The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
[Moneymaking] Cockatrices and banshees
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »
This is a moneymaking guide that has a moderate amount of requirements to it. It's a great way to start rebuilding your bank if you lost it. This might be ever so slightly boring, I suggest you watch a movie or series while doing this. The money from this guide is in the items the monsters drop, you'll need to sell them.

Requirements:
  • Active membership
  • 63 slayer for cockatrices
  • 68 slayer for banshees
  • 43 prayer and decent combat stats, the higher the better
  • 60 agility for the shortcut (optional)
  • 55 magic for high alchemy (optional)
Setup/inventory:
This is a gear setup that is cheap and is good enough to get kills at a decent speed.

This is a gear setup that is fully optimized for getting kills as fast as possible.

What prayers you use depends on your setup a bit. Protect from melee stops all damage from both monsters, but you won't really need it as much if you have a setup with good defence. Piety speeds up kills and increase defence significantly, but it does drain prayer faster.

The first set would be an absolute minimum you need to kill both monsters somewhat efficiently. Upgrading this gear will vastly improve the amount of money you make per hour. I will make a few recommendations for to make your trips better.
  • (Elite) Void set

Absolutely fantastic stats for a cheap price. Void offers really great offensive stats, I'd recommend getting it. Please note that it only works when wearing a full set, and elite is significantly better than regular void.
  • Zamorakian spear & anger axe/mace

Zs is a great weapon in general. As for angers, their special effects work against both cockatrices and banshees, since they take up more than one square. They're great weapons.
  • Saradomin godsword

Flat out the best spec weapon for any kind of PvM like this. Saves supplies, makes your trips longer, allows healing while doing damage. Get one!
  • Salve amulet

Banshees are undead, so the salve amulet will work against them. It greatly increases your killspeed, I'd recommend using it if you have one. It is the best in slot amulet if you're fighting undead, far better than str (t).
  • Ferocious ring/Void seal

Both offer a direct teleport to the slayer tower, really speeds up getting supplies if you've ran out.
The monsters
Now for what you'll actually be doing if you plan to use this guide; killing either of these two monsters. They are both very similar in terms of money and requirements so I decided to put them in the same guide. These are their droptables.

The majority of their drops are stackable, and some can be alched. This means it's quite okay to stay for really long trips, which you'll easily be able to do in good gear. The main moneymakers are gonna be jangerberries and potato cacti. You will get one of them almost every kill.

They're both found on the second floor of slayer tower.

You can teleport out at the safespot if you don't have a teleport you can use in combat. I don't really recommend using it for range/mage as it's way slower than melee.

Loot
The speed at which you kill the monsters heavily depends on your stats and there is also some RNG to it, so I can't really give an item output per hour. Just know that you will get something worth a bit of money almost every kill. It really starts to add up over time.

Cockatrices

Things you should pick up:

Things you should use high alchemy on:

Things you should not pick up to save space:

Banshees

Things you should pick up:

Things you should use high alchemy on:

Things you should not pick up to save space:

Note: You should pick up all seeds except for guam

Additional notes
  • Banshees are slightly stronger and have slightly higher hp than cockatrices, but are way easier to kill if you have a salve amulet.
  • In gear with high defence bonuses you can stay afk for quite a while without the help of potions or prayer, just be wary no one picks up your drops
  • Bringing an ice shield and using protect from magic will prevent you from getting snared by the infernal mages on your way to either monster
  • The demand of both jangerberries and potato cacti has a lot of ups and downs, finding a buyer before you start getting them might not be a bad idea
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:52:23 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [Moneymaking] Cockatrices and banshees
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »
cheap setup and no stone ring?

fail guide

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:53:30 pm »
cheap setup and no stone ring?
Having no ring is cheaper than stone ring. Given that the stats a ring gives aren't super significant, I'd say leaving it out for the cheap setup is the better option.
;

Online Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:21:57 pm »
I was waiting you took you so long, https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19025.0.

Good guide.
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, Reporter007

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
Anger + salve are way faster than ZS + Str t for Banshees. Anger baxe in general is better than ZS.

I was waiting you took you so long, https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19025.0.

Good guide.

This is legit better money than most of the bosses in game tho. You can get 200+ potato cacti per hours which alone are worth 5m+ per hour. Been there done that on my ironman when collecting supplies for herblore.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:05:17 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:03:35 pm »
Anger + salve are way faster than ZS + Str t
I'll specify that salve beats str t in every way in the part about it. Can't say for sure about anger/zs, from what I've noticed zs outdoes anger axe but I could be wrong.

If I can write guides on subjects that benefit me as well as the people using them, then I will. It's a win win situation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:06:44 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Dodelijkebig

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »
So after reading this guide I thought let's try it out. In the picture below you can see what I got in like 1,5 hours of farming banshees and cockatrices, note after a while I realised with my noob gear it's smarter to farm cockatrices since it's faster. Only the berries and the potato cactus together were already worth like 5.6 m. So good way for poor people like me to get some money. Btw first time adding a picture to a post and I don't know if this is the right way to do or not.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Charr

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »
Btw first time adding a picture to a post and I don't know if this is the right way to do or not.
You can leave it as an attatchment like that, it works.

If you wanna put it inside the post you do this:
Code: [Select]
[img]image url here[/img]You can get the image url by uploading the image to an image sharing site (imgur.com is the one I use), right clicking the image and clicking copy image url.

Thanks for showing, glad to see people use the guide.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:17:06 pm »
Anger + salve are way faster than ZS + Str t
I'll specify that salve beats str t in every way in the part about it. Can't say for sure about anger/zs, from what I've noticed zs outdoes anger axe but I could be wrong.

Anger has superior maxhit and attack speed. ZS has 10 accuracy over angers but that's rather irrelevant at non-boss monsters.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 11:15:34 pm »
Anger has superior maxhit and attack speed. ZS has 10 accuracy over angers but that's rather irrelevant at non-boss monsters.
Pls test ty
;

Offline Verteidiger

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:52 pm »
Its is really one good guide, made 5,5m/hour. But collected only jangers, rune plates, d mace, coins and arrowtips. And I used range.

Loot                                                            Armor                                             Inventory

And killed 1h banshees, same inventory, same armor, but salve ammy. Profit . 5,7m. Sold potatoes 30k ea.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:53:43 pm by Verteidiger »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Charr

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 01:30:49 am »
NOTE: dont be like me and die there while afking :'(
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Bluestorm, 3st Ranger X
Pages: 1