The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Low level combat exp/money
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:11:56 pm »
I. Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Charr. I've been on emps since late 09, though under various different names.
I decided to make a new account after I heard emps was back and here I am.
So just after i hitting up the goblins outside of barb and getting my stats high enough to wear my rune armour, I decided to go to hill giants.
After training there to 70 in every melee stat, banking all of the valuable drops I noticed how good their drops actually are, so I decided to make a guide.

II. Hill giants

For this guide we will be killing hill giants, they're low combat, low defence, and have quite good drops for how easy they are to kill.
They are 28 combat and have 67 hitpoints, they do have a maxhit of 8, so don't forget to wear good armor or bring food. They also drop big bones every kill, which is good prayer exp if you're low level.
There are no real requirements for stats or armour, though i do recommend you to get your stats up to at least 40 if you're meleeing. As for ranged and magic, hill giants can be safespotted at multiple places.
Hill giants are found inside the Edgeville dungeon and deeper into the Taverly dungeon, both easily accessed by a teleport to barbarian village that can be found on your quest tab.
These can also be killed by pures.

III. Getting there

Edgeville dungeon:
Start by teleporting to barbarian village, follow the route on the map below. Enter the house and go down the staircase and you'll be at hill giants.

Taverly dungeon:
Start by teleporting to barbarian village, in the middle of the cluster of ores you'll see an entrance, climb down in and you'll be inside traverly dungeon.
Next follow the route on the map below and you'll be at hill giants.

While the Taverly dungeon spot does take a while longer to walk to, it is usually less crowded. The spot at the Edgeville dungeon is a well known training spot,
and a lot of people don't know there are hill giants in the Taverly dungeon.

IV. Drops

Every hill giant you kill will drop big bones, these give 220 exp in prayer when buried. This makes hill giants a good spot for training prayer alongside other skills.

The drops that will sell to other players for a bit of coin are:
Grimy ranarr - 10-15k each
Grimy irit - 10k each
Limpwurt root - 10k each

Drops you should sell to the general store or alch:
Rune scimitar - 12k (gen store), 15k (high alch)
Adamant crossbow - 14k (gen store), 18k (high alch)

V. Tips

In barbarian village there is a 'fish monger' that sells low level food and potions. If you don't have much food on your own, i'd suggest buying some trout.
The attack and strength potions he sells can also make you train a bit faster if you're using melee.

And that's the end of my guide, I hope you enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:03:43 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Middboyy

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Low level combat exp/money
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »
Nice guide! would definitely help some people.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Mod Mary

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:32:08 pm »
I like it, but it could have some other methods, like making bowstrings (noncombat though), training on wizards for zamorak wines (sell for 20k ea and teletabs are really useful), and moss giants. Tree spirits also have chances on some noted high level logs. Werewolves in canifis are good for bit mid-range leveled players and heroes (ice mountain) drop rune pieces that could build up your starter armour. Also dagannoths are good for midrange players, they drop the bones, high herbs and fremennik helms.

Non combat suggestions are making bowstrings, filling vials, rune essence mining (sells 1k ea very easily) and coal mining (harder but more profitable). Rest of the skills are only profitable on high level so wont mention those.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 04:49:13 am »
I like it, but it could have some other methods, like making bowstrings (noncombat though), training on wizards for zamorak wines (sell for 20k ea and teletabs are really useful), and moss giants. Tree spirits also have chances on some noted high level logs. Werewolves in canifis are good for bit mid-range leveled players and heroes (ice mountain) drop rune pieces that could build up your starter armour. Also dagannoths are good for midrange players, they drop the bones, high herbs and fremennik helms.

Non combat suggestions are making bowstrings, filling vials, rune essence mining (sells 1k ea very easily) and coal mining (harder but more profitable). Rest of the skills are only profitable on high level so wont mention those.
It is a nice guide but like Mary has said, a few other methods could be added. :D
Pages: 1