The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
An idea that will reduce the amount of hacking.
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:03:27 pm »
I think we need a thing that im going to explain right now

As you all beautiful people know, hacking is an common thing in emps-world...So i think that Devs should add a command to set a code for you such as ::setcode 12345
What would you do with this code, Very well, this code will be used in one thing. As me a player i login from this IP, and as i log into another IP such as my cousin's house, a cafe etc etc. a pop-up will come to you in-game tells you, that this is the first time you login using this IP and you have to enter the code that you have set before in your own PC at home such as

You're logging in with this IP for the first time
Your not allowed to do anything until you enter the code that has been created by you previously(also not allowed to use commands, nor talk)
Type the command with the correct code you have created (::code XXXXX)

Also you can login from your account in the website, and a button where you see all your accounts with the IP, you can set this pc as your MAIN PC, so it will never ask you to type that code again, but it will in different places with different IP

So tell me people, what you think about this idea

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:08:33 pm by Ashootsh »

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Big Boy

• Liked: 82 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perm banned without valid proof. Kek.
    • View Profile
Re: An idea that will reduce the amount of hacking.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »
That will be an extra security if it ever come, but I think bank pin is enough to keep our items safe.

The past is just the past, life moves on.

Offline Knight Night

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • What are you looking at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:19:03 pm »
Well I think that registering your e-mail to your Emps-World account more then enough, As you have many security ways to get back your E-mail in case you got hacked for example, You can set your phone number to your e-mail in case you got hacked,
However how could you get hacked if you didn't give one of your passwords away? The first one is your account password
and the second is your e-mail password

I never got hacked before and i didn't gave any of my password before, Thats why i didn't get hacked before, So i'd suggest the same thing for everyone, Just don't give any of your password away or don't type it, if you think that someone watching you, and probably trying to steal it.

I know it's not the main reason, It's a good idea, but i think it's unnecessary     
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:23:40 pm by Knight Night »

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:20:08 pm »
Afaik hacking won't be a problem as long as you keep your login details safe.

This would be a nice lil security but I don't really think it is necessary.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 09:27:46 pm »
hacking is an common thing in emps-world...

I would say that idiocy is a common thing in Emps. I doubt that there is any 'real' hacking going on, instead people are stupid and give their login details away.

Mary

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:39:02 pm »
Aka a coinlock.

Nice idea but problem is the ppl that actually get hacked and do lose items because of it didn't bother to take a bankpin/registered email so they won't bother getting this code either...

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:40:59 pm »
Well I think that registering your e-mail to your Emps-World account more then enough, As you have many security ways to get back your E-mail in case you got hacked for example, You can set your phone number to your e-mail in case you got hacked,
However how could you get hacked if you didn't give one of your passwords away? The first one is your account password
and the second is your e-mail password

I never got hacked before and i didn't gave any of my password before, Thats why i didn't get hacked before, So i'd suggest the same thing for everyone, Just don't give any of your password away or don't type it, if you think that someone watching you, and probably trying to steal it.

I know it's not the main reason, It's a good idea, but i think it's unnecessary   
Your right, but for the newcomers as many other people who don't know how to set a bank pin, can use this code instead if they dont know how to set a bank pin

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »
So basically a second password. If people are reckless enough with their first, why do you think a second would help. Simple solution: Keep your login details safe, and don't pick retardedly easy passwords.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 10:19:51 pm »
So basically a second password. If people are reckless enough with their first, why do you think a second would help. Simple solution: Keep your login details safe, and don't pick retardedly easy passwords.

I bet 90% of the Arabs have 'ks amk' as their password :kappa:

Mary

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »
I had a guy today that had 'booty' as his password. Needless to say his friend hacked him easily cause he knew he liked booty lmfao.

Offline Str Pvp14

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:12 pm »
This is a good idea, I like it though I doubt this will be much used among those who doesn't read the messages that comes up in the chatbox. And it is the same group that spams the item recovery section, I'm sure of it.

I had a guy today that had 'booty' as his password. Needless to say his friend hacked him easily cause he knew he liked booty lmfao.
Rofl, sounds just like my best friend

Your right, but for the newcomers as many other people who don't know how to set a bank pin, can use this code instead if they dont know how to set a bank pin
It is easy to figure out how to set a bank pin when it comes up every time in the bank interface.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 12:52:08 am »
It's a wonderful idea but...

[M]Vaughn652345231: Hi, i see u has iteam in ur acc scammed. i need ur IP code and pas pls to check if iteam is ok for using.

*User gets scared.*
*User gives pass and code.*
*User cries because they've been hacked.*

This will still occur and stupid players will still be the victims of this offence.
Pages: 1