The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Accuracy formula
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:10:39 am »
What's the formula that determines a players accuracy versus another player?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Accuracy formula
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 12:55:52 am »
accuracy =  (1.0 + ((attack level + (% prayerbonus * attack level))*(weapon accuracy bonus + (c.weaponFightType)) /64)  /5  )* 1.40

enjoy

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Ironman Jack

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:44:22 am »
accuracy =  (1.0 + ((attack level + (% prayerbonus * attack level))*(weapon accuracy bonus + (c.weaponFightType)) /64)  /5  )* 1.40

enjoy
What does the variable c.weaponFightType mean? Bonus you get when using the accuracy mode? Also this doesn't take into account the defensive bonusses of your opponent. I am interested in the hit chance vs another player.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:50:05 pm by Lars »

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:15:55 am »

enjoy
What does the variable c.weaponFightType mean? Bonus you get when using the accuracy mode? Also this doesn't take into account the defensive bonusses of your opponnent. I am interested in the hit chance vs another player.
I think each weapon has a number that replaces the word she said, she said that as of "X" weapon

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Revolutions

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:40:39 pm »

enjoy
What does the variable c.weaponFightType mean? Bonus you get when using the accuracy mode? Also this doesn't take into account the defensive bonusses of your opponnent. I am interested in the hit chance vs another player.

i believe the fighting styles in thespecial tab and etc thomy said when the opengl and combat rework that each style gives u different bonuses like accuracy, strength and def

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:28:59 pm »
It's the fighting style yeah. I was unable to find what it exactly represented and I think the influence is fairly small so I left it as a variable. I think it is 5 for accuracy based styles (first style), but i'm not sure.

Also you asked for the accuracy, not def bonus, but here is your opponents def bonus too

Defence = 1.0 + ((deflevel + %prayerbonus *deflevel)*( melee def +1)/64)/5

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:22:13 pm »
It's the fighting style yeah. I was unable to find what it exactly represented and I think the influence is fairly small so I left it as a variable. I think it is 5 for accuracy based styles (first style), but i'm not sure.

Also you asked for the accuracy, not def bonus, but here is your opponents def bonus too

And how are these 2 formulas combined to determine the hit chance? Like what's the chance your hit will not be a 0 when accuracy is 100 and defense is 50?

Oh and thank you for searching through the code, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:30:18 pm by Lars »

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 05:45:13 pm »

And how are these 2 formulas combined to determine the hit chance? Like what's the chance your hit will not be a 0 when accuracy is 100 and defense is 50?

Oh and thank you for searching through the code, I appreciate it.
A random number between 0 and accuracy and a random number between 0 and defence gets grabbed, if accuracy random number is higher than defence random number then you actually hit something, the hit gets defined as a random number between 0 and your max hit.

Offline Tonto

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
  • Bitter King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »
You're not going to be able to come up with a function that'll accurately determine the outcome each time, it works with java's random. You can determine a baseline for what it COULD be. It's very situational what the accuracy formula returns.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:59 pm »
All right thank you.
Pages: 1