The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
How to GWD after the Jan 7th update
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:41:20 pm »
Sup lads. Here's my short guide on how to kill the GWD bosses after they were updated.

BLOOD BARRAGE! Sadly, it's the bread and butter of PvMing in Emps now. Wanted to use melee? It's useless. Range? Crap DPS and the heals from Onyx bolts are inferior to those of the blood barrage. Get your magic to 92+, defence to 80+ and hitpoints preferably to 99 and you're good to go.

2. Know your bosses
1. General Graardor can increase the attack speed of his minions mid-fight and also increase his attack speed the lower his HP goes.

2. Commander Zilyana will heal herself and her minions 25 health each time she uses her special ability. In addition to this she will buff her minions damage up to 35-40 per attack, making it possible to die in a single game tick even if your health is at full.

3. K'ril Tsutsaroth will summon his 3 minions during the fight instead of having them spawn in the room the same time as the boss spawns. Hits a metric fuckload with both melee and magic. Zakl'n Gritch (magic minion) is also easily able to hit 30+.

4. Kree'arra hits with all 3 combat styles and his minions can poison you (a.k.a. waste an inventory slot for an antipoison). Arguably easiest of the 4 bosses.

3. Setup
I'm personally a fan of Void armor set because of its cheap price and superior damage output compared to third-age and battle robes.

Adjust your potion to food ratio depending on how much you personally need. If going solo, you won't be doing much so a few potions will be enough. With a team you will be able to last way longer in the boss room so more potions will be needed. With ancient spell book, you will need a slayer ring to teleport to the GWD entrance, or otherwise you'll need to walk all the way from Burthorpe. When going to General Graardor, you'll need a hammer to get through the door to Bandos' Stronghold. When going to Kree'arra, you'll want to have an super antipoison potion with you.

Statius warhammer's special attack can also be useful to reduce the bosses' defence levels, if you feel like spending another inventory space on that. Note that melee cannot be used against Kree'arra. Seercull's special attack can also be used to reduce all combat stats by 0-15%.

Using auras is highly recommended. Vampyrism and Runic accuracy are effective against all the bosses, and in addition to those the Poison Purge aura is great against Kree'arra to get extra heals from the poison.

4. Killing the bosses
Lure the bosses on top of the minions and barrage them away. This way you will get more heals because you will be hitting the boss as well as at least one minions of the time. Notice that you will need to be attacking the boss; trying to use the lower defence level of the minions in your advantage doesn't work, because you will deal reduced (by like 90%) damage to the boss.

Recommended protection prayers:
 - Against K'ril: Melee if you are being attacked by the boss, magic if not
 - Against Zilyana: Melee if attacked by boss, magic if not
 - Against Graardor: Melee if attacked by boss, ranged if not
 - Against Kree'arra: Always use protection from ranged

Minions:
 - K'ril's minions: 2 melee and 1 magic + melee minion. Melee minions can be trapped behind the boss to reduce incoming damage
 - Zilyana's minions: 1 ranged, 1 melee and 1 magic
 - Graardor's minions: 1 ranged, 1 melee and 1 magic
 - Kree'arra's minions: 1 melee and 2 ranged (poisonous). Melee minion can be trapped behind the boss to reduce incoming damage

5. Other tips
 - Use GA. You won't be able to run back and collect your items in 3 minutes and most of the time you will be risking more than the cost of a GA ticket
 - Don't kill K'ril, his drops suck
 - PvM with frie...

Never mind. But seriously, PvM with people you can trust to get your shares from the drops.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:15:38 am by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Yaz, Hi Im Ethan, Emps Loover, Ameer

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
Re: How to GWD after the Jan 7th update
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:36:22 pm »
Great guide! I'm sure alot of people were waiting for this. Don't forget to mention a tele tab, to get away in worst case scenario's.
 ;)

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:38:06 pm »
I mean blood barrage gives you sustain and all but does it really outdamage melee or something

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »
I mean blood barrage gives you sustain and all but does it really outdamage melee or something

Have fun trying to get more than 1 kill a trip. Blood barrage can hit double 40's, nearly 50's when you lure the boss on top of the minions. Melee was pretty much useless even before the patch and now it's even worse there.

Offline Themarfish

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 06:15:07 pm »
sorry i have to ask why use a ice sheild over a ely?

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
sorry i have to ask why use a ice sheild over a ely?

Same stats, 20m cheaper. The veng effect of ely is pretty irrelevant with SoL's special attack because the enemies barely hit you.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:34:06 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Themarfish
Pages: 1