The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
Re: A GE tutorial
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 03:59:22 pm »

If.the.npc.idea.finds.a.way.into.the.game.then.it.needs.to.be.in.many.common.languages.that.players.speak.

If they can't understand simple English sentences, they shouldn't be playing this game.
Plus, Google Translate is always a thing.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 06:31:25 pm »

If.the.npc.idea.finds.a.way.into.the.game.then.it.needs.to.be.in.many.common.languages.that.players.speak.

If they can't understand simple English sentences, they shouldn't be playing this game.

So by that logic just because someone does not speak a language they shouldn't have the ability to do what they want. On top of that who the hell would want to sit there trying to use a translation program? You do realize in a program one language to another loses meaning. Unless its translated by a human it loses meaning.

Plus what you just said really limits the people able to play. There is 400 to 430 million people that speak english. There is 7.1 to 7.4 billion people living in the world.

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »
Sure. Make a GE tutorial that nobody will understand either because it isn't in arabic/estonian/lithuanian language.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 09:10:41 pm »
Sure. Make a GE tutorial that nobody will understand either because it isn't in arabic/estonian/lithuanian language.
I suppose I hadn't done a good job of specifying when writing this. This wouldn't be a written tutorial, this would be a cutscene-esque thing quite literally showing you how to buy and sell an item.
;
The following users liked this post: Eliminator

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 12:07:04 am »

So by that logic just because someone does not speak a language they shouldn't have the ability to do what they want. On top of that who the hell would want to sit there trying to use a translation program? You do realize in a program one language to another loses meaning. Unless its translated by a human it loses meaning.

Plus what you just said really limits the people able to play. There is 400 to 430 million people that speak english. There is 7.1 to 7.4 billion people living in the world.

Yeah, I was wrong I guess. I take back what I said.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
Pages: 1 2