The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A new mini-game!
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »

I am sure most of you guys knew the beloved customized mini-game we once had - Emps-Wars.
It had everything a perfect mini-game needed: PvP content, PvM content and a great store to reward all these hard working players.
Getting a full void set took atleast 1 week to achieve and it felt great once you had it. It was the same with saradomin sword. It was one of the most seeked items and it was worth to spend every single second at emps-wars to get it.

If we look at our current mini-games, most of you will agree with me that they are lackluster, either the game itself or the rewards or even both.
I tried plenty of times to get the old mini game we once loved back by talking to our founder and owner Thomy, but without success. We have to live with the fact it will never return.

This is the reason why I am suggesting a new mini-game. A mini-game that has everything like emps-wars had. A mini-game that will make us feel good when we can purchase one of the items from the shop.

To all people who think we do not have enough people for a new mini-game, let me tell you something. Some people play to achieve something great from the shop (e.g. fire cape & the ability to wear it from jad) and some people play it just for fun because the game is just enjoyable on its own (e.g. myself playing emps-wars who collected probably the most tickets in history without spending them).
Remember, Emps-Scape had a limit of 150 players back then and guess which place was crowded all the time? You are right, it was wilderness, and yes, it was Falador/Varrock, but it also was Emps-Wars.

As long as the mini-game is enjoyable and rewardable, it will be played no matter what.

The new customized mini-game I am suggestiong is Soul-Wars.

Some mechanics will be the same as found in a different game, but we will also have many unique features.

Soul Wars
Emps-World Style

How to get there?
Enter the portal located between Edgeville and Barbarian Village to teleport to the Soul-Wars 'area'.

How to start the mini-game?

Enter the portal (no capes allowed) to randomly get placed into a team (saradomin or zamorak).
Once you have got enough players (atleast 5 in each team), the countdown will begin (30 seconds). After that, all players will spawn inside their graveyard and the game begins.

How to win the game?

The goal is simple. Kill the enemy's boss before they do. You will have 15-20 minutes to do that but that won't as simple as it sounds. This is where the first custom piece can be added. Either we add two customized bosses which could be Thomy and his counterpart (suggestions accepted) or we add the original bosses known as Avatar of Creation and Avatar of Destruction.

Anyways, at the beginning of the game the boss is invicible. He will have a combat level requirement of 150 to get attacked. To lower his combat level requirement, you need to collect soul fragments which will be dropped by two NPCs (spots marked as orange and green in the screenshot). The weaker npc will drop 1 fragment and the stronger npc will drop 2 fragments.

The area around these npcs will be single-target combat. However, everything else will be multi-target combat and this where the interesting part kicks in.
Once you collect some soul fragments, you need to sacrifice them to the obelisk in the middle of the map. Since this is a war and multi-target area, you can possibly die.
Do not worry, you will not lose any items except all the soul fragments you have collected. These fragments can be picked up by any other player since they appear visible for everyone at the moment you lose them. As soon as you use your fragments on the obilisk, the combat level requirement gets lower by the amount of fragments your team has sacrified.
But that is not everything. The lower the combat level of the boss gets, the weaker he becomes as well. Calculating how much time and fragments are needed compared to your team's damage output is the key to victory.

There will be a scoreboard that shows you the following things:
- team names (saradomin and zamorak)
- combat level of the bosses
- fragments sacrified
- hp of the bosses
(optional)
- time left

Some of you might have seen the capturable graveyards in the screenshot. They will have a usage as well.
The team that has more soul fragments sacrified captures the graveyard which is close to their base. This means upon death the 'winning' team(based on sacrified soul fragments) will spawn at their 'new' graveyard while the 'losing' team spawns at their base.
As harsh as it might sound for the losing team, there is still hope because they will have a closer way to their supply area, which means they stock up (bandages, explosive potions and barricades) faster and can possibly get back into the game by killing the enemy's attackers.

The Boss:

The strength of both bosses as well as their abilities will be equal. The only difference they will have is their appearance.
The total strength of each boss will depend on two factors: How many people are inside the game and what is their combat level.
Their appearence, as well as their abilities can be discussed here.

Rewards:

The team that kills the boss first wins the game and is granted with 8 zeal points (ZP). The losing team will get only 4 ZP. A draw results in 6 ZP for everyone.
The 3 highest damage dealers to the boss from the winner team will be rewarded with 1,2 or 3 extra tickets depending on their damage dealt.

Reward Shop:

As I mentioned before, this will be a rewarding mini game which means you will be able to purchase great items!

- 100 ZP: Bonecrusher (you need to have this item in your inventory. Upon killing npcs that drop bones, you will not get any bones, but 125% XP of the dropped bones).
- 100 ZP: Third-age druidic wreath (grants 10% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item).
- 100 ZP: Third-age druidic robe top (grants 10% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item).
- 100 ZP: Third-age druidic robe (grants 10% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item).
- 100 ZP: Third-age druidic cloak (grants 10% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item).
- 100 ZP: Third-age druidic staff (grants 10% bonus experience in prayer when wearing this item).
- 300 ZP: Ring of vigour (same ring, removed from pc, new improved effect: reduces special attack cost by 10% energy).
- 500 ZP: Chaotic rapier (slightly weaker than the new whips, but more accurate and faster).
- 500 ZP: Chaotic maul (highest normal hitting weapon in the game (70+ in max gear).
- 500 ZP: Chaotic crossbow (most accurate and strongest crossbow, downside: 2 handed).
- 500 ZP: Chaotic staff (most accurate and strongest staff, downside: 2 handed).

The chaotic weapons will have charges. They will degrade after 2000 attacks/spells. You will need to pay 50 ZP and 5.000.000 coins to fully repair them. Upon purchasing these weapons from the shop, they will have 1000 attacks/spells each.
Only the repaired or the fully degraded versions are tradable. Upon death, the degraded version will always appear (e.g. same as barrow items).

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:30:14 am by Eddie1408 »
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Drugs, Kaarel 123, Earl, Yaz, Blue Bird

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A new mini-game!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »
- 300 ZP: Ring of vigour (same ring, removed from pc, new improved effect: reduces special attack cost by 10% energy).
It already has that effect.
Agreed with the minigame though, would be fun.

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »
Perfect

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 08:00:27 pm »
Would be an awesome addition to the game :) I really miss those days of griding emps wars for void. Like you said, as long as the rewards are good people will play it. The actual rewards themselves however might need some changing because the rapier sounds way too good ;p.

Offline Eddie1408

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »
It already has that effect.
Agreed with the minigame though, would be fun.

the current ring does the 10%.. this new ring will do 10 flat energy. the '%' was crossed in the suggestion. maybe you did not see it :(

some examples:

current ring:
dds 22.5%
ags 45%

new ring:
dds 15%
ags 40%

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 08:09:06 pm »
Agree with everything else but why make prayer skill easier to train??
Wearing that set+b glove+points at pest control xp exchange=woot i don't know...

Offline Eddie1408

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »
Agree with everything else but why make prayer skill easier to train??
Wearing that set+b glove+points at pest control xp exchange=woot i don't know...

it was just a suggestion to fill some spots. if you got better ideas, feel free to post them here :)

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 08:24:10 pm »
YAS! Please chaotic items
Ps, maybe primal items like primal maul,rapier,longsword etc?

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 08:49:10 pm »
Played this on soulsplit, literally 90% of my soulsplit gameplay was playing soul wars.
I agree to the minigame, as far as rewards go I don't like to dig deep into thinking about them because if the soul wars comes we have plenty of time to readjust the rewards.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 10:05:47 pm »
This actually doesn't look too bad, I would not mind seeing this minigame.

I would change a few things though:
  • 3rd druid set - 50% extra prayer exp are you out of your mind!? That shouldn't be it.
  • Bonecrusher - It would already be good if it gave 100% of the exp, it does not need a boost. As well as it should have charges, which I'll talk about later
  • Weapons - Chaotics would be a very bad choice for weapon rewards. Their concept is fine, but people tend to dislike them heavily due to their reputation. It also doesn't make much sense to have varying weapons for melee but not for ranged or magic. I have a better alternative, dominion weapons. These would all be one-handed weapons, all at the same tier. I'd say they should be at around lvl 75, the sword should be between a whip and an elemental whip. These should hold a large amount of charges (5-10k) and be recharged with the charges that are also used for bonecrusher. The weapons should be untradable.
  • Charges - These charges would be used to repair the weapons from the minigame and the bonecrusher. These charges can be made two ways; with coins or with ancient energy, both costing zeal as well. These charges would be tradable and would be what you get when you want to gain money from the minigame.
  • Ring of vigour - Is strong enough as it is, doesn't need to be buffed.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 10:13:51 pm »

• 3rd druid set - 50% extra prayer exp are you out of your mind!? That shouldn't be it.
  • Bonecrusher - It would already be good if it gave 100% of the exp, it does not need a boost. As well as it should have charges, which I'll talk about later
  • Weapons - Chaotics would be a very bad choice for weapon rewards. Their concept is fine, but people tend to dislike them heavily due to their reputation. It also doesn't make much sense to have varying weapons for melee but not for ranged or magic. I have a better alternative, dominion weapons. These would all be one-handed weapons, all at the same tier. I'd say they should be at around lvl 75, the sword should be between a whip and an elemental whip. These should hold a large amount of charges (5-10k) and be recharged with the charges that are also used for bonecrusher. The weapons should be untradable.
  • Charges - These charges would be used to repair the weapons from the minigame and the bonecrusher. These charges can be made two ways; with coins or with ancient energy, both costing zeal as well. These charges would be tradable and would be what you get when you want to gain money from the minigame.
I actually like chaotic weapons, and I disagree with dominions already because of how they look.

Imo the reputation you're talking about would be way worse in domn. case (never heard of them, and sorry but they look ugly)

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 03:58:57 am »
YES PLEASE.
This mini-game would be intense, I've been thinking about suggesting it myself.

Offline Eddie1408

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 06:19:25 am »

- 3rd druidic set: I do not mind if it gives no set effect. but it should be an expensive / hard to get cosmetic set. a nice side-effect could be discussed later I guess.

- Bonecrusher: I was asking myself whether people would buy this item if it gave just 100% or not. I do think it should give abit more because they are forced to pvm to get more xp instead of buying the bones per 1 click. The charging part is a greatt addition. Adding 1000 chargers (=1000 bones) would make this item more valuable and the 125% more reasonable.

- weapons: As far as I have seen, more people like than dislike them. Having a bad reputation in a different game should be the smallest problem.. I mean claws had a high reputation and high hopes... Now you see where they have landed. Reputation is not a valid reason when you can change the power with some clicks. As for the item choice, I do think chaotics fit more in this current meta which is ruled by ranging (and magic).
Chaotic maul will just need a strength requirement which means more variety for pkers (e.g. obby mauler's and gmauler's return).
Chaotic rapier will abit stronger than regular whips and weaker than elemental whips, but more accurate and faster which means this item will be highly seeked by stakers.
Chaotic crossbow will be stronger than hunter's crossbow. It will be slower than a regular crossbow and 2 handed as well. To sum, a slow hard hitting truck.
Chaotic Staff: I am honestly unsure what effect to add to this staff. We got many different staffs with different effects. It should be 2 handed and have very high bonuses. Adding a way to keep runes by 50% might be an option but I am not so sure about that.

- Charges: I do not know if ancient energy is the right payment method. Giving them an option between cash and energy results in energy having a fixed price.

- ring of vigour: This ring will keep the stats of a ring of stone. The effect is totally useless at the moment. you can not use any additional special attack which kills the reason why this effect got added on the first hand.
The following users liked this post: Paps

Offline Skiller Sitt

• Liked: 43 times
  • +0/-0
  • Make your dreams come true!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 06:22:28 am »
Perfect , and very good idea!

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0