The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Gameplay or FPS or tick issue idk
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:38 pm »
Before today's update I was able to have the unlimited FPS option with smooth gameplay at over 100 FPS. However, now it's lagging a bit with that option and now I am forced to choose the 60 FPS option to make it smooth. That option was a life saver when I was at the G.E but now I can't use it as it will lag more  :'(

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:59:30 pm by Archer »

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay or FPS or tick issue idk
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:06:55 pm »
More FPS mean that the game runs smoother. However (depending on your laptop / computer) uncapping FPS will also take all resources of your computer. I recommend keeping it at 60 if that works? Your FPS will increase or decrease depending on how high the graphic settings are. I recommend trying to find something that works for you, but I'd never let it run uncapped. That unnecessarily heats up your computer.
The following users liked this post: Archer

Offline Archer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:09:06 pm »
Of course it works, no problem but the thing is when I am at GE FPS goes down to 30 ish, meanwhile before I had 60 at least with the unlimited option.

Offline Archer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:09:51 pm »
More FPS mean that the game runs smoother. However (depending on your laptop / computer) uncapping FPS will also take all resources of your computer. I recommend keeping it at 60 if that works? Your FPS will increase or decrease depending on how high the graphic settings are. I recommend trying to find something that works for you, but I'd never let it run uncapped. That unnecessarily heats up your computer.

Yeah you are right :)
I will try to adjust the graphic settings then. Thank you Thomy <3
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:13:48 pm by Archer »

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 04:54:39 pm »
Recently we have a lot more players at the GE. The most expensive operation in emps for rendering currently is displaying players or npcs. That probably explains the fps drops at crowded areas. :)
Pages: 1