The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
Re: Why I no longer play
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 07:45:23 am »
I heard my name. Why gotta do me bad charr

Forum banning the few regulars now leaves you with a dead forum.

How will I ever live without drugs in my life :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 09:56:19 am »
too much to read on this topic can some1 summarize it
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 10:33:51 am »

Charr is playing RS3.
Thomy should fix the economy.
Martin died last year.
Charr wants to ban people.
Eddie rwted billions.
Otto making fun of Wg.
WG should've been banned.

Incoherent arabic gibberish
Man your English has gone down the drain since you left the staff team.

I am sure that any person with more than 3 brain cells can still read and understand what I wrote above.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Division66, Blue Bird, Saif Nawaf, Caterpillar

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 11:35:54 am »

"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 11:38:32 am »

Charr is playing RS3.
Thomy should fix the economy.
Martin died last year.
Charr wants to ban people.
Eddie rwted billions.
Otto making fun of Wg.
WG should've been banned.

Incoherent arabic gibberish

I am sure that any person with more than 3 brain cells can still read and understand what I wrote above.
You forgot Crusher part :(

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 12:41:57 pm »
Thanks for your criticism. I am always looking at improving the game, but it's almost impossible to please every single player. You have mentioned the economy is in shambles, but what exactly are you trying to say? I cannot identify real issues with the game's economy. I state my point on data we have collected over the past year and charts everybody is able to view on the homepage.

My goal of optimizing the game's economy is to keep prices stable as well as the creation of supply and demand. We have a large collection of data for all trades on the Grand Exchange, let me show a few examples:
What all these plots have in common is that they have a pretty stable price. Yes, whips have increased in price since last year, but we've also introduced crystals to upgrade them. Meaning that these items don't lose their value and that they are in demand. You can argue that a smaller playerbase makes it more difficult to buy and sell items. Yes, I do agree and that's why I'm spending most of my time on advertising the game right now.

Some post here feel like frustration and hatred for the game. I've tried to argue and discuss such aspects, but from my experience this leads nowhere but even more frustration for both sides. Hence I will ignore such posts as well as possibly censor them and issue punishments if it's against the rules. I will take feedback and complaints seriously as long as they aim at helping the game and are not hypocritical.

If anybody is interested and doesn't already know about it, that's my personal development board:
https://trello.com/b/QGPVa5en/emps-world
The board contains progress and notes about upcoming updates and a backlog of things that are planned or have been discussed and could or will be put into the game.
The following users liked this post: Jandor, Tulrak, Bluesunrunne

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:38 pm »
Thanks for your criticism. I am always looking at improving the game, but it's almost impossible to please every single player. You have mentioned the economy is in shambles, but what exactly are you trying to say? I cannot identify real issues with the game's economy. I state my point on data we have collected over the past year and charts everybody is able to view on the homepage.

My goal of optimizing the game's economy is to keep prices stable as well as the creation of supply and demand. We have a large collection of data for all trades on the Grand Exchange, let me show a few examples:
What all these plots have in common is that they have a pretty stable price. Yes, whips have increased in price since last year, but we've also introduced crystals to upgrade them. Meaning that these items don't lose their value and that they are in demand. You can argue that a smaller playerbase makes it more difficult to buy and sell items. Yes, I do agree and that's why I'm spending most of my time on advertising the game right now.

Some post here feel like frustration and hatred for the game. I've tried to argue and discuss such aspects, but from my experience this leads nowhere but even more frustration for both sides. Hence I will ignore such posts as well as possibly censor them and issue punishments if it's against the rules. I will take feedback and complaints seriously as long as they aim at helping the game and are not hypocritical.

If anybody is interested and doesn't already know about it, that's my personal development board:
https://trello.com/b/QGPVa5en/emps-world
The board contains progress and notes about upcoming updates and a backlog of things that are planned or have been discussed and could or will be put into the game.
Having a stable price doesn't actually mean anything other than that the market may be stagnant. In a healthy economy most used items like consumables should every once in a while have a sudden spike in price when some event motivates a lot of people to buy them and then a period where the price smooths down to a lower price as the supply catches up to the increase in demand when people start collecting the items due to the price increase and then as the price gets lower again the rate at which the supply increases should slow down allowing for another sudden spike in demand to cause a sudden spike in price. If that doesn't happen then it's a good sign that there's way too much supply and the demand is unable to catch up.

The spike in price should look like what can be seen on the Abyssal whip prices between 01.01.18 and 01.02.18 followed by the price slowly going back to what it was before the sudden spike. The goal should be to get more item prices to look like that and then we could assume that we might have a healthy balance of supply and demand.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:22:41 am by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 03:51:23 pm »
Started from a reason why Charr no longer play... now we here.

Let's go into General Discussions or something cause this escalated big big time and way off-topic. No disrespect whatsoever.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 06:19:38 pm »

Let's go into General Discussions or something cause this escalated big big time and way off-topic. No disrespect whatsoever.

Charr started with giving criticism on the game, and that's what every post afterwards has been, and thus everything here in on-topic. There is no point in creating another topic for the same exact subject.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Kaner, Caterpillar

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »

Charr started with giving criticism on the game, and that's what every post afterwards has been, and thus everything here in on-topic. There is no point in creating another topic for the same exact subject.
Fair enough. Let it be. You, my friend, are ex-Forum moderator and you know it better.

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 08:03:58 pm »

Fair enough. Let it be. You, my friend, are ex-Forum moderator and you know it better.
You don't need a superficial rank on some rsps forum to have a grasp of common sense :LUL:

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 98 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 08:28:29 pm »
i just wanna say i appreciate whatever thomer is doing and that i love this game
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Blue Bird, Tulrak

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 01:14:58 pm »
Why?
The following users liked this post: Avenus, Skill0wzer, Kaner, Bluestorm, Blue Bird, Ameer, Cjkinsey6, Jandor, Tulrak, Caterpillar

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »
gonna post this one comment, because of the nostalgic feelings i have towards this game.

everything Charr said is true and in my opinion, a little bit understated. the staff team is an absolute joke, always was and always will be. HOSTING EVENTS WILL NOT DO SHIT IF SOON THERE WON'T BE ANY PEOPLE TO HOST THE EVENTS TO and recruiting people to the staff team because they're DECENT players who just do not break any rules is a bad idea. quality over quantity. let me elaborate - it doesn't matter how many people with a couple too many chromosomes you recruit if they turn a blind eye to half the shit that's going on in the community. Recruit people who have an outstanding record for editing wiki pages, writing guides or at least always helping out with the emps world chat for, at the very least, a few months.

A point that wasn't mentioned is that this rsps needs a drastic change. a few months back there was this hot discussion about adding an old school emps world server into the game and it ended with Thomy brushing off the project as being too risky. well, look where that got you. in the most recent emps world trailer, it was mentioned that emps has 100+ players, yeah, nice joke, last i logged in (a few weeks ago) it didn't even have 40 at peak.

in conclusion, either do something bold about the current situation or just shut down emps world overall and stop wasting everyone's time.

p.s was nice chatting with you charr, even though the chats didn't always end on the same note.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:44 pm »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5