The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Iron F

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
achievements
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:32:35 pm »
Hey there.
So  I  recently thought of an idea that emps-world could have, and this would be a very nice attachment to this game that we all love .

ACHIEVEMENTS
there's currently nothing to go for after achieving the max cape unless you're just trying to boss for money making or something else.
but if we added achievements that would be quite cool. For completing achievements in-game we could either :
A) Get in-game items such as for killing 1000 general graardor you would receive a random item from the rare drop table of the general ( bandos tassets, bandos chesplate, bandos helmet etc. )
B) Get some experience in a specific skill or get a 2x experience scroll what would not be tradable
C) Some sort of a new mystery box that would give you all kinds of items.
D) event points.
Some of you might think that receiving items for killing bosses for a few hundred or thousand of kills would ruin the economy. I doubt that. Many people won't even get such a high amount of bosses killed . Only those dedicated players would be guaranteed to receive drops even if you're very unlucky.
Achievements shouldn't only consist of pvm'ing , there should be some achievements for skilling and maybe even pking? definetely not staking haha.
Let me know what you think .

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: achievements
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:58:33 pm »
This requires some kind of tracking system for things that aren't monster kills, that'd be something Thomy has to create from scratch. Which would take some amount of development time. One time content that doesn't take a considerable amount of time to get through might not be worth that time.

there's currently nothing to go for after achieving the max cape unless you're just trying to boss for money making or something else.
200m exp capes, the highscores and pking called, they said they disagreed.

Some of you might think that receiving items for killing bosses for a few hundred or thousand of kills would ruin the economy. I doubt that. Many people won't even get such a high amount of bosses killed.
It won't ruin it, but it will most definitely affect it since there would be more of them coming into the game. I would be against putting rare drops in it.
;

Offline Iron F

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:08:43 pm »
Which would take some amount of development time.
He might be able to work on this after releasing the construction skill, if this seems like a good idea.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:01:23 pm »
that is an amazing idea, loved it.
the only problem ino is that we have clue scrolls now and they act as an achievement for players to kill monsters. (the stronger monster the better clue)
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Iron F

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »
that is an amazing idea, loved it.
the only problem ino is that we have clue scrolls now and they act as an achievement for players to kill monsters. (the stronger monster the better clue)
I see clue scrolls as being a bonus to the original drop table, couldn't say it is an achievement but i agree with you.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 07:56:25 am »
As much as it pains me to say this, yes after maxing out, going for that 250M exp isn't so exciting, just tedious process of getting more exp on specific skill. While I occasionally like this sort of suggestion. I disagree. Challenges and achieving them could be set by yourself. First, get maxed, try playing with maxed account, I bet you won't even found anything fun apart from slayer maybe then say something Maxed players doesn't have.
P.S. In summer I will probably start doing Kill Count series of my own choosing of monsters in Emps-World. You could choose Clue Loot Series or something like mine.

Offline Iron F

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:05 am »
As much as it pains me to say this, yes after maxing out, going for that 250M exp isn't so exciting, just tedious process of getting more exp on specific skill. While I occasionally like this sort of suggestion. I disagree. Challenges and achieving them could be set by yourself. First, get maxed, try playing with maxed account, I bet you won't even found anything fun apart from slayer maybe then say something Maxed players doesn't have.
P.S. In summer I will probably start doing Kill Count series of my own choosing of monsters in Emps-World. You could choose Clue Loot Series or something like mine.
yes , you could set achievements by yourself , but you won't get rewarded for that , unless you count making yourself happy or something .

Offline Gajeel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:46 pm »
I fully agree with the idea, to be exact i would like to have some sort of bossing max cape perhaps sold by thomy that is equipable only after managing to get a 500-1,000 kills on certain boss, and we can have some cool combination capes such as a gwd cape for killing each boss 1,000 kills or more.
As for the development time, the only part that would actually consume time would be designing the capes.
Also it doesn't need to be a cape, shields may be a better option for this, or we can even make a different item slot for each boss, which would be nice.

Offline Iron F

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:57:38 pm »
I fully agree with the idea, to be exact i would like to have some sort of bossing max cape perhaps sold by thomy that is equipable only after managing to get a 500-1,000 kills on certain boss, and we can have some cool combination capes such as a gwd cape for killing each boss 1,000 kills or more.
As for the development time, the only part that would actually consume time would be designing the capes.
Also it doesn't need to be a cape, shields may be a better option for this, or we can even make a different item slot for each boss, which would be nice.
this kind of sounds like the boss tittle from runescape 3

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 05:24:18 pm »
I would personally love achievements, but as Charr mentioned we need a tracking system. This has been thought of before and Thomy has clearly said that if he ever creates something like this, it will be a general tracking system, which could be used for countless of things. There's no point creating separate system for only one feature.

The last time I mentioned this, I used Achievement diary reference, but this was rejected fairly quickly (one time content; emps doesn't have such random things to do). This kind of applies to this as well. Of course we could make the monster-slaying achievements repeatable, however this could mess up the rewards, atleast the ones I have in mind.

Here's what I think of your rewards:
  • Definitely no. I'm personally not concerned with the flow of items, since this isn't something that encourages people to achieve such goals. The items from the monster's droptable shouldn't be used.
  • I'm against this as well. Double XP is now solely exclusive to EC shop. It's one of the most popular items from that, since it's the fastest way to get cash from there (also the most efficient in term of gains). Any alternative sources, will lower the demand.
  • This is a step in the right direction, however generally achievements can only be earned once, so it's hard to collect all the items if the boxes/items are even tradable. Also, if they would be tradable and the achievement can be earned once, this kind of encourages having multiple accounts (certain achievement farming), which is not something I'd want.
  • Not a bad choice, however the rewards in EP shop aren't that wanted, so many people would find this reward underwhelming.
My suggestions:
  • Instead of an item from the monster's droptable and/or a new mystery box, there's a certain unique drop (1 item per boss/monster, 100% drop chance upon completion). This could be pretty much anything: a cosmetic item, pet etc.
  • Titles: this would probably be the best solution to this. I've been against it before, but it suits this perfectly.
  • We could also make them give out Achievement points (from here on AP), which could be used at AP shop. The shop would have various cosmetics etc (some items could have AP + achievement requirement; for example General Graardor pet (miniature version) should have kill Graardor X times achievement requirement). This could make the repeatable pvm achievements a thing.
These PvM achievements and unique rewards would promote mass pvming though, which increases the item flow. Considering our current market, this might not be a good thing.

Saif Nawaf, getting clue scrolls a drop has nothing to do with achievements. They're way too common and easy to get to be to be considered as such. I see them as alternative gameplay - it's basically a mini-game, if you think about it.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Iron F

Offline Iron F

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 05:46:06 pm »
Titles: this would probably be the best solution to this. I've been against it before, but it suits this perfectly.
Would love seeing this in the game, how hard would it be making this and is it possible ?
Pages: 1