The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pking Guide
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:42:54 pm »
..¸‹•*°°*•¸.....¸‹•*°°*•¸................¸‹•*°*•¸
...........ˆ‹,,¸¸¸,›°.........¸‹•*°*•¸(r)..¸°..(r)......', Pking Guide
...................°‹,,¸¸¸,,›°.....°‹,,¸¸,,›°.......¸‹•*° ˆ °*•¸.......¸ ‹•*°*•¸
.................................................°‹,¸¸,›°...........°‹,¸¸,›°‹ , ¸¸¸.......°‹ , ¸¸¸

I didn't see any guide about Pking so far, so I decided to make a guide, spilling out everything I've learned since I started pking. My aim is to attract the attention of more players to try pking.

This PvP guide is meant to introduce the basics of PvP to the PvM and skilling communities

...,•°•¸
....'.,¸¸; Contents
..........'.,¸¸,‹^º•,¸
1. Main Pkers Gear
2. Tips
3. Things You Should Know
4. How To Be Good

...,•°•¸
....'.,¸¸; Main Pkers Gear
..........'.,¸¸,‹^º•,¸

This part assumes you have the following stats:
¤ At least 90 herblore (for the Position you will be using).
¤ At least 90 defense.
¤ At least 95 in your chosen combat style (both strength and attack for melee).
¤ At least 70 prayers (for Piety melee).
¤ At least 75 cooking & 70 fishing (for sharks).

These are the most popular gear main melee pkers use

If you don't have enough money or want to go on a budget you got to adjust the first gear by replacing the following:-

The two prayers you will mainly be using are: Protect item & Piety melee

In both gears you will use:-
  • Vengeance runes: Earth, Death, and Astral runes.
  • Position: Zamorak brew, Supper attack, Super defense, and prayer or super restore.
  • Food: Sharks, Sea Turtles, or Mantas.
  • Special weapon: Dragon dagger (p++), Godswords, Dragon claws, Dragon scimitar, or Granite maul. [NOT necessary]
  • Weapon that does the damage: Godswords, Zamorakian spear, or Gladiator maul. In case of DH set, you don't need one
  • Teleport tablets: any but personally I prefer Edge village teleport, so you get heal band and go back again.

...,•°•¸
....'.,¸¸; Tips
..........'.,¸¸,‹^º•,¸

I. Knock Out:

You can win a fight in one of two ways, make your opponent run out of food, or drop their life points to 0 before they manage to restore them back.

II. +1 item:

This is the item you keep on death provided you had your item protect prayer/curse enabled when you died, assuming you're skulled (25 Prayer)
Incase if you were NOT skulled we will be able to kill for items if you died
you gain a skull if you attacked a person before he attacks you
(an example of a skulled and unskulled player is shown in the figure below)

III. Important Mechanics:

1) You could help improve your pking skills by using the short keys on the keyboard [F1][F2][F3][F4][F5]
[F1] Inventory
[F2] Equipment
[F3] Prayer
[F4] Magic
[F5] Combat
start using one key at a time to get used to it and then start practicing the other. this is very useful in pking; it gives you the ability to be quick on using vengeance, special attack, eating, switching on prayer if it went off, and much more.

2) Vengeance is a very important in a fight you should know when to use it and when do you expected from your opponent. Vengeance is one of the Lunar Spells that rebounds 75% of the damage of the next hit back to their opponent. If the person you're fighting uses Vengeance then your hitpoint must be on average I would say between 69-76 do not eat more than that or you will be considered as a safer. And most importantly neither attack him with your special attack nor with your weapon that does a high amount of damage.

If your opponent takes out his zs or gs you can predict that he will use Vengeance and at the same time if you are fast enough it is the best timing to cast your  Vengeance because he will hit you with the zs or gs. However be careful because he will still have vengeance on so you have to be ready and eat if your HP dropped to low. Also, you can bait your opponent to make him use vengeance by taking ur gs or zs but not hitting him with it so that he uses vengeance and then you have 30 seconds to not worry about him casting vengeance.
This is an example of how to use vengeance when the person you're fighting pulls out a gs or zs

3) Whenever you're out of food or looting your kill switch on melee Anti-prayer. And if your looting then it depends on the players around you if they were a ranger use anti range but most commonly it would be melee.

...,•°•¸
....'.,¸¸; Things You Should Know
..........'.,¸¸,‹^º•,¸

• Do not fight someone that risks 1m more or less than you
  • You both should be skulled to have the same equal risk
  • Avoid fighting with rangers as beginner
  • Protect item should always be on even when you're not fighting
  • Check what item you're going to lose before a fight
  • Fighting a player with a dragon scimitar is very risky because the special attack could close your prayer and you might lose the item protected. So be more careful fighting them
  • Know your abilities
  • pay attention to your prayer it might finish and the fight didn't and you will lose the protected item
  • In case you were so low on health drink a brew and eat at the same time

...,•°•¸
....'.,¸¸; How To Be Good
..........'.,¸¸,‹^º•,¸

Reading this guide won't make you win in your fight. you will go to PvP and die over 20 times but the goal is not to rage quit you have to be patient and learn from your mistake and you opponent skills and abilities. On the other hand, you can practice PvPing with your friends and if you have a help from a Pker it would be better and he can give you some tips. you can practice pking with a friend at the Dueal arena or safe wilderness Al-Khaird(al khaird safe wilderness needs an active membership), there you won't lose items if you died. When done right, you should be able to avoid dying and fight someone who is going to prayer fight you, you'll be at a disadvantage. Get used to having your prayer dropped once in a while.

Thank this post if you found it useful it means a lot to me. And if there is anything missing feel free to let me know to add them and teach others ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:24:30 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Wg Iron, Ragemegusta

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pking Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »
I'm so confused about this "guide", I've only learned that to kill you have to hit your target until it dies, or use vengeance when your opponent changes into a spec weapon. The only useful thing that I've learned here was that you should never fight rangers when you're just a noob.

I just can't see the point of this guide.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »
I'm so confused about this "guide", I've only learned that to kill you have to hit your target until it dies, or use vengeance when your opponent changes into a spec weapon. The only useful thing that I've learned here was that you should never fight rangers when you're just a noob.

I just can't see the point of this guide.
you are totally right it is meant to just introduce pking to new comers. However, this guide includes the gears you will be using and some mistakes beginners e.g protect item a lot of players either lose their prayer or get d scmmyed and don't know that they have their prayer off and what makes them lose a gs from the first fight. then you will never find them in the wilderness.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:36:37 pm »
  • Spelling and grammar mistakes, while less than I expected, still occur.
  • This guide covers a lot of basic information, but I think you can go in depth with a lot more things
  • Special attack weapons are important, it's a lot easier to get KOs with them, I don't feel you talk about them enough
  • You should mention items with a special effect like spectral spirit shield, people should know them if they plan on pking a lot
  • You can fight anyone with any risk, as long as the difference isn't really high. 200k in value won't make too much of a difference in the fight.
You did better than I had anticipated, that's great.
;

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 12:04:18 pm »
Nice guide. I'll give for start 8,5/10 for effort you put in it.
Though, including more variety in gears, don't forget to mention the Pure Pking/Hybrid Pking/Tri-Brid Pking/Zerker Pking.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 05:33:06 pm »
Nice guide. I'll give for start 8,5/10 for effort you put in it.
Though, including more variety in gears, don't forget to mention the Pure Pking/Hybrid Pking/Tri-Brid Pking/Zerker Pking.
Thanks, hopefully I will make one for pures in the future.
Pages: 1