The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ameer122

• Liked: 87 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Is it worth upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1?
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »
the title says it all ^

Offline Kylehaberlin

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:31 pm »
the title says it all ^
If your using your pc for gaming then I wouldn't upgrade

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:58:47 am »
No, Windows 7 is more stable. Afaik, Windows 7 is better for entering into safe mode in case if some issues happen to your pc, Windows 8 is troublesome. (There is a difference between both)

Windows 10 was also planned to be released end of this year, so I wouldn't really recommend it.

Offline Matrix2

• Liked: 55 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm an angel with a shotgun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:33:38 am »
Got a laptop with W8.1, used windows 7 earlier and for me I don't really think there's that much of a difference, 8.1 has this cool feature where if your pc shuts down while you're in a middle of something, next time you turn it on, everything will be as you left it. Also it loads much faster and the whole design of W8.1 looks so much better to me. But then again, that's just my opinion
The following users liked this post: Estpure16

Offline Karil

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 12:37:41 pm »
8.1 might confuse you at first, but i find it a very fast OS to work with currently. I customized my options to work mostly like windows 7
The only noticable change is the tiled tablet-like start menu, but you won't use it much and for the rest the OS is a lot faster and easier than windows 7. The windows explorer client (not the browser, the interface where you look through your libraries folders and files etc) works the same as windows 7. It doesn't have aero though, if you liked that theme on windows 7, but you can customize it to look like it.

Got a laptop with W8.1, used windows 7 earlier and for me I don't really think there's that much of a difference, 8.1 has this cool feature where if your pc shuts down while you're in a middle of something, next time you turn it on, everything will be as you left it. Also it loads much faster and the whole design of W8.1 looks so much better to me. But then again, that's just my opinion
Yes that's nice about windows 8

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:15:35 pm »
I used Windows 8 several times, and I find Windows 7 much more comfortable.
I dont know about performing tho.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 05:30:22 pm »
I tested both OS, I'll say Windows 7 is better overall, because it retained some Windows XP interface.

I am testing Windows 10 though, it is a fusion of windows 7 and windows 8, they combined both, to attract ppl from both Win7 and Win8 to use it.

Offline Hayden

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 07:15:33 am »
When upgrading my windows 8 to 8.1 I wasn't able to play java related games because it was an automatic update, 7 never did that to me, although 8.1 is actually really good imo because I've started to get the hang of it after using 7 for quite a bit..
Pages: 1