The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ancient armour reworking
« on: January 14, 2018, 01:36:48 pm »
Let's begin with the explanation. This idea came to my mind after farming some spectrals and testing ancient armour capabilities and not to mention reading Drugs feedback on the monster.

As you may know ancient armours are not considered to be top tier items anymore since Nex is out. But charging these items still makes them harder to use while bossing and doing slayer, because usually you are attacked by multiple targets. Some time ago 1 ancient energy gave you 1 charge, but it was changed to 2 energies for 1 charge for non corrupt item. I bieleve it was changed  due spectrals being really popular and ancient energy was high in demand. But that's not the case right now. Charging these items before any trip makes them completly useless and not worth to use anywhere.

So my suggestion is:

Add ancient energy to the spectrals drop table
Change corrupt items ancient energy value from 1000 to 3000 as it used to be
Change charging cost for non corrupt items to 1 ancient energy per charge.

Feel free to write feedback.

Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient armour reworking
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »
The charges were changed because they're not even supposed to be used in PvM. They're still completely viable for PvP if you have the cash but a lot of players aren't ready to risk that. They'd be in an ideal spot if the drops were made more common so they would be a little bit cheaper and they remained PvP only to not make Bandos, Armadyl and Battle robes completely useless in PvM.

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:53 pm »
The charges were changed because they're not even supposed to be used in PvM. They're still completely viable for PvP if you have the cash but a lot of players aren't ready to risk that. They'd be in an ideal spot if the drops were made more common so they would be a little bit cheaper and they remained PvP only to not make Bandos, Armadyl and Battle robes completely useless in PvM.
I bieleve making drops more common is not the case right here. Ancient items are already easy to get (1:42 Drop rate). The problem Is players are scared to kill Spectrals in deep wildy that's what makes these items so rare in the market. 95% of the time I'm the only one killing these.
Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:06:38 pm »
I bieleve making drops more common is not the case right here. Ancient items are already easy to get (1:42 Drop rate). The problem Is players are scared to kill Spectrals in deep wildy that's what makes these items so rare in the market. 95% of the time I'm the only one killing these.

>items are easy to get
>people aren't ready to risk 2m guthan set to receive supposedly easy to acquire and expensive item drops

Your argument contradicts itself. You're literally the only person in the game who thinks the drops are easy to acquire. 1/42 ratio is only relevant if you give a shit about the Corrupted items, which nobody does. 1/125 (4x 0.2%) is the number we should be looking at when talking about the mage spectral and 3/500 (3x 0.2%) when talking about the rest of them, because they have 4 and 3 desirable drops respectively. That suddenly becomes quite fucking rare, doesn't it? That's average of 10 slayer task just to receive 3-4 items. Not only that, they're nowhere near as easy to kill as in the past before the changes and there's still the risk of being killed by a PKer. I'd rather go try my luck at Nex or Har'Lakk at that point, with absolutely no risk involved, and with a better income of money from the regular drops alone. Spectrals are an absolute no-no to pures as it is as well, because of the lack of a safespot. Alt pure accounts were one of the more common ways of killing them in the past.

Making the drops more common would not only make the items cheaper and thus actually make them worth using in the Wilderness, but it would also make more people kill spectrals and thus increase the supply of energy fodder corrupted items along with the actual Ancient items in the game. I do think that the base number of charges on the items should be doubled to increase the time a player can use the items between recharges, but the energy should continue to give 0.5 charges each to keep the demand higher.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Bluesunrunne

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:59 pm »
I think Spectrals should be weaker than they are now while maintaining the same drop rate of ancient armour since that isn't that big of a problem. It's the Spectrals' high stats that make them a pain in the ass to kill.
Reducing their defence slightly and maybe the addition of a safe spot (while letting them hit through prayer) should bring more ancient armour to the game.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 06:18:23 pm »
I've already reworked the system and can confirm changes to the system! Thanks a lot for bringing this up again. :)
The following users liked this post: 123456789xd, Bluesunrunne
Pages: 1