The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Account name change
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:32:32 am »
The title says it all, but why I would like to see it? Because when I made my account I was little kid and I would like to change it now, I don't know is it hard to program and how it works with highscore and stuff. This abilty would be like in once for 6 months so to avoid spam. It's just a idea: Agree/disagree.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Account name change
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:04:46 am »
Someone has already suggested it,

http://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=428.0

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:56:18 am »
Well, as Blake has mentioned that It was suggested before but We'll discuss a few things about it right now.
According to what you've posted, Changing an username can be dealt by a High Administrator in the helpdesk.
I don't think that it is possible to change your account username whenever you manage to, in my opinion, it demands a serious reason too.
I'd agree for some reasons only.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Mary

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »
It is impossible due to the server recognizing your account with your username, it can't link it to another name. Runescape could only enable this system because they replaced the account username to logging in by email.

The only way to 'change' your username currently is by asking an high admin to transfer your stats and your items to the account with the name you want. (i had it 5 years ago)
Most admins will deny though, because it takes a lot of time. Unless you've got a good reason or an admin owes you something you have a chance I guess.

Martin

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 01:46:35 pm »
This will very likely come in the FUTURE stop suggesting please.

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »
I support this idea, because I really want to change my username.
It is impossible due to the server recognizing your account with your username, it can't link it to another name. Runescape could only enable this system because they replaced the account username to logging in by email.

The only way to 'change' your username currently is by asking an high admin to transfer your stats and your items to the account with the name you want. (i had it 5 years ago)
Most admins will deny though, because it takes a lot of time. Unless you've got a good reason or an admin owes you something you have a chance I guess.
I've requested to change my username in the helpdesk a week ago and got denied :-\
You should have a strong relation with the high admin.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015
Pages: 1