The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
Re: SOTW#20 - GFX Designer Competition!!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:27 pm »
We are greatly appreciative towards those who have entered, and the entries are all good.  However, none of them is quite what we are looking for, so we will extend this competition for another week in the hopes that we will get more entries or refined entries.

In regards to next week's SOTW, we will host SOTW #21 this week -- both competitions will be running simultaneously.  We're doing this because it's obviously what the designers would like.  Although we will host SOTW #21 this week alongside SOTW #20, we do still expect more designers to enter this competition. 

We understand that it's not quite up your alleys, but part of SOTW is to try new things and test yourself, not to mention that the winner of this week, depending on the quality, will be the first person to officially have earned the GFX rank.

I will provide some feedback that I hope will help:

Universal feedback: Including custom items is, in my opinion, a strong selling point.  Mary did a phenomenal job with the custom wings and dragon hastas, so it would hurt us to not advertise those.  Taking a minimalist approach could be the key to making the best possible banner with such a small file size -- Ozzy's on the right track in that regard.  Including images is great, but remember that we're working with a small file size, so you need to balance content, quality, and visual FX appropriately.  On top of that all, don't be wasteful.

Karel (Drugs): The style is actually pretty nice; however, it has a lot of wasted space and really should be animated.  I know that you don't like this theme, but perhaps you'll make another entry.  If not, then at least others could benefit from the feedback.

Ozzy: Yours have the smoothest transitions of all the entries, and that's an important aspect.  Verticals -- I really like your idea to mimic the home-page's buttons, and I love the "and much more..." button.  The only real negative about your vertical entries is that they're a bit too plain.  Horizontal -- This one has a very nice style; I like how you've kept one portion of it constant (the Emps logo) while the other side transitions to advertise key aspects.  A negative to this one is that we will be limited to how much we can advertise on it because each transition takes a lot of KB.

Karil: You've included a lot in yours, and that's wonderful, and I love that you've included PvP weapon animations (D claws being my favourite); you've also, like Ozzy, used the home-page's style, and I definitely like that.  However, the banner does seem a bit cluttered (which I would likely attribute to the background), and the transitions are too sudden.  I recognize that the limited file size is to blame, but if you take more of a minimalist approach, you'll likely solve the problem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:31:24 pm by Fate »
The following users liked this post: Karil

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
Re: SOTW#20 - GFX Designer Competition EXTENDED!!
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 02:46:55 pm »
Ozzy: Yours have the smoothest transitions of all the entries, and that's an important aspect. 

Verticals -- I really like your idea to mimic the home-page's buttons, and I love the "and much more..." button.  The only real negative about your vertical entries is that they're a bit too plain.

Horizontal -- This one has a very nice style; I like how you've kept one portion of it constant (the Emps logo) while the other side transitions to advertise key aspects.  A negative to this one is that we will be limited to how much we can advertise on it because each transition takes a lot of KB.

Thanks for the feedback; I'm not sure if I'll have time to enter again as I have quite a lot of university work to do, but if I do I'll come back and try to think of other banner concepts I could try.

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: Icedrags

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2015, 10:26:01 pm »
I am glad that the feedback is useful, and it's fully understandable if you can't find the time to enter again.  If you do manage to enter, we greatly look forward to seeing what you create :)
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 09:37:10 pm »
We encourage you to add any tweaks to your current entries/submit alternatives. Keep in mind the winner gets the all new position as GFX designer!

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Mary

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:26:48 pm by Mary »
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 04:47:40 am »
oh yea im karil btw, obviously
THE SHOCK!!!!!!!

OT:  You've done a great job refining your entry; well done.

>Judging may take a bit longer than usual.

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 09:26:06 am »
As unfortunate as it was that we had so few entries, the entries that we did get were great. 
Thank you, all who entered!  We really appreciate the effort and time that you put into this.

This competition's winner is Ozzy!  Great work, Ozzy; your second entry was definitely the favourite.
I've left you an important message on Skype, so please check it whenever you have the time  :)

|____WINNER!____|

Additionally, it has been decided that you will be getting the GFX Designer rank!  Congratulations!

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:44 am »
As unfortunate as it was that we had so few entries, the entries that we did get were great. 
Thank you, all who entered!  We really appreciate the effort and time that you put into this.

This competition's winner is Ozzy!  Great work, Ozzy; your second entry was definitely the favourite.
I've left you an important message on Skype, so please check it whenever you have the time  :)

|____WINNER!____|

Additionally, it has been decided that you will be getting the GFX Designer rank!  Congratulations!
Congratulations :Bear:

Well earned <3

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: SOTW#20 - Congratulations to the first GFX Designer - Il Pk I!
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 10:12:13 am »
Congratulations Ozzy, you deserved the rank since you've made so many signatures in the SOTW. :kappa:

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 10:22:19 am »
Congratulations Ozzy, you deserved the rank since you've made so many signatures in the SOTW. :kappa:

He is the gif god.

Well done Ozzy <3

Mary

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 11:58:05 am »

He is the gif god.

Well done Ozzy <3
Congratz! He sure is the gif god :P

Offline Fate

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 12:08:27 pm »

He is the gif god.

Well done Ozzy <3
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Kaner

• Liked: 509 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 12:14:57 pm »

He is the gif god.

Well done Ozzy <3

You are a gif god as well Chait <3
The following users liked this post: Fate

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »
Congratulations Oswald! :)

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Hugo Terwiss

• Liked: 362 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »
Congratulations Oswald!

Emps-world Player Moderator Since June 16, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since October 29, 2015
Emps-World Player Moderator Since February 26, 2016

Resigned as staff member on the 12th of July, 2016
Emps-World Player Moderator Since September 27, 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5