The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jassojite

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi I'm new and I got a question
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:02:32 pm »
So yes I'm kinda new and today I've decided to follow the emps-world page on facebook but I got a little problem.

I saw there was event on facebook for winning EP points that ask us to comment our game account with our real facebook account. The problem is that I'm very very very ugly Irl and I don't want to receive harrasment from others players about how ugly I am. Is there any other way to participate to these events without using our in real life information (facebook) the reason why I got this question is because today I saw that an account was banned for saying the Irl name of another player in Emps-world clan chat.
Like this facebook contest break the rules by itself because it makes us giving our Irl name and just humen told me that it was illegal to give it ING. But everyone could know my name with that contest and see how ugly i am.

Thanks you for reading this and I would really like that someone could comment on this post to explain me why we can get banned for saying player in real life name. Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:13:52 pm by Magecrune »

Mary

Re: Hi I'm new and I got a question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 05:19:57 pm »
There is a difference between giving out the private information of another player and your own private information. Ofcourse you are free to give your own private information.
The reason why this tag contest is on facebook is because by giving out rewards we are able to reach your friends who are maybe interested in playing our game. You can always adjust your facebook privacy settings so other people from the emps facebook cannot view your profile. Although your profile picture is always visible to anyone on facebook so i guess you have to change that to something different that doesn't show you when you want to keep that private.

Offline Jassojite

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 05:21:17 pm »
There is a difference between giving out the private information of another player and your own private information. Ofcourse you are free to give your own private information.
The reason why this tag contest is on facebook is because by giving out rewards we are able to reach your friends who are maybe interested in playing our game. You can always adjust your facebook privacy settings so other people from the emps facebook cannot view your profile. Although your profile picture is always visible to anyone on facebook so i guess you have to change that to something different that doesn't show you when you want to keep that private.

Thanks for youre nice answer I will look to change my facebook setting  ;D

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
It's not illegal to share your name, however we do not advise that. On the other hand, sharing information about other people, especially without their permission, is not allowed.
Names, along with many other things, are considered as personal information. If such information gets to the wrong hands, there might be severe consequences.
Because of the possible security issues and a person's right to privacy, we can't tolerate such things.

When it comes to your facebook account and those contests, they do not break the rules, since people are willing to share it themselves.
Since all you have to do is comment, changing your privacy settings is enough, but as Mary said, your picture will still be visible. The other option is to create another account, which doesn't have your full name, pictures etc.
Pages: 1