The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
Old drawings + Current Uni Stuff
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:09:12 pm »
Proper perspectives (*Cough* mary)

Don't forget how amazing the hand-drawing can be. Don't get too attracted by computer and remember WHAT YOUR HAND CAN DO (mhmmmmm).

Uni stuff, my last project that I received. Initial sketch based on the project brief: gallery space building, built in situ, above two existing city houses.

3D Model Concept

In 3-weeks time it will be finalized.. I may bring in the final concept xD

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
Re: Old drawings + Current Uni Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:10:14 pm »
I can't even draw a stick-figure, nice work  8)

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Mary

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:13:41 pm »
Sorry but i'm not allowed to use a ruler unlike you :P
Game concept art style is focused on visualizing an idea as quick as possible and without rulers cause they take too much time or something (thats what my prof says)

Very pretty though <3
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:16:05 pm by Mary »

Offline Lssj

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »
awesome

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:46 pm »
Looks awesome, especially the second one.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Christian

• Liked: 6 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »
Looks sick, especially the 2nd one, they're all great though! :)

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 08:44:15 pm »
That's so impressive!

How do you make the arches look so good? I took one course of 3d drawing similar to this last year. The course included drawing a house's blueprint, two outside pictures from two different perspectives and 3d picture inside one of the rooms with furniture and shit. That's much more simple than what you showed us here, but I was having so much struggle with all the furniture that had round parts in them lol

Mary

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 09:59:29 pm »
That's so impressive!

How do you make the arches look so good? I took one course of 3d drawing similar to this last year. The course included drawing a house's blueprint, two outside pictures from two different perspectives and 3d picture inside one of the rooms with furniture and shit. That's much more simple than what you showed us here, but I was having so much struggle with all the furniture that had round parts in them lol
You see the diagonal/vertical working lines? You use it to identify the center and that'll be the center of your rounding too ;)

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »
I took modelling class for 3 months, just general shit how to design different angels and stuff and I find this shit too impressive.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:26:21 am »
That's so impressive!

Drawing the arches (curves/circles in general) is pretty easy. Most people get away with an "aproximate angle" by using a french curve (the tool with lots of curves on it), but you have to bear in mind that in axonometric and isometric drawings there is ALWAYS a way to draw anything, but it can get quite tricky depends on the curve or intersection you want to get. If you want to be methodical you have to learn a LOT of formulas and techniques to draw everything 100% exact.

Back to the point, those arches are fairly straight forward, draw the square, draw the middle lines draw diagonals from middle to the corners and you will get specific points from which you use the compass to get the exact curve.

Edit: Here's an example of where it gets tricky  ::) when you get intersection curves and you need to use those tables in the corner to create "generator points" (or.. generators) to create each point of intersection. So much fun explaining this haha :D

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:29:34 am by Rock Gyo »

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:26 am »
Quite impressive, well done.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 08:59:39 am »
Wow that's really impressive! Nice work

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »
That's so impressive!

http://i.gyazo.com/242f1bb5bf97b6bf7488e2cb58cdf2ca.png

You see the diagonal/vertical working lines? You use it to identify the center and that'll be the center of your rounding too ;)

That's so impressive!

http://i.gyazo.com/242f1bb5bf97b6bf7488e2cb58cdf2ca.png

Drawing the arches (curves/circles in general) is pretty easy. Most people get away with an "aproximate angle" by using a french curve (the tool with lots of curves on it), but you have to bear in mind that in axonometric and isometric drawings there is ALWAYS a way to draw anything, but it can get quite tricky depends on the curve or intersection you want to get. If you want to be methodical you have to learn a LOT of formulas and techniques to draw everything 100% exact.

Back to the point, those arches are fairly straight forward, draw the square, draw the middle lines draw diagonals from middle to the corners and you will get specific points from which you use the compass to get the exact curve.

Edit: Here's an example of where it gets tricky  ::) when you get intersection curves and you need to use those tables in the corner to create "generator points" (or.. generators) to create each point of intersection. So much fun explaining this haha :D

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/454fc3_62c951c7461a63a523ce97214b2fe093.jpg_srz_p_638_905_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Thanks for explaining, both of you! :)

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:31 pm »
Such circles. wao.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
Pages: 1