The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
Kalphite Queen Killing Guide
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:04:09 pm »
    Kalphite Queen Killing Guide

Catalogue

I.   Introduction
    II.   Requirements
    III.   Location
    IV.   Killing strategy
    V.   Other

I. Introduction

Kalphite Queen is one of the 11 bosses in Emps-World, located in South Al-Kharid, Kalphite Hive. As she is at Al-Kharid, you will need active membership to be able to get there. Kalphite Queen, also known as KQ, is known for its trimmed amulet drops: amulet of strength (t), amulet of glory (t) and amulet of magic (t). It’s a strong boss, so I don’t recommend you to kill it by yourself if you don’t have decent gear and stats.

II. Requirements:

1.   Active membership
    2.   Range/Magic & Defence level 90+, Prayer level 70+
    3.   Decent range/mage gear
    4.   Rope
    5.   Antipoison/Poison purge

• I have stated the reason for the 1st and 2nd requirement in the introduction, so I’m not going to talk about it more at this section. KQ hits quite hard with all combat styles, so you will need a good gear to kill it. Here I have listed some gears that you could use. You can also use other equipment.

Helm: Armadyl Helmet/Third-age range coif/Void ranger/mage/melee helm/Battle robe hood/Bandos Helm
    Body: Armadyl chestplate/Third-age range top/Void knight top/Battle robe top/Bandos Chestplate
    Legs: Armadyl chainskirt/Third-age range legs/Void knight robe/Battle robe bottom/Bandos Tasset
    Boots: Glaiven boots (range)/Ranger boots/Ragefire boots (magic)/Battle robe boots/Steadfast boots
    Gloves: Armadyl Gloves/Barrow gloves/Void Knight gloves/Battle robe gloves/Bandos gloves
    Ring: Ring of Vigour/Ring of Stone/Imbued Fremennik Rings
    Cape: Max cape/Ava’s accumulator/Abyssal Cape/God capes/Fire Cape
    Amulet: Amulet of Fury/Amulet of glory (t)/Amulet of Ranging/Amulet of Magic (t)/Amulet of Strenght (t)
    Weapon: God bow/Hunters’ crossbow/Dragon dart/Rod of Ivandis/Zuriel’s staff/Staff of light/Zamorakian spear/Anger axe
    Shield: Divine spirit shield/Dragonfire shield/Elysian spirit shield/Ice shield
    Arrows: God arrows/Dragon arrows/Dragon bolts (e)/Onyx bolts (e)/Emerald bolts (e)
    Aura: Poison purge/Vampyrism

An inventory you could have:

• If you are using Void range/mage set, I also suggest you to bring Void melee helm and a Saradomin Godsword. It is very useful, since it can heal your hitpoints and prayer points. Use SGS special attack on Kalphite Guardians, since they have lower defence. Having SGS in inventory is optional though.

To get to KQ, you will also need a rope. You can buy it from Brian, who is located at Draynor Village. The rope costs 23 coins. If you teleport there, you will teleport to the “Blue dot”. Brian is at the “Red dot”.

• KQ melee attacks also deal poison damage, which starts from 1, and goes up to 15. That is why it is good to have (super)antipoison potion or poison purge. If you don’t bring any of these, the poison will deal quite a significant amount of damage in the long run.

III. Location

As stated before, KQ locates at Kalphite Hive. You can get there with following steps:
    1.   Teleport to Al-Kharid, and then go to South direction, as marked in the picture. Climb down the “Tunnel entrance”. (“Blue dot” is the place you will get teleported. “Red dot” is where the “Tunnel entrance” is.)

2.   Now you are in Kalphite Hive upper level. You will be at the yellow arrow after you climbed down the “Tunnel entrance”. Follow the blue line marked on the picture to get to the red dot.

3.   When you are there, you will see a “Tunnel entrance”. Use “rope” on it, and then you can climb down the “Tunnel entrance”. Now you are at lower level of Kalphite Hive. KQ is there. (“Red dot” is the place KQ will spawn, “Orange dot” are the places Kalphite guardian will spawn, “Black dot” are the 2 safespots I recommend to use.)

IV. Killing Strategy

KQ is a monster with 2 forms, just like Corporeal Beast. When the 1st form dies, the 2nd one will pop out. Besides that, both of those forms also have protection prayer. The 1st form has protection from Magic and Range, while the 2nd form has protection from Melee. KQ hits with all combat styles, so using only one protection prayer won’t neglect all the damage.

KQ's magic attack is a lightning discharge directed at you. However, the animation is slow enough that in the reaction time, you can switch another prayer protection to protect from Magic, and reduce the damage inflicted to you. KQ will attack with a magic attack if you see some electricity between her antennae. After the magic attack has landed, switch back to your original prayer protection. (Note that KQ’s magic attack will drain your prayer points, regardless of the inflicted damage.)

KQ's Range attack is though much faster, and you can’t switch the protection prayer in that time.

SOLO:
    • Melee: Using melee is quite simple. Use protect Melee, and switch to protect from Magic when KQ is about to use magic attack. That way you can reduce the damage magic attack will normally inflict to you.
    • Range/Magic: Killing the KQ from safespot won’t let her to attack you with melee, which is one of the reason why to use range/magic to kill her. If you lure the KQ to the safespot in right order, you can also avoid Kalphite Guardians’ hits. They can hit up to 20.
    • Now KQ can hit you with magic and range attacks. At the start, use protect from Range. When KQ is about to use Magic attack, switch to protect from Magic, and then switch back to protect from range. Using this strategy requires you to focus for the whole time, constantly switching prayers. However, doing this notably reduces the damage you will receive. Within all this business, remember to keep an eye on your prayer points, and drink prayer potions once in a while.

Here are the screenshots from the 2 safespots you could attack the KQ.

• If you are using void set, I highly suggest you to bring melee and range/magic gear. Kill the 1st form with melee, and the 2nd form with range/magic increases your killing speed pretty much. Using only one combat style, killing one KQ takes around 3 minutes. If you use hybrid combat, it takes a bit more than 2 minutes. It is recommended to use this tactic also if you are killing it with your friend(s).

V. Others

Droptable

• The rumour about that the guy who deals most damage to the 2nd form will get the drop is not true. I tested this myself: player who deals most damage in total gets the drop. I think this also applies on Corporeal Beast.

• Here is a video about how to get there, and how to kill it, if it wasn’t very clear from my guide. There were some copyrights-issue about music, so I ended up to the decision with no music. Play your own music on the background if it gets boring  ;).

• If you don’t know about an item I mentioned in the guide, you can always search about it from Emps-Wiki. It has been created for a good reason.

• This was my first guide, also that video was my first edit ever (yeah, I totally have no clue how to make good videos, it doesn’t even have background music). Any feedback is welcomed.

Credits:
    Emps-Wiki team – Thanks for the full droptable and the basic information
    Charr, Someone12116, Magecrune, Ameer - For good feedback how to make this guide better
    Pk r4nge98 - For giving me 3rd robe

Sources:
    http://keywordsuggest.org/gallery/9468.html - The picture of KQ[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:47:04 pm by Division66 »
    The following users liked this post: Pk Range99, Gajeel

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    Re: Kalphite Queen Killing Guide
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:41:25 pm »
    That's a nice and well-written guide! I'm sure players will find this helpful, and I'm not trying to be mean by saying this, but.. https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=5452.0
    But still, this guide is way more up to date and detailed.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:06:01 am »
    • 70 prayer is what you should be recommending, piety is kind of mandatory, more levels just conserve prayer pot doses.
    • Why have your loadouts taking up a screen's worth of space if you could condense it into this: (used stuff from my ess mining guide as example)

It literally makes all three setups viewable without having to move your eyes or mouse wheel. Stat values aren't regarded at important, so long as you provide the best setup.
    • Third range is completely out of the picture despite being able to negate a severe amount of the damage everything deals
    • Max cape over ava in a recommended setup aka how to make people think being maxed is required.
    • Missing a "budget" setup but that is kind of understandable given KQ's attacks.
    • +1 accuracy from archer's ring over vigour is worth it when you're not really using your spec wep during the kill
    • At over 10 minutes for a single kill with range while safespotting, I am really starting to wonder if it's the best tactic. It takes like three minutes with a void setup and zs solo. Granted it consumes a whole inventory of food when done without prayer switching but it seems like there wasn't a lot of testing.
    • Pray switching KQ needs more emphasis, it nullifies a tremendous amount of damage. It might even justify safespotting since that makes it a tad bit more doable.
    • Try out diamond (e) for the range prayer, it might help. Not 100% sure they might only take the boss' defence into account.
    • Screenshot of the droptable would be nice.
    • Your guide feels really big despite it not being all that long. I don't feel making the majority of text big helps in any way shape or form.
    • This list thing I'm currently using is quite a nice way of emphasizing things.
    Disclaimer: I'm by no means saying it's a bad guide, I'm just leaving feedback for you to improve it.

That's a nice and well-written guide! I'm sure players will find this helpful, and I'm not trying to be mean by saying this, but.. https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=5452.0
    Outdated, looks a lot worse than this one, generally this guide destroys it in any way shape or form.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:11:09 am by Charr »
    ;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
    • +0/-0
    • I drink and I know things
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 11:04:00 am »
    It's easier to simply stay at melee range and use melee protect because the magic attack drains your prayer even if you protect against it.

Missing a "budget" setup but that is kind of understandable given KQ's attacks.

Void is the budget and the best setup at the same time.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 12:14:30 pm »
    Good guide, 7/10

For me, I'll use morrigan, d darts (p+ ), divine over the items you mentioned, however that might be expensive compared to the items it will drop ( if you're doing it for fun / slayer tasks and not giving a shit about what you're rewarded from it )

Archer ring (i) over stone, and ofc Auras can be very useful there ( Poison purge or even sharpshooter )

Again the items I mentioned above if you're looking for a fast kill without having to worry about banking from time to time.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
    Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
    Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
    Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:09:20 pm »
    Nicely done m8
    "The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 05:21:50 pm »
    Good effort, nicely done. 9/10 from me :)

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 09:25:07 pm »
    It's a nice guide and all, but why on earth are you using long range instead of rapid???

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
    • +0/-0
    • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 12:24:29 pm »
    I have made some changes based on the feedback.

It's a nice guide and all, but why on earth are you using long range instead of rapid???

I just forgot to switch it  :P
    The following users liked this post: Pk Range99

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
    • +0/-0
    • We'll live to fight another day!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:45:12 pm »
    I have no problem with this guide whatsoever although builds might be too harsh on lower level players, but we are dealing with boss so you need something good to get something good. I was looking for KQ guide, thank you for this guide. I give 9/10.
    Skill
    Beloved member since 2009
    King of Empsland

Offline Jimmyb13

• Liked: 54 times
    • +0/-0
    • Emps player since 2008
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
    Nice guide! looks sick.

Offline Legendary Cl