The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Some combat based questions
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:08:23 pm »
Can the onyx bolts effect hit trough range prayer and deal the extra damage without taking the protection prayer into consideration? I know this is possible with entchanted dragon bolts.

Is there a way to calculate clawspec's total maxhit?

Is the Area of effect damage from AOE spells  (barrages, bursts) random? Is it a percentage of the actual hit?

Do items with (G) or (Sp) kits drop on death as the loot for the opponent in the wilderness? Or do they act as Fury (T)/vigour?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Some combat based questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:33:30 pm »
No. D bolts (e)'s extra damage is dragonfire.

Yes. I'm not 100% sure but I thought the hits were 100%, 50%, 25%, 25%.

It can hit the same as the normal hit afaik.

Depends on if they're tradable or not, I can't recall which are and which aren't.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:44:23 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:39:21 pm »
The base hit of the onyx bolts (e) is reduced by 50% by protect from missiles, the extra damage from the special effect is not. So it's possible to hit 50's through prayer.
The following users liked this post: Charr

Mary

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »
onyx bolt extra damage is classified as ranged damage, but so is dragon e bolts extra dmg (you just hit 0 if dragonfire protection), so both damage instances should be reduced by prayer protection (reduced by 40%) unless this is calculated after the actual hit and this after the prayer protection is applied, but i don't know this.

Claws spec is 115% of normal hit strength, and 120% of normal hit accuracy

Normal: First hit is anything of the full 115% normal hit, second is half dmg, third and forth are a quarter.
If the first hit hits zero, the second hit has a chance to hit full 115%. If this happens, then the third and fourth hit will be half of 115% instead of a quarter
if the first hit does not hit zero, it will continue as normal
if the first hit is an odd number then the third and fourth hit will have +1 hit (essentially a 50% chance)

Multihit for spells are all randomly calculated (essentially a random number between 0 and max hit, just like every regular hit)

The untradable kit item will drop as itself, it does not show up for others
The following users liked this post: Ironmandommy

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »
onyx bolt extra damage is classified as ranged damage, but so is dragon e bolts extra dmg (you just hit 0 if dragonfire protection), so both damage instances should be reduced by prayer protection (reduced by 40%) unless this is calculated after the actual hit and this after the prayer protection is applied, but i don't know this.

Normal: First hit is anything of the full 115% normal hit, second is half dmg, third and forth are a quarter.
If the first hit hits zero, the second hit has a chance to hit full 115%. If this happens, then the third and fourth hit will be half of 115% instead of a quarter
if the first hit is an odd number then the third and fourth hit will have +1 hit (essentially a 50% chance)

Multihit for spells are all randomly calculated (essentially a random number between 0 and max hit, just like every regular hit)

The initial hit of an AoE spell determines how high the spell can hit on surrounding targets. The damage dealt to surrounding enemies cannot be higher than the damage dealt to the initial target.

Mary

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »

The initial hit of an AoE spell determines how high the spell can hit on surrounding targets. The damage dealt to surrounding enemies cannot be higher than the damage dealt to the initial target.
uuh yeah im sorry its written strange. Theres a term for the 'max hit'  and the 'hitdiff' you actually deal. For the surrounding hits (also hitdiff) the game will take a random value between 0 and hitdiff, and hitdiff = maxhit, but in this case hitdiff is the initial dealt damage.
also for some damn reason thomy named it orginalHit instead of originalHit so i missed it lol
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:10:23 pm by Mary »

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 12:03:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure i've had the AOE hit deal more damage than the initial hit, not going 100% on this one though im quite sure.
Pages: 1