The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ranger 0wns

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't let others set your limit.
    • View Profile
Game crash/failure to load.
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:53:12 pm »
This only happens on my laptop when I'm trying to play Hardware renderer.  I wanted to use VBO mode but I can't use it on software renderer mode.  Whenever I do use hardware renderer, the game closes/crashes and gives me this message:

Not sure if this is a bug, or if my laptop just doesn't support it.

This is my laptop information:

Please help. <3

Mary

Re: Game crash/failure to load.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:52:16 pm »
Do you know what your graphics processor is and have you tried updating it's drivers yet?

ps you cant use vbo mode on software renderer by default because you dont need it on software renderer.

Google says it happens a lot on laptops with double graphic cards (integrated and regular). You can try fixing it by going into your graphic card settings and always pick for the regular card, not the intel integraded graphics. For nvidia you can find it here:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:56:00 pm by Mary »
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns

Offline Ranger 0wns

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:39:36 am »
Do you know what your graphics processor is and have you tried updating it's drivers yet?

ps you cant use vbo mode on software renderer by default because you dont need it on software renderer.

Google says it happens a lot on laptops with double graphic cards (integrated and regular). You can try fixing it by going into your graphic card settings and always pick for the regular card, not the intel integraded graphics. For nvidia you can find it here:

http://i.imgur.com/Ds0Dwi0.png

My graphics processor is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 manufacturer Intel corporation.  Date:  5/27/2015 and version 9.17.10.4229.  I believe I have the latest version for all the drivers since I recently updated quite a few of them.  I'm not sure how to change the settings like you did with your NVIDIA 3d settings, and my brothers tell me I don't have that or the "regular card, not the intel integraded graphics."  However they may be wrong lol.

This is what I have:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:07:23 am by Ranger 0wns »

Offline Ranger 0wns

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 05:17:11 am »
LOL I finally figured it out. It was really simple but for some reason I just couldn't get it and I gave up until just now I looked it up on google and managed to find a video that helps fix this problem. 

If anyone else has this problem, show them this video it will surely be helpful.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:31:15 am »
Thanks a lot, closing the topic now since it's resolved. :)
Pages: 1