The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Game Crash
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:57 pm »
Hey,

I've been getting this game crash after logging in and playing for 1 minute. Any idea what this is and how it could be fixed? I even tried to re-install the game from the uninstaller but didnt work.

Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019

Mary

Re: Game Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:23:27 pm »
Hi!
The error message mentions a crash report file, with the file directory in there. Could you please upload this file to the topic?

I think your graphics driver does not support OpenGL. The easiest way to try and fix this is when you open the launcher, you go to the settings (bottom right corner) and set 'Hardware renderer' to 'Software renderer'

Even if this solves your problem, please attach the error file to the topic so we can fix the issue for your graphics driver support if possible :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:26:47 pm by Mary »
The following users liked this post: Cahit

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:05 pm »
Copy the crash report and report it at the 'Bug Reports' section so Thomy can take a look at it. When you log in game next time, check the setting and see if you have multi model buffering enabled. If it's disabled, turn it on. That helped me when the game used to crash on my laptop.

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:10:16 am »
Try to increase the memory usage of the client. You can change that in the loader's settings (bottom right). Set it to at least 1024MB, that really helped me.

Also this can be usefull
Hi!
The error message mentions a crash report file, with the file directory in there. Could you please upload this file to the topic?

I think your graphics driver does not support OpenGL. The easiest way to try and fix this is when you open the launcher, you go to the settings (bottom right corner) and set 'Hardware renderer' to 'Software renderer'

Even if this solves your problem, please attach the error file to the topic so we can fix the issue for your graphics driver support if possible :)

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:37:53 am »
Hi!

Thanks for replying, here you have the crash log:
http://textuploader.com/5ecrf

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 06:51:44 am »
I could not recommend to use the software renderer, that's erroneous and very slow.

The crash report basically says, that your GPU is out of memory. Have you tried restarting your computer yet? Also, try updating your graphics card driver and Java version.

Can you show me your game settings too? You could disable ground decoration and decrease RD.

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 01:31:40 pm »
You are right, Im using the hardware renderer and it seems that it's getting better since I disabled the ground decoration option as you mentioned.
Of course, here you go:

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »
Would you mind if we try to really find the cause of the problem instead of just fixing it for your setup? It'd greatly assist me in fixing the problem for other users too.

I'm very sure that disabling ground decoration and reducing RD will definitely fix the problem. Now, I'd like to experiment a little and see if I can fix the actual issue, because the graphics card should never report out of memory, it's supposed to deal with its memory management on its own.

Anyway, can you restart your game and use the old settings and see, if the client still crashes? If so, please upload the new crash log file.

Thank you.

Offline Cahit

• +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 09:04:46 pm »
Absolutely!

I have restarted the game and headed back over to my old settings, everything seemed to be okay so far. Been online in-game for 2h and even tested playing other minigames etc and everything was working perfectly without any crash or something! :)

Thank you!

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 06:57:56 am »
Thanks a lot, I probably know what the issue was then. Glad it's working now!
Pages: 1