The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Balance out 3rd age drops.
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:30:47 am »
Ok,

So I've spent quite a while trying out the new Rev dungeon ( Love it <3 ) .

But what I've noticed is that the drop rates are fairly high ( People have got 2 or more 3rd age pieces in a trip, and fairly commonly )

However the drop rates are fine when there PVP activity in the dungeon in my opinion, it's mainly just when it's empty.

So my suggestion to make it harder to obtain 3rd age armor. By increasing the accuracy of the Revenants or by adding the feature when they heal themselves. This would cause players to either do shorter trips or most likely buff the armor they take to the dungeon. If people are taking higher level armor then this would increase PK activity.

Thus overall 3rd age drops would decrease slightly , and Pker's, I assume would be more tempted to PK in the dungeon.

Tell me what you think, it's just an idea.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:28:28 am by Ahrim Ghost »
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Online C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Balance out 3rd age drops.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:30:42 am »
I think its alright at the moment.. The cave was empty because most of the people were sleeping .. Or havent read the forums.

Thats what i think ^ :p

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:07:26 am »
I agree the droprate is way to high at the moment, all the items are pretty much crashing.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Greip

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
  • Waddup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:56:35 am »
I dont find it a high droprate. I killed like 100+ and got 1 piece.
Waddup

Pm ingame for checks and muney

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:05:17 pm »
Agreeeeee!! 3rd age is just going downhill with sucks, considering I love 3a Mage and range. But it's just a matter of time before the sets are like 10m each and give as much bonus as infinity and black d hide
Ex-Mod

#quit

Mary

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »
The current droprates are 0.6% for 6 different parts on weak npcs (0.1% per part), 1.2% for 12 different parts on medium npcs (0.1% per part) and 2.4% for 12 different parts on hard npcs (0.2% per part)

The only way to make them harder to obtain is to increase the strength of the revenants, but it's hard to balance it out because as soon as they start hitting 30s it'll be easy for pkers to rush revenant pvmers. Risking more armour will result in easier killing of revenants though, indirectly rewarding you.

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 12:50:35 pm »

The only way to make them harder to obtain is to increase the strength of the revenants, but it's hard to balance it out because as soon as they start hitting 30s it'll be easy for pkers to rush revenant pvmers. Risking more armour will result in easier killing of revenants though, indirectly rewarding you.

Well what about adding the ability where they heal themselves? It'll just take longer to kill them and not impact on Pkers ability to combo you while you pvm them.
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Zack

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »
Third-age use to be very common in the older times of emps-scape, it's just that when the avatars were made impossible to kill without bugging, it became less popular to kill them.

Now that they're gone, people actually will go for getting the armour.
It shouldn't be worth billions or outrageous prices because it's an armour type that is great to use for pvm especially if were being more pvm oriented around the game now, with major exception of the god wars dungeon being added.

Mary

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:53 pm »

Well what about adding the ability where they heal themselves? It'll just take longer to kill them and not impact on Pkers ability to combo you while you pvm them.
We thought about that and it might be implemented.

Also, the rev dungeon is now very popular because it is new right now. Soon it'll die out more and the prices will go up a bit again.

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 06:10:36 pm »
Drops need to be nerfed. Cuz 3rd range set price downed 10-20 m in one day
Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »
I agree that something must be done.  Third-Age is the best armour in game; it is meant to be expensive.

Third-Age items (from revs) have the same drop rate as a visages (from dragons) -- unless the visage drop rate has changed.

• Dragons are being buffed again.
  • Draconic visages have a 0.1% drop rate on dragons now!
  • Dragon's firebreaths fixed (always wear an anti-dragon shield! hehe)

From my experience, Revnants are not much more difficult than Dragons.  I'm sure that, if one were to make a comparison, Revnants would be very similar to Dragons in difficulty (ALL things considered).

A visage is worth 2mil (gradually rising, might be 3mil in a few weeks).  Third age seems to be on-pace to similar numbers.  Players struggle to sell a Third-Mage Top for 10-15mil right now.  This suggests that the current prices of all Third-Age items are <15mil and still declining.  Items like coifs, hats, helms, and shields must be down to 2mil.

As Mary said, we were already thinking about making Revnants heal.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:28 pm »
PLEASE Have them heal <3
Would make them soooo much more fun and difficult lol

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
inb4 reverse prices for 3rd age vs bandos compared to old emps.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
Pages: 1