The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Vili

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
No sound effects?
« on: January 07, 2018, 04:17:52 pm »
The only similar thread I could find was someone who did not have their music working.
My in-game music works fine, but not my sound effects. I have tried every volume option but I get nothing.
I have restarted the client and everything, I have had this issue for a few days now.
I am running the latest Java 64 bit. My sound was working fine a few weeks ago.
Please help.
VAK

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: No sound effects?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »
Have you recently updated sound drivers or Java? I haven't updated the sound system for a long time.

Offline Vili

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:42:42 pm »
Have you recently updated sound drivers or Java? I haven't updated the sound system for a long time.

Yes, I have the most recent java. So I guess that could be the issue? But the music works just fine.
VAK

Offline Vili

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:06 pm »
Actually, if I turn my sound up, I hear a soft sort of tick whenever there should be a sound effect and whenever the sound effect should have ended, and my volume mixer shows that sound should be playing--but I hear nothing. The same thing happens with in-game music except I can actually hear the music.
VAK

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:33:25 pm »
Can you try to make the application's sound louder then? :) It looks like it's working, but it's not loud enough.

Offline Vili

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:29 pm »
Can you try to make the application's sound louder then? :) It looks like it's working, but it's not loud enough.

No, it's not the volume, it just makes a soft tick sound instead of playing the sound effect.
VAK

Offline Vili

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
I found the solution, it was kind of stupid.
Only the music works unless my computer sound drivers are in stereo or mono mode--surround sound doesn't work with sound effects.
VAK

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 06:18:53 pm »
Awesome, thanks for the solution! :) Locking this topic now.
Pages: 1