The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Back At It

• Liked: 75 times
  • +0/-0
  • Time Zone: CST
    • View Profile
Emps-World with a 4k monitor
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:51:36 pm »
Hey,

I recently got a laptop with a 4k screen. When I sign into Emps, every interface is extremely tiny. I'm not sure if it's just a graphics setting on my computer or what, but I've tried adjusting the screen resolution and that doesn't seem to help much. Here's a screenshot. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World with a 4k monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

Mary

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:58:44 pm »
Its standard... Higher resolution but same resolution interface means your interface looks a lot smaller. A 10 pixel wide image will look much smaller on a 2000pixel wide monitor than on a 1000 pixel wide monitor.
Emps doesn't have custom interface scaling, best way to 'fix' it or atleast display bigger is to set your resolution smaller on your monitor but that would defeat the purpose of a 4k monitor because youre not displaying at 4k.

If you buy a monitor that is 2x the resolution of what you had, you either buy 2x the inches wide size or youre stuck with smaller interfaces

example:

conclusion: dont buy expensive shit with newer standards without the time being ready for it/you not knowing what it means. Our programs of today are optimized for 2k resolution and itll take a while before everything will be adjusted for 4k resolution screens
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:01:08 pm by Mary »

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 09:34:57 pm »
Thanks for the info, although a simple "Emps-World does not currently support 4k displays" would have sufficed. I do understand what 4k is, how it works, and that it has not yet been widely adopted by legacy applications. What I didn't know was whether or not there was a way to work around the issue without having to change my display settings every time I launch Emps-World, so thank you for letting me know that there isn't.

Thanks,
Cody

p.s. I don't buy expensive shit, work buys expensive shit for me.  ;)

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 05:44:39 am »
Take a look at Windows' DPI scaling. Your only way to get the interfaces bigger is lowering the screen's resolution, or in the case of DPI scaling, the application only. Currently, we don't support in-game image scaling and we probably also won't support this for a very long time. It'd require to redraw every image in a higher resolution.
Pages: 1