The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Vindicate

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
  • I dont even know anymore :>
    • View Profile
About that 'big' red thing we call JAD
« on: June 21, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
Playing the JAD minigame with preset spawn positions is... uh... challenging?
The minigame is 30 rounds of boredom, and then 30 rounds of protect mage afking in italy. I decide to toggle the protect from mage to make sure i dont fall asleep halfway through. (yes i know that during those 7 rounds pre round 61 you need to lure the big fluffy monster). If you survived this challening task you get to JAD. Announcement is made and here he comes. first attack, stomps the ground, quick chance prayer to range.... oh wait let me first watch an episode of breaking bad before it actually connects, yeh nah that was a bummer.

suggestions:
Change JAD attackspeed (From 1 year to maybe just 3/4 sec?)
Change the pre-set spawns (If this is possible ofcourse, i did not build this game), make them atleast somewhat random so you have to figure out from the start of a round who you are going to lure so you dont tank both the mager and the ranger monster.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: About that 'big' red thing we call JAD
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:19:33 pm »
You can actually dodge the range attack by moving away from where it's going to land. It's a tad bit too slow I do agree but you gotta keep in mind Jad was released in 2005 and I don't think it's challenging for anyone 13 years later, doesn't matter what the game is, osrs or current runescape.
I think there was an option to vote for Fight Kiln in some content poll but that was only a poll and I don't think it got too much attention but if Fight Kiln ever gets released it'll be quite a challenge. Back when it was released in Runescape it was insanely hard and only a few people got it without too much practice.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:30:36 pm »
I will improve the timings of Jad's attacks. They are a little bit off indeed. Thanks!! I am not quite sure about randomizing spawn locations. Could create really difficult scenarios?

Offline Vindicate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:52:12 pm »
Maybe tweak the spawns of the Yt-Mej-Kot(big fluffer) and the Tok-Xil (range). Yt-Mej-Kot is the guy with which you can play to block the Tok-xil and ket-zets. This guy has the same spawn every round so you just do 1 thing all the rounds (the last 7 i was talking about). (I know this is a suggestion page but i do not have enough experience to tell you the exact spawns you need to tweek to make it a bit more interesting.)

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 03:53:12 pm »
Randomizing it always makes it interesting tbh. AfaIk it's also random in RuneScape?

Offline Vindicate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 06:35:52 pm »
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but what's the point of making Jad harder?

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:48:28 pm »
It's not making the minigame harder, but more convenient.
Pages: 1