The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Armour rework
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:53:02 am »
Hello, so I've noticed that the armour in here is a little bit too strong in defensive situations when it doesn't quite make sense (The adverts for this server used to say that this server had a combat triangle). How can a heavy armour have decent defence against magic? Or how can robes tank bolts and arrows easily? My suggestion would be to decrease the defence of your armours against the weakness to 20% of the defence vs your own combat style (I.E. Torag's body has a +91 defensive bonus against melee, but +73 against magic (currently). 20% of 91 is +18, so the magic defence would be +18). This would discourage people from AFKing certain bosses, and also it would encourage people to stop just camping one prayer over and over again, also using some ranged armour pieces if you're using melee against a boss that uses magic attacks, or just a regular monster in general.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Jp, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Armour rework
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 12:00:33 pm »
Wouldn't mind the more pronounced weaknesses. I don't think it'll have all that much of an effect outside of PvP though.
;

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
Wouldn't mind the more pronounced weaknesses. I don't think it'll have all that much of an effect outside of PvP though.

Imagine fighting against Zamorak GWD boss. He attacks with magic and melee, plus he has a minion that attacks with magic. If you took melee armour only, you'd run out of supplies faster because of how many times you're going to get hit by the magic attack, so to stay longer for longer time, you'd have to sacrifice some attack bonuses.

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »
Thanks for this topic. I've been thinking of an armour rework for quite a while. I would suggest that we lower weakness bonuses by 50%. I've added a screenshot of how the change would look like. Thoughts?

This won't have any impact on damage soaking, but offers a real weakness in PvP situations. This would also impact fights where monsters use multiple combat styles.
The following users liked this post: Jp, Charr, Di Dot, Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 12:11:26 am »
Thanks for this topic. I've been thinking of an armour rework for quite a while. I would suggest that we lower weakness bonuses by 50%. I've added a screenshot of how the change would look like. Thoughts?

https://emps-world.net/img/updates_no_preview/item_bonuses_idea.jpg

This won't have any impact on damage soaking, but offers a real weakness in PvP situations. This would also impact fights where monsters use multiple combat styles.
Looks good. Soaking being unaffected is how I'd want it, tank gear should still be tanky. You gear up like a pleb though 2/10.
;
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1