The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Grand Exchange Basics Guide
« on: February 06, 2016, 06:35:12 pm »
Grand Exchange Tips

I've recently some threads reporting ''bugs'' that in reality are features of the Grand Exchange. It seems like some people have very little to no knowledge on how the systems actually works. I have gathered some basic information here that I think should help people to understand how the GE works.

Buyer always wins, seller loses
Buyer always gets the excessive leftover cash of the bargain. What I mean with this is that no matter how high you offer for an item, you will always buy the cheapest one available at the time.

When selling an item, you will NEVER get more than what you asked for your item. If you set your expensive item for sale at 1 gp, you will get 1 gp. ALWAYS. NEVER put expensive items you are not willing to lose for sale at ridiculously low prices even as a joke. I couldn't possibly stress that enough. You will more than likely lose wealth!

Do not trust the base prices

They are never 100% correct. Prices change daily based on supply and demand. If nobody is buying an item for X price, people will eventually lower the price they are selling their items at. This rule also works vice versa. If a lot of players are buying a same item and only a few other players are selling it, they want to keep up with the competition by increasing their offer. You are a fool to think that prices would stay the same for weeks, and you're an absolute idiot if you think moderators and other staff members control the prices (yes, some people actually think so).

The GE base prices can easily be manipulated by rich players if they wanted to do so. This can be achieved by buying or selling large number of items at ridiculously low or high prices. Prices update when bargains are successfully completed. This means that commonly traded items have more up-to-date base prices than items that are traded less often.

If you are unsure of prices, always remember to check the price list by typing ::pricelist in the in-game chatbox or following this link: https://emps-world.net/wiki/Price_list

kty blz gib feedback
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:01:50 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Il Pk I

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Exchange Basics Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »
Great guide, Otto. 10/10

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Theoneofall

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Exchange Basics Guide
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:57:51 pm »
The perfect GE Guide!

Thanks Tulrak for this awesome Signature!
Player since 2011 on different occounts
Pages: 1