The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A pking suggestion
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:12:39 am »
Low risking seems to not be all that popular among the people that currently pk. I've seen more than enough people get talked down to because they don't bring enough risk. That may have an effect on people that try to get into pking, as they're expected to bring a lot of risk immediately and that might turn them away. The relatively low amount of pkers takes a toll on the market; food and potions are sinked a lot less and drop in price because they don't have as much demand. Pking is by far the best supply sink we have and it should be encouraged a bit more.

With that I'm suggesting adding ancient artefacts as a possible drop when you kill someone. It would serve as a nice bit of extra cash for pkers. The cash generated by it wouldn't take a severe toll on the economy as we've just recently added a huge cash sink in the form of construction. It might actually help it since it's most likely gonna be spent on supplies.

These are the artefacts that are currently obtainable and dropped by revenants:

Now, 100k as the lowest value might be a bit high. Luckily there are artefacts which aren't obtainable from revenants that could solve this by offering a wider range of prices. I would like to see them added as follows:
  • Broken statue headdress - 10,000 gp
  • Third age carafe - 20,000 gp
  • Bronzed dragon claw - 25,000 gp
  • Ancient psaltery bridge - 30,000 gp
  • Saradomin amphora - 40,000 gp
  • Bandos scrimshaw - 50,000 gp
  • Saradomin carving - 75,000 gp
  • Armadyl totem - 2,000,000 gp
I'm well aware people are going to attempt to boost for these without actually pking, with that I'll list the conditions for actually obtaining them.
  • Both players have to be skulled for either one of them to obtain any artefacts
  • The artefact you get depends on your opponent's risk, if you risk a certain amount there will be a chance you'll get the artefact that you need to risk that amount for. You can still get artefacts you would need to risk less for.
    Risked value would be determined from items lost on death and the price checker. Only one artefact can be recieved per kill. These numbers are just an example, they are subject to change.
    • 0 - 99,999 gp risk - No artefacts
    • 100,000 - 124,999 gp risk -           
    • 125,000 - 199,999 gp risk -           
    • 200,000 - 249,999 gp risk -           
    • 250,000 - 299,999 gp risk -           
    • 300,000 - 399,999 gp risk -           
    • 400,000 - 499,999 gp risk -           
    • 500,000 - 599,999 gp risk -           
    • 600,000 - 699,999 gp risk -           
    • 700,000 - 799,999 gp risk -           
    • 800,000 - 899,999 gp risk -           
    • 900,000 - 999,999 gp risk -           
    • 1,000,000 - 1,999,999 gp risk -     
    • 2,000,000 - 3,499,999 gp risk -     
    • 3,500,000 - 6,999,999 gp risk -     
    • 7,000,000 - 9,999,999 gp risk -     
    • 10,000,000 - 19,999,999 gp risk -
    • 20,000,000 or higher gp risk -       
  • You can not recieve artefacts from killing someone on the same ip adress
  • You can not recieve artefacts from someone you've already gotten an artefact from within the last 5 minutes
  • There is a 10% chance you will actually get an artefact drop from a fight
  • The more the artefact is worth, the lower the droprate for it. You'll get the lower value artefacts more often than higher value ones.
This might not take out all the boosting, but it should slow it down quite effectively. If anyone has ideas for improvement I'd be glad to hear them.

I understand that some pkers might think that this is really not all that much in terms of value. It might not be much initially, but it really adds up to a large amount over time.
;
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A pking suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:22:38 am »
I don't see why would anyone be against this, since it's already a bonus, which we don't have.

This is also how we could implement a PK shop. Tokens would be dropped based on how much the opponent risked. Other requirements would still stand.

I'm not sure how the IP restriction would work. Might be hard to code, but if it's possible, the 1st and 2nd rule could be combined for a new rule as well (they should still standalone, this would just be an additional rule). You won't get a drop from someone you already killed on that IP (or even UUID).
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:44:00 am »
It's silly when people expect there to be 50 ppl in wilderness when there's barely 50 people online in total. There aren't 70k in the wilderness in osrs either, the number of PKers is a fraction of the total number of players online at the time. I personally cannot see this increasing the number of PKers in the slightest. In fact if we look back into RS2 times when all the extra BS got added into the wilderness, it died out.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 01:34:29 pm »
You can not recieve artefacts from killing someone on the same ip adress
Is that even possible?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »
;
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 02:02:11 pm »
Is that even possible?
Yes.

But is it practical? No. Welcome to the world of proxies and fake IPs

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:31:36 pm »
But is it practical? No. Welcome to the world of proxies and fake IPs
You would require another pc, but yes, it would still be possible to avoid that.
;

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:44:51 pm »
Pretty sure this system will heavily be abused and it'll generate tons of cash. I'd rather work on an ELO system for PvP than just rewarding people with cash for killing each other. You could unlock new rewards with higher ELOs. Open for ideas there.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:15 pm »
I'd rather work on an ELO system for PvP than just rewarding people with cash for killing each other. You could unlock new rewards with higher ELOs. Open for ideas there.
It would all depend on what the reward is. I wouldn't really know what to suggest in terms of reward otherwise. Supplies take away from skilling, gear takes away from PvM if it's better than gear obtainable by PvM, QoL things might be the solution, but that might not offer enough of a reward.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 03:50:28 pm »
Potions dropped because of farming, when you can make 200 potions per hour you can't really hope for prices to change. Mantas rays have been 4k each for as long as I've played.
Depends what you mean by low risk, when your risk is lower than your inventories worth of potions/mantas then obviously it's not feasible to pk.

There's loads and loads of reasons why pk community is shit, there's quite alot of pkers problem is they form clans based on demographics and rag everyone who doesn't join their clan. Then they can't fight 50% of total people because they're in the same team.

I really don't care about pk anymore since when you solo-pk any smaller update that benefits you can still be ruined my some cucks raging you because you don't want to join their clan.
But given that dharok pkers sink shitloads of cash I don't see why we can't give something back.

Kind of a rant so take it with a grain of :salt:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:10:54 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Charr, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »
I'd rather work on an ELO system for PvP than just rewarding people with cash for killing each other. You could unlock new rewards with higher ELOs. Open for ideas there.
It would all depend on what the reward is. I wouldn't really know what to suggest in terms of reward otherwise. Supplies take away from skilling, gear takes away from PvM if it's better than gear obtainable by PvM, QoL things might be the solution, but that might not offer enough of a reward.

The best kind of QoL would simply be to get rid of the saltiest of the c0nts in wilderness to make PKing more appealing for new people. Any other kind of QoL changes would simply give experienced PKers an even bigger advantage over the new people.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 05:03:27 pm »
Potions dropped because of farming, when you can make 200 potions per hour you can't really hope for prices to change. Mantas rays have been 4k each for as long as I've played.
Depends what you mean by low risk, when your risk is lower than your inventories worth of potions/mantas then obviously it's not feasible to pk.

There's loads and loads of reasons why pk community is shit, there's quite alot of pkers problem is they form clans based on demographics and rag everyone who doesn't join their clan. Then they can't fight 50% of total people because they're in the same team.

I really don't care about pk anymore since when you solo-pk any smaller update that benefits you can still be ruined my some cucks raging you because you don't want to join their clan.
But given that dharok pkers sink shitloads of cash I don't see why we can't give something back.

Kind of a rant so take it with a grain of :salt:
The truth was spoken. Karel is right, especially about clans and pk community being total shitty. As far as I recall, nowadays Estonians go against Arabs or Lithuanians. And if you're not on either side, you're my friend, in  both teams crossfire. This is same shit as with RoT and other clans of OSRS bullying players in numbers. To be honest, I prefer solo pking over team piling one or two players in multi. No verbal harm intended whatsoever but I just feel pity to fight while having advantage over other side you're fighting in terms of dps/gear/combat lvl and so on.

Now, On-topic, I must say Charr sorry I disagree. Not to criticize you on being worse than some players or something it's just if you don't pk at all then don't suggest things related to Pking. People who actually pk does know better all the issues and etc. Let them do this part. :)

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 05:54:21 pm »
Now, On-topic, I must say Charr sorry I disagree. Not to criticize you on being worse than some players or something it's just if you don't pk at all then don't suggest things related to Pking. People who actually pk does know better all the issues and etc. Let them do this part. :)
Completely disregarding someone's opinion or suggestion because they're not a pker is not something I would refer to as criticism. Drugs is literally the only pker in this thread. Given that the issue this suggestion intends to solve is one that comes up rather often when I'm talking to people that are complaining about pvp I'm quite sure I'm perfectly capable of adressing it. I would more than gladly have them make all the pking related suggestions, however pkers tend not to really want to have anything to do with the forum. So I went and wrote something instead.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 06:43:02 pm »
Completely disregarding someone's opinion or suggestion because they're not a pker is not something I would refer to as criticism. Drugs is literally the only pker in this thread. Given that the issue this suggestion intends to solve is one that comes up rather often when I'm talking to people that are complaining about pvp I'm quite sure I'm perfectly capable of adressing it. I would more than gladly have them make all the pking related suggestions, however pkers tend not to really want to have anything to do with the forum. So I went and wrote something instead.

All they cry about are nerfs and buffs tho. Let's ruin PKing to the extent they have to come to the forums to complain so we can have their opinion on the matter :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 08:31:48 pm »
Loved the idea Charr.

as I said b4 we can also other things that will help build the pking community, such as:-

1) PKing shop

2) Auto gear

3) Auto skulling system (attacking an NPC)

4) Removing skeleton from PvP level 1-4

5) And punish players who keep annoying and falming at the PvP

players started standing on opponent, spamming, and turn prayer on just to make u lose a fight or leave, so they fight with your opponent. I asked a staff member if I can report him he replied, "its not against the rules".

"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
Pages: 1 2