The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A GE tutorial
« on: June 07, 2016, 12:45:18 pm »
Months after release, there are still people that don't know about the GE or don't know how it works. I think it would be a great thing to have an npc that could give a proper tutorial on how the GE works.

Opinions?

Edit: I'd also like to bring up adding more GE slots. It might help get more people to put their stuff in if they get more space to do so.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:22:35 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Ironman 506

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
  • Corne506 | Ironman 506
    • View Profile
Re: A GE tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »
Learning how to use GE isn't that hard. in my opinion it would be worthless to create a npc for that. and 8 slots is enough, its the way the GE Always has been.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:13:02 pm by Ironman 506 »

Thanks tulrak <3

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:13:32 pm »
Learning how to use GE isn't that hard to learn. in my opinion it would be worthless to create a npc for that
It by no means is. Neither is anything else in the game. I felt it might help those that don't understand how it works. Do you have any possible solution in mind for this?
;

Offline Ironman 506

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
  • Corne506 | Ironman 506
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »
Learning how to use GE isn't that hard to learn. in my opinion it would be worthless to create a npc for that
It by no means is. Neither is anything else in the game. I felt it might help those that don't understand how it works. Do you have any possible solution in mind for this?

What has to be explaind about using the GE? the GE interface explains it good enough in my opinion

Thanks tulrak <3

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:40:00 pm »
I agree on the first suggestion.
About the second suggestion, as much as I would love to have extra slots, I think GE was a factor not to be ignored in reducing our player's online time. Since people would just put the items they'd like to buy/sell in the GE and just stay offline until their items are sold/bought, and adding more slots would make this problem even worse.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:43:54 pm »
Since people would just put the items they'd like to buy/sell in the GE and just stay offline until their items are sold/bought, and adding more slots would make this problem even worse.
Generally, that time they spend online selling things isn't something most people enjoy. I'd say that could be disregarded, especially if the trade on the GE itself is improved due to it.
;

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 07:54:20 pm »
The GE is pretty straight forward. My personal opinion is, if you're too dense to figure out how the GE works; you shouldn't be playing RSPS'.

Offline Vindicate

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
  • I dont even know anymore :>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 08:32:49 pm »
The GE is pretty straight forward. My personal opinion is, if you're too dense to figure out how the GE works; you shouldn't be playing RSPS'.

Then we need to make sure everyone knows we have a working GE, so that they actually use it? It needs some promotion for sure.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:19:47 pm »
1)If.you.make.GE.home.location.same.dense.players.wouldnt.find.monsters.to.kill
2)Maybe.new.players.try.to.sell.their.low.level.shit.in.GE.nowadays.instead.of.general.store.and.that.obv.doesnt.work
3)Playercount.has.dropped(summer-exams)
4)Lots.of.players.dont.even.use.GE.because.they.already.have.everything.they.need
5)4.leads.to.nobody.buying.more.items.so.more.players.are.selling

Theres.so.much.do.it.if.you.go.in.details.which.obviously.adds.up.
But.tldr.is.what.Adam.said.

Dense.people.who.dont.know.how.to.use.GE.and.wont.play.enough.to.find.out.on.their.own.will.most.likely.quit.anyways.
GE.is.a.nice.feature.but.when.new.players/dense.noobs.cant.figure.the.game.out.on.their.own.the.well.shit

Took.me.a.year.to.start.understanding.csgo.
The.game.appealed.to.me.and.in.a.year.I.learned.it.all.

You.cant.really.expect.to.keep.players.playing.in.a.long.run.by.explaining.GE(game.in.general).to.them.I.see.it.as.another.hint.that.tells.that.playercount.is.going.down.and.down.
If.players.are.not.interested.in.a.game.and.dont.want.to.learn.simplest.things.then.they.are.not.the.players.I.would.put.my.money.on.playing.after.a.year
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:22:52 pm by Drugs »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »
You.cant.really.expect.to.keep.players.playing.in.a.long.run.by.explaining.GE(game.in.general).to.them.I.see.it.as.another.hint.that.tells.that.playercount.is.going.down.and.down.
If.players.are.not.interested.in.a.game.and.dont.want.to.learn.simplest.things.then.they.are.not.the.players.I.would.put.my.money.on.playing.after.a.year
I am suggesting a tutorial for the GE for the sake of teaching people how to use the GE, that is all there is to it. I do not have any expectations in regard to the playercount with this suggestion. Please do not think all my suggestions are to increase or keep the playercount. That is not their purpose.
;

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:46 pm »
I am suggesting a tutorial for the GE for the sake of teaching people how to use the GE, that is all there is to it. I do not have any expectations in regard to the playercount with this suggestion. Please do not think all my suggestions are to increase or keep the playercount. That is not their purpose.
And.I.think.that.our.updates.should.include.features.that.should.in.theory.increase.playercount.because.the.way.were.going.theres.not.enough.arabs.to.teach.GE.to.

edit:

and.I.cant.really.nor.can.any.normal.player.that.uses.forums.actually.know.about.people.who."dont.know.how.to.use.GE".because.staff.members.are.ones.annoyed.by.those.people.
But.is.it.seriously.issue.so.bad.that.you.cant.fix.with.linking.arab.some.rs.GE.guide?

Oh.yeah.wait.you.cant.link.thru.ingame.and.same.dense.people.dont.know.the.meaning.behind"go.on.forums.i.send.you.guide.in.pm"
So.how.are.said.people.even.know.about.npc.update.when.they.dont.know.how.to.browse.forums.or.understand.youtube.guides.

If.you.want.a.solid.yes/no.without.any.reasoning.behind.my.yes/no.then.its.a.no.

No.you.dont.need.a.npc
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:47:16 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Charr

Mary

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 09:44:49 pm »
increase playercount? remove GE lol

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 10:11:57 pm »
As a follow up to my agreement in my last comment, I think the best idea to do this thing is by adding an NPC or just add an option to the bankers in GE to talk to them about GE, and they will just give you the link the GE's guide on the forum. In this way, it will spare a lot of time to code and actually let people know that there's a forum.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 02:04:58 pm »
I.think.I.need.to.clarify.

Im.not.hating.on.the.suggestion.any.feedback.is.good.feedback.and.Charrs.topic.is.basically.feedback.

But.im.100%.sure.that.people.who.dont.understand.english.or.dont.understand.GE.ask.from.staff.members.
And.staff.members.should.be.able.to.explain.it.

And.if.a.particular.staff.member.does.not.speak.the.language.then.imo.thats.the.reason.we.have.staff.from.alot.of.different.countries.

What.I.dont.like.is.people.suggesting.other.possible.fixes.that.simply.wont.work.because.the.issue.is.language.barrier.

If.the.npc.idea.finds.a.way.into.the.game.then.it.needs.to.be.in.many.common.languages.that.players.speak.

The following users liked this post: Eliminator, Charr

Offline Eliminator

• Liked: 123 times
  • +0/-0
  • Everybody believes they are the good guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 02:49:17 pm »
What.I.dont.like.is.people.suggesting.other.possible.fixes.that.simply.wont.work.because.the.issue.is.language.barrier.

If.the.npc.idea.finds.a.way.into.the.game.then.it.needs.to.be.in.many.common.languages.that.players.speak.

I love this idea! I think that should not only stand for this one npc. I believe it would be best if it applied to all npcs. Maybe an option required when creating an account, language selection. Thus anything there after is now in the language preferred. Now with that being said a button for changing the language would be required aswell, just in case.

Also, i love the part of charrs idea with more slots in the g/e.

- Drugs are bad, mmkay -

"The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people." - Charlie Chaplin

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." - Scott Adams
Pages: 1 2