The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Vili

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A Lower Level Dungeon
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »
Currently there are two main ways to get money from combat early on:
  • Kill dragons for dragon bones and other drops.
  • Kill ice giants for rune items to high alchemy.
This makes it difficult and monotonous to make enough money with just combat until players are able to kill bosses.
This difficulty can still be there, but a new exciting dungeon with medium-level monsters and perhaps some nicer super-rare drops would make this stage more interesting.

Thoughts?
VAK
The following users liked this post: 4k

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A Lower Level Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:18:24 pm »
Fair enough. Which monsters would you place in it and where would you locate the dungeon?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 04:24:34 pm »
How about this place? It's near Barbarian Village and it's not in use. There could be some low to medium level cockroaches for people to kill or maybe something else.

The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Skill L

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »
Yeah, but we might want to switch it out with the dungeon in Barbarian village or just add another hole somewhere close to Barbarian? We want new people to definitely find it. :)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:38:40 pm »
I wouldn't mind additional moneymaking methods for lower levels.

That being said, I think it's not entirely necessary to add more to combat. Dragons and ice giants are by far not the only combat moneymaking methods for newer players. There are plenty of monsters that offer a similar table to ice giants. There isn't much of a difference between ice giants and dragons honestly, there's barely any thinking to the method, it's gonna be boring no matter what monster you put there. Even if they were the only methods, you wouldn't have to do them for very long until you could upgrade to a different method that would require either better gear or membership.

I feel the majority of players are way too focused on combat if they're looking to make money. There are quite a few skilling methods that output more money on a more consistent basis than the majority of PvM content in the game. If you're having problems at the early stages of the game learning more things will most likely solve your problems.

The early stages of the game are something people want to get through as quick as possible, I think it's more important to ensure they do rather than trying to make more content for them to stick around in. Of course variety isn't a bad thing, but I don't think it's combat that needs more of that.

Yeah, but we might want to switch it out with the dungeon in Barbarian village or just add another hole somewhere close to Barbarian? We want new people to definitely find it. :)
Then send them to it with a quest or something. Could just change barb assistance to take place in the new dungeon.
;

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
Barbarian Assistance II could solve that problem then... It could lead you into the Edgeville dungeon where's plenty of low level monsters... Afterwards the Barbarian dungeon is a good alternative. Assuming initial money is ONLY made by killing monsters.

Maybe a guide in Barbarian also won't harm anyone that quickly explains how to check prices and gives you some tips which items sell good... Since there's a rune ess mine in Barbarian.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:31 pm »
Barbarian Assistance II could solve that problem then... It could lead you into the Edgeville dungeon where's plenty of low level monsters... Afterwards the Barbarian dungeon is a good alternative. Assuming initial money is ONLY made by killing monsters.
There's some space in the dungeon as well, you could use that for something new as well. It doesn't have to be an entirely new quest, could rework the initial quest to take place there.

Maybe a guide in Barbarian also won't harm anyone that quickly explains how to check prices and gives you some tips as to which items sell good well... Since there's a rune ess mine in Barbarian.
Wouldn't mind that.
;

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 04:54:40 pm »
How about this place? It's near Barbarian Village and it's not in use. There could be some low to medium level cockroaches for people to kill or maybe something else.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19629.0 You're welcome.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 05:17:19 pm »
The real question is what would they actually drop without devaluing the price of the said drops, so that you would not have to go back the monotonous dragons? Dragon bones will always have demand and the value of rune items doesn't even depend on the demand. I don't see a point in adding new monsters if they have drop tables copied from already existing NPCs (return of monotony) or if they are so low leveled that you level up past them in 10 minutes to the point that they become irrelevant.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 09:35:32 pm »
I think that we should assess the current dungeons that we have and look into changing up the monsters in those rather than placing in another new dungeon first, see if we can rearrange or shuffle some spawns around to make one of our existing dungeons more useful. The Varrock Dungeon is a great example of a dungeon that I think needs a little more in the way of spawns, currently only has 3 monsters that shift dramatically in difficulty. Jellies and Basilisks take up so much of that dungeon and TDs just feel so awkward there, don't really feel like they should be in such a lower-leveled dungeon in terms of slayer level.
The following users liked this post: Charr, S Clegane
Pages: 1