The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Try Again Fo

• Liked: 113 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A new mini-game!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 08:44:58 am »
Well that's nice that you spend alot of time to make this suggestion & stuff. I obviously love the mini-game... But i really don't like the rewards. Since Emps is already super easy game and this bone crusher and some kind of robes which gives even more bonus prayer xp... It would be just broken nah?
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Fawkes

• Liked: 36 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 11:56:33 am »
The minigame sounds awsome, but Chaotic weapons? Nah, wouldn't like them in-game.

Offline Ava

• Liked: 42 times
  • +0/-0
  • You < potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 12:35:22 pm »
I agree with new mini game ;)
~Emps-scape/world player since 2007 ~

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »
Sounds reasonable and fun! I can't promise you a release date, but I like the idea in general. :)
The following users liked this post: Eddie1408, Paps, Try Again Fo, Danielshapz, Ironmandommy

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »
- Bonecrusher: I was asking myself whether people would buy this item if it gave just 100% or not. I do think it should give abit more because they are forced to pvm to get more xp instead of buying the bones per 1 click. The charging part is a greatt addition. Adding 1000 chargers (=1000 bones) would make this item more valuable and the 125% more reasonable.
You have a point.

- weapons: As far as I have seen, more people like than dislike them. Having a bad reputation in a different game should be the smallest problem.. I mean claws had a high reputation and high hopes... Now you see where they have landed. Reputation is not a valid reason when you can change the power with some clicks. As for the item choice, I do think chaotics fit more in this current meta which is ruled by ranging (and magic).
Chaotic maul will just need a strength requirement which means more variety for pkers (e.g. obby mauler's and gmauler's return).
Chaotic rapier will abit stronger than regular whips and weaker than elemental whips, but more accurate and faster which means this item will be highly seeked by stakers.
Chaotic crossbow will be stronger than hunter's crossbow. It will be slower than a regular crossbow and 2 handed as well. To sum, a slow hard hitting truck.
Chaotic Staff: I am honestly unsure what effect to add to this staff. We got many different staffs with different effects. It should be 2 handed and have very high bonuses. Adding a way to keep runes by 50% might be an option but I am not so sure about that.
I'm not a very big fan of these weapons all being 2h. If these are all gonna be top-tier then that would devalue spirit shields and I wouldn't be able to use these at dragons efficiently. Just needing a strength requirement is a horribly bad idea for such a high tier weapon, obby maul would also be pushed to alching status. Also, where is the longsword at?

Dominion weapons would be a lot simpler. Just a lvl 75 sword, crossbow and staff. All 1-handed, all attacking at an expected speed. As far as effects go, the sword should gain some accuracy vs large monsters, the crossbow should have a higher %chance to proc bolt effects and the staff should have an effect similar to ahrim's set at the cost of conserving no runes at all. I just like these weapons so much compared to chaotics.

- Charges: I do not know if ancient energy is the right payment method. Giving them an option between cash and energy results in energy having a fixed price.
Small solution, random amounts. You would be kind of betting your zeal using energy, cash would give you a set in stone amount. Betting your zeal using energy could give you larger amounts, but lower too.

- ring of vigour: This ring will keep the stats of a ring of stone. The effect is totally useless at the moment. you can not use any additional special attack which kills the reason why this effect got added on the first hand.
On paper you're right. In practise you'll have 5 dds or vls specs with the weapon, since 10% spec restores by the time you use all 4 specs. It gives us additional specs in PvM as well, since everything PvM is over the long run. The effect is less potent in PvP. If it were made more potent the stats should take a hit to compensate.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:19:09 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 02:51:49 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16063.0

And I disagree with everything about Soulwars. :) Read my topic why.
And if you didn't read the thread about What not To suggest, Dungeoneering items, like Chaotic. Read again the rules, before suggesting. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:55:23 pm by Triangle Dot »

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:08 pm »

And if you didn't read the thread about What not To suggest, Dungeoneering items, like Chaotic. Read again the rules, before suggesting. :)

"I don't like soul wars because there are no good rewards"
Thomy can add any rewards he wants, they don't have to be only those items.

And also, he wasn't breaking the rules. He didn't directly suggest chaotics, he suggested them as a possible reward from a new minigame. Meaning that any weapons would be fine, but chaotics are one possibility.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:16:44 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 01:31:57 am »

"I don't like soul wars because there are no good rewards"
Thomy can add any rewards he wants, they don't have to be only those items.

And also, he wasn't breaking the rules. He didn't directly suggest chaotics, he suggested them as a possible reward from a new minigame. Meaning that any weapons would be fine, but chaotics are one possibility.
I didn't mention him breaking rules, now did I? :) I just said, to read again the rules, what not to suggest. That's all. :) Don't be angry, just because I disagree with soulwars as Idea, Aaron.

Offline Zaros

• Liked: 22 times
  • +0/-0
  • The Empty Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 07:36:41 am »
I like your whole concept of adding Soul-Wars and having such interesting rewards.

The idea of having Chaotic weapons, with charges is great, what I'd add to this is to make them untradeable. (Perhaps was it already in your idea?) Too many good items are tradeable in my opinon, if you've got the wealth for, you can save yourself all the all work. You should have to work for some powerful gear, not simply acquire them so easily.

The bonecrusher has been on my mind for quite a while now, I do miss its utility.

As for what Charr said, the idea of dominion weapons isn't bad, but at first, the Dominion Sword itself is 2-handed, and I think Chaotic would fit better in the concept to alternate between Rapier (Accuracy), Longsword (Strength) & Maul (Strength).

Another idea for ZP would be to let us trade them for XP in different skills that do not appear in PC's exchange.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 10:59:19 am »
As for what Charr said, the idea of dominion weapons isn't bad, but at first, the Dominion Sword itself is 2-handed, and I think Chaotic would fit better in the concept to alternate between Rapier (Accuracy), Longsword (Strength) & Maul (Strength).
The model fits fine as a longsword, I've seen it used like that before in another server. I'm not a fan of melee getting this variety while the other two styles do not.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »
I like your whole concept of adding Soul-Wars and having such interesting rewards.

The idea of having Chaotic weapons, with charges is great, what I'd add to this is to make them untradeable. (Perhaps was it already in your idea?) Too many good items are tradeable in my opinon, if you've got the wealth for, you can save yourself all the all work. You should have to work for some powerful gear, not simply acquire them so easily.

The bonecrusher has been on my mind for quite a while now, I do miss its utility.

Another idea for ZP would be to let us trade them for XP in different skills that do not appear in PC's exchange.
I disagree. This wil mean it will rarely be used in pvp as people will have to grind to get it back, unless protected. Also when you kill someone and he or she loses it, you won't receive it as a drop. In my opinion Eddies proposal is the best way to implement top tier weapons/armour. You can buy it but should it run out of charges you actually need to spend some time doing the minigame to recharge it which basically combines the best of both worlds.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 12:36:21 pm »
I disagree. This wil mean it will rarely be used in pvp as people will have to grind to get it back, unless protected. Also when you kill someone and he or she loses it, you won't receive it as a drop. In my opinion Eddies proposal is the best way to implement top tier weapons/armour. You can buy it but should it run out of charges you actually need to spend some time doing the minigame to recharge it which basically combines the best of both worlds.
You have a fair point. I would prefer the weapon to not be tradable so that people can't just straight up buy the weapon. But that sounds okay as well.
;

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:04 pm »
Sounds nice. A yes from me.

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 09:41:23 am »
Thank you to everyone replying to this topic. The mini-game has received alot of positive review, which I am very happy about.

Regarding the reward shop, I have taken all critism into account and gonna suggest a new Reward shop to make it more healthy for everyone.
The prices can be set up later. Let's discuss the items and their effects for now.

- 3rd druidic set -> grants 50% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item just an 'expensive' goodlooking outfit.
- ring of vigour -> reduces special attack cost by 7.5 energy (decrease korasi special attack cost to 55-57.5% energy. dds will have 5 special attacks).
- Bonecrusher -> you need to have this item in your inventory. Upon killing npcs that drop bones, you will not get any bones, but 125% XP of the dropped bones. 500 charges upon purchasing. Can be charged to 1000 charges when degraded. Tradable only with 1000 charges.

Regarding weapons, I still think chaotic weapons are the way to go. We have more versatile ranged and magic weapons than melee. That is why Soul Wars will have more melee weapons then ranged or magic weapons.

- Chaotic rapier -> it will be one of the fastest hitting (strength same as regular whip) and the most accurate 1-handed melee weapon. This item will be very popular for stakers and Pkers who use the new meta special attack weapon dds.
- Chaotic longsword -> This item would be slower than rapier and weaker than chaotic maul. I currently see no place where it fits. Therefore it will not get added.
- Chaotic maul -> The highest normal hitting melee attack. Its accuracy will be 5-10 higher than zspear (155-160 instead of 150) and the max hit will increase by 5 in the best armour for strength. The only requirement for this item will be 85 strength. Obsidian maul pures will have a chance to compete in wilderness again
- Chaotic crossbow -> This crossbow will be a 2 handed and slow, but very hard hitting item (stronger than hunters cbow + divine) which increases enchanted bolts to proc by 10-25%.
- Chaotic staff -> This staff will be a 2 handed item (more accurate than rod + ely ss, but same magic strength) which deals 15% additional damage of your hit (e.g. 50 + 7.5, similar effect as godbows + arrows)

- Experience in Smithing, Slayer (members only), Herblore,  Agility (members only) and Crafting (members only). new

- Charging/Repairing Chaotic weapons costs 50 ZP + 5.000.000 coins (2000 charges).
- Charging/Repairing Bonecrusher costs 25 ZP + 2.500.000 coins (1000 charges).

Chaotic items and bonecrusher are only tradable when fully degraded. Upon the death, these items degrade instantly.

Since Thomy said this idea is quite possible to get implemented, I have thought about the boss mechanics and the way to kill them.

Their Combat level is always 150-130 (will need alot testing not to make the game too difficult) at the beginning. However they also gain power (indirectly) by the amount of people playing.

The boss will have two different attacks (single target melee multi target ranged).

At 50% HP the boss becomes immune again and spawns 'minions' equal to the 'amount of players in their team / 2' (5 players = 2.5 minions -> 3 minions). These minions will have around 100 hp and be very tanky to stall the game. The boss will still continue to attack your team, even if he is immune. Once you killed all minions, the boss loses his shields and becomes vulnerable again.
At 25% HP the boss gains a shield and spawns a wave of minions for the last time again. It will be the same amount as before, but they will be stronger this time. Their HP will be 150 and they focus on pure offensive powers. They will have very low defence but  insanely high offensive power (e.g. arzinian avatars).
The first minion wave will be melee and the second minion wave will be a mixture of ranged and magic creatures. Which npcs to choose can be discusses later.
When the last wave of minions has died, you can rush the boss and finish the game.

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2016, 10:48:21 am »

- Experience in Smithing, Slayer (members only), Herblore,  Agility (members only) and Crafting (members only). new

How about Ancient effigies? http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_effigies
Assisting system would look wonderful. :)
Pages: 1 2 3