running around in full dragon really doesn't imply that making money is too easy for them. The only drops that I think need a look at are onyxes, d boots and barrow gloves. They're way too common.

Some drop tables of high-level monsters should also be cleared from all the shit they have in them, like barb bolt tips,  pearl and opal bolts (kq) etc.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 10:25:34 am »
The only drops that I think need a look at are onyxes, d boots and barrow gloves. They're way too common.
You wouldn't like dragon items to be removed from alch status?

Also looking at the number of lvl 120+ player running around in full dragon really doesn't imply that making money is too easy for them.
These are most likely stakers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:33:11 am by Charr »
;

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 05:12:36 pm »
I think this would be a complete improvement, and I also think this is needed.
The only thing I'm worried about is that it might need an economy reset. Sinks couldn't handle such a huge amount of items to be sinked without annoying people.

What do you think about it?
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 06:49:30 pm »
Sinks couldn't handle such a huge amount of items to be sinked without annoying people.
This topic isn't about sinks at all. It's about reworking droptables.
;

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 06:52:04 pm »
Sinks couldn't handle such a huge amount of items to be sinked without annoying people.
This topic isn't about sinks at all. It's about reworking droptables.

I mean that after adjusting droptables an adjustment to game's economy might be needed.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 08:50:27 am »
The only drops that I think need a look at are onyxes, d boots and barrow gloves. They're way too common.
You wouldn't like dragon items to be removed from alch status?

The drops have been in this game for years. IMO it's way too late to change that. Instead of nerfing the drop tables of dragons, make the drop tables of harder monsters better.

Boss drop tables apart from the rare drops are absolute fucking garbage. Same with smoke dungeon and relleka slayer dungeon monsters. It's about goddamn time you guys should learn that making something worse will just increase the amount of complaining.
Pages: 1 2