The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline For Freedom

• Liked: 78 times
  • +0/-0
  • Cheese will never be free, only in trap for rats.
    • View Profile
Amm new places
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:03:14 pm »
Why many places in Emps-World is closed? Me and pk R4nge98 wondering, that it could help Emps-World to grow up, I have been EVERYWHERE where it just possible on Emps-World, and when iam bored, I like to walk around the map, but there's no new places, its getting borring, I think, that new places could help: I show it to friend, friend likes it, shows to his friend, his friend, shows for other 2 friends, who also was bored at Emps-World, and decides to chill a bit longer in this server, after couple days of new explorers they maybe change their minds and stay at this game. I really would LOVE to see new places, please, stairs, doors, gates, dungeons, even if they are bugged, it's still satisfying, thats emotions...
So in the end, Question: Why like 1/2 Emps-World placed closed. Will you open them?

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Amm new places
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:54 pm »
With the current situation and player base, this is a really bad idea,
eventho it seems like a way to attract new players
however once a new player join a game, he would like to have the feeling of people around him
which gives a possible hope on staying around, as if you try to check servers online out and join one random server and find only 4 players around you or less you'll logout and never try it again.

Spreading our current player base into this huge map is a risky move and should never be done.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Try Again Fo, S Clegane

Offline For Freedom

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:31:51 pm »
With the current situation and player base, this is a really bad idea,
eventho it seems like a way to attract new players
however once a new player join a game, he would like to have the feeling of people around him
which gives a possible hope on staying around, as if you try to check servers online out and join one random server and find only 4 players around you or less you'll logout and never try it again.

Spreading our current player base into this huge map is a risky move and should never be done.
well then maybe new places needs a level request? Like, only 126 combat can enter or something like that, also can be att lwl req, str, def, prayer, hp and ect, what you think?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 05:40:10 pm »
Opening up areas without content is a waste of development time. It may be fun to look around once or twice, but that only applies to a few people and really doesn't do much. Emps is not an open world game. How many times do you find yourself around Ardougne? What about Rellekka? Locations that don't have enough content are already pretty much deserted. New areas have to have a purpose in order to be worth developing, but why open up new areas if there are already plenty of existing areas that could use content as well?

well then maybe new places needs a level request? Like, only 126 combat can enter or something like that, also can be att lwl req, str, def, prayer, hp and ect, what you think?
We wouldn't benefit from splitting up the community all that much or at all. Even if we were to make something like a max guild it wouldn't occupy a huge amount of space and you'd ultimately not feel that sense of exploration within a day or two.
;

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 05:49:17 pm »
It may be a surprise to you, but opening areas and configuring their objects (stairs, doors, etc.) is actually quite a lot of work. I have to visit every object and configure it manually. I can tell the game that this door opens that way and it'll register it for the world. I still have to go there and collect the ids, configure and test them once though.

If there's a great idea for a new area with some content, then please feel free to suggest it. However, I don't like the idea of splitting up the community even more by creating areas for higher and lower levels. Afterall you want to come across other players in the game.
The following users liked this post: For Freedom

Offline For Freedom

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:56:03 pm »
Thanks for opening answers to my questions, thanks for replies, I get it. Btw I wisit relleka very often, even my house of construction has relleka style. But yes, I agree what you are all saying, thats correct. I were just wanted to visit new places, but didint realise it needs lots of work, ideas. Thanks once again for ur side of view forbmy idea.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:17:55 pm »
It may be a surprise to you, but opening areas and configuring their objects (stairs, doors, etc.) is actually quite a lot of work. I have to visit every object and configure it manually. I can tell the game that this door opens that way and it'll register it for the world. I still have to go there and collect the ids, configure and test them once though.

If there's a great idea for a new area with some content, then please feel free to suggest it. However, I don't like the idea of splitting up the community even more by creating areas for higher and lower levels. Afterall you want to come across other players in the game.
There was Ape Atoll suggestion I think by Triangle Dot. This might just do the trick it got positive feedback as well. https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16830.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:38:07 pm by Wg »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 01:36:30 pm »
I feel like Shilo Village could be finished next as it's already started. There's a banker, few fishing spots and a furnace.
That place could be made members only by changing the teleport spells to members only and there could be some NPC at Karamja who takes you to Shilo Village for a small gp fee for those who do not have the magic level for the teleport(s).

Shilo Village could be some kind of "skilling village". There could be a fishing spot for fury sharks. They would require high fishing level maybe something like 95? You catch them slowly but they give a lot of xp and are also the best healing food in the game. They also could be buffed to heal 26 instead of 25 and they could also over heal you a bit. Maybe to 104? Because they're fishable by only members they might be expensive in the market but since they'd be good after a small buff I'm sure there will be market for them.

There are gem rocks but they can't be mined at the moment. There's also a dungeon entrance at the gem rocks which can be made into a skilling dungeon. There could coal ores, addy ores and rune ores.
Some other skilling releated stuff could also be added into that dungeon. Prismatic altar for runecrafting etc... Perhaps a new thieving npc that has very high fail rate but also grants a lot of xp?
Few flax spots? White berry bush? Cooking range/infinite fire?

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:06:11 am »
I feel like Shilo Village could be finished next as it's already started. There's a banker, few fishing spots and a furnace.
That place could be made members only by changing the teleport spells to members only and there could be some NPC at Karamja who takes you to Shilo Village for a small gp fee for those who do not have the magic level for the teleport(s).

Shilo Village could be some kind of "skilling village". There could be a fishing spot for fury sharks. They would require high fishing level maybe something like 95? You catch them slowly but they give a lot of xp and are also the best healing food in the game. They also could be buffed to heal 26 instead of 25 and they could also over heal you a bit. Maybe to 104? Because they're fishable by only members they might be expensive in the market but since they'd be good after a small buff I'm sure there will be market for them.

There are gem rocks but they can't be mined at the moment. There's also a dungeon entrance at the gem rocks which can be made into a skilling dungeon. There could coal ores, addy ores and rune ores.
Some other skilling releated stuff could also be added into that dungeon. Prismatic altar for runecrafting etc... Perhaps a new thieving npc that has very high fail rate but also grants a lot of xp?
Few flax spots? White berry bush? Cooking range/infinite fire?
Sounds like christmas for someone who hates to run around the map looking for skilling places

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017
Pages: 1