The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
Account saving.
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:42:25 am »
I thought it would be useful to be able have a sort of "Remember me" option on the client. I will now explain it what it could consist.

I think it may have two options:

• "Remember me" checkbox - when check it remembers accounts username, so user has to type only the password. Which would be kinda temporary, until the user doesn't log with an another account.
  • Account save - An interface where you can add multiple accounts and save them for a quick log-in. It may include password saving too, so it remembers accounts log-in credentials (but it would be very useful without password too).

I think these both features would be really useful for people who use multiple accounts or have long log-in credentials, it would make it faster and more comfortable.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Account saving.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:21:22 pm »
Wouldn't mind the client remembering the username, but it's not really needed. Developers have more important stuff to do.
No to password saving for obvious reasons.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »
Completely new interface where all your registered accounts would appear with their latest ingame outfits and you could pick the one you want to log in? Sounds amazing! But I'm sure it would take hours and hours of coding <- if it's even possible as i know nothing about it.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »
Completely new interface where all your registered accounts would appear with their latest ingame outfits and you could pick the one you want to log in? Sounds amazing! But I'm sure it would take hours and hours of coding <- if it's even possible as i know nothing about it.

it is possible for sure, anyways it's not what I mean. When you clickc "Existing user" you could chose one of usernames that the client remembers.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 03:41:40 pm »

it is possible for sure, anyways it's not what I mean. When you clickc "Existing user" you could chose one of usernames that the client remembers.
That just sounds too easy and simple thing to do yourself(remember your account names) and doesn't really have that good effect on the game imo.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »
Account save sounds nice and convenient and as someone that uses multiple accounts frequently, I would definitely enjoy this feature. However the amount of people that are gonna get their ass hacked because of the feature is too damn high for it to be worth developing. So, no thanks.

Remembering a username doesn't sound like something that could cause too much trouble, so that'd be nice.
;

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »
Account save sounds nice and convenient and as someone that uses multiple accounts frequently, I would definitely enjoy this feature. However the amount of people that are gonna get their ass hacked because of the feature is too damn high for it to be worth developing. So, no thanks.

Remembering a username doesn't sound like something that could cause too much trouble, so that'd be nice.

It shouldn't be auto-remember, just if user decides saving his account on that PC it remains there, and most people surely would do this thing only at home on their own PC. If it would be implemented and used this way I don't why people could be hacked.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 04:51:15 pm »
It shouldn't be auto-remember, just if user decides saving his account on that PC it remains there, and most people surely would do this thing only at home on their own PC. If it would be implemented and used this way I don't why people could be hacked.
Step 1: Know someone that plays emps irl and has their acc saved like this
Step 2: Visit their house
Step 3: Wait for a moment where he's not gonna look at his computer for a few minutes
Step 4: Break into his account without the need for any password at all

This might not apply to most of us, but we'll definitely have people that get hacked like this if this kind of thing were implemented.
;

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »
Step 1: Know someone that plays emps irl and has their acc saved like this
Step 2: Visit their house
Step 3: Wait for a moment where he's not gonna look at his computer for a few minutes
Step 4: Break into his account without the need for any password at all

This might not apply to most of us, but we'll definitely have people that get hacked like this if this kind of thing were implemented.

It's far from reality I'd say, people use password on their PCs lol.
To reduce risk, conditions to change the password may be something like inserting current password.

Or just simply save accounts without saving passwords, or give an option to save password or not, so people take it on their own.
Pages: 1