The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Tormented Demons
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:39:24 am »
First to start off this guide I think I should lay down some foundation, Tormented demons are VERY powerful and I wouldn't suggest killing them unless you can afford some decent gear, which I will suggest below.

Background: Tormented Demons were added into Emps on September 29, 2015. They're level 450 and can be found in the Varrock slayer dungeon. They can be acquired as a slayer task at 77 slayer and give 2,800 slayer xp each. They do not auto attack you. They use the three attack styles (melee, range, and mage) and can protect from all three attack styles also. I would suggest just turning on protect from melee and using Piety. They also surround themselves in a fire cage (picture below) like animation that will reflect damage on you that you do to them your next hit, it doesn't always work though. The last thing you need to worry about with these demons is that once their health drops below half they go into a mode called "enrage". You will know this mode has been entered once the red skull appears above their head. This will boost the tormented demons stats a little, but will also drop their protection prayer. A total of 4 can be spawned in the area at a time.

Inventory and Gear:
You can bring Mantas if you prefer, I was using Seas because I was out of mantas. The max hit I've been hit by is a 42 so far, so keep your HP high because if it were to hit a 42 on you and then it uses it's fire cage special and you hit a 38 on them, you could be in serious trouble. I would only bring 1 prayer potion because you normally kill 4-5 demons per trip so you shouldn't need to use more than 3-4 doses. I would also bring the Dragon Halberd for its special attack which double hits on these monsters. I've been very successful with the Halberd with my max hit so far being a 42-40. Ferocious Ring: This ring can be found from any slayer master for 150 slayer points. It will allow you to teleport to either Rellekka slayer dungeon, Varrock Slayer dungeon, God Wars Dungeon, or Slayer Tower. It has 5 uses. For this task you will want this to teleport you to the Varrock slayer dungeon.

On a side note, ranging is a really efficient way to get a couple more kills in a load. However, you must have the correct gear to do so. I would suggest full 3rd age range for your armor just for the extra defense boost, which you'll most likely want. I didn't have a full set of 3rd age range at this given moment, but I will show you what I wore. I would bring the Dark bow and dragon arrows just for the special attack, I found it very handy when killing the Demon when it was Enraged. However, if you hit it with the dark bow and it is in it's fire cage, you will get hit with both hits you hit on it with a dark bow, which could potentially be very deadly. A safe spot for them is listed below. It is found in the Southern location of the Tormented Demons.

How to get there:
Varrock Way:
If you're able to purchase the Ferocious ring that I explained above, it will automatically teleport you to right in front of the dungeon, so you will still need to follow the dungeon map below

If you do not have a ring follow the map below.

Lumbridge Way:
First you need to teleport to Lumbridge, after that just simply follow the maps below.

Drop table:

The Crystal drops are what everyone mainly kills them for. These crystals can be used on Elemental Bows (obtained from Chaos Elemental), Abyssal Whips or Donator whips, or the Elemental Staff (obtained from Chronozon).

Enrage mode:

Big thank you to Charr for helping with some of the photos!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:39:28 pm by Callmedragon »
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, Ledomy10, R I P, Selene Gomez, Ironman Jack

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: Tormented Demons
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 04:26:56 am »
It's far easier and more cost efficient to use ranged with ranged protection and safespot, and the cage always works if you hit them while it's up.
Also, super melee potions would be better instead of super attack and strength.

Otherwise, it's a decent guide.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:29:46 am »
A few things you missed:
  • Tormented demons also attack with range
  • Pictures of them using the flame cage/enraging
  • Lumbridge cellar shortcut, making lumbridge teleports a viable option for those that dont have ferocious rings
  • Varrock teletabs
  • Killing them with ranged
  • You could directly copy the droptable from the wiki and it would look good, the onyx necklace, dboots and cboots are worth noting, for example
This aside, pretty solid guide. Well done!
;

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 08:40:15 am »
Damn, I was creating a guidd about them myself atm. It was almost finished...

Anyways, well done.

Offline Knights

• Liked: 21 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:38:38 pm »
A few things you missed:
  • Lumbridge cellar shortcut, making lumbridge teleports a viable option for those that dont have ferocious rings
  • Varrock teletabs
  • You could directly copy the droptable from the wiki and it would look good, the onyx necklace, dboots and cboots are worth noting, for example
and second location

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »
A few things you missed:
  • Varrock teletabs
I'll work on adding those in later today once I get out of class, thanks for the suggestions!
The following users liked this post: Darkzog, Ironman Jack

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:15:33 pm »
Nice guide Dylan!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Camlatty

• Liked: 131 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previous Emps-Scape, Emps World 23-05-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »
Nice guide bro! I wouldn't mind seeing how many estimated kills you get per trip also, maybe a Armour set up if you are without GA?

Great guide though bro!

Emps-World Player Moderator Since 17.10.15-13.02.16

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »
Nice guide bro! I wouldn't mind seeing how many estimated kills you get per trip also, maybe a Armour set up if you are without GA?

Great guide though bro!
Whether you have a GA or not, you don't need to change your setup.  You can easily get back in time to loot your items before they appear for anyone else.  It would actually be recommended to not use a GA for TD's (up to one's own discretion).
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird
Pages: 1