The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• Liked: 31 times
  • +0/-0
  • "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
    • View Profile
Good Money Making Guide; Cockatrice Guide By: Hmoob Fisher.
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
I don't have the time to upload pictures of how to get there but if you know where Slayer tower is, then you're all good to go. EXCEPT! wait, you need requirements.
Requirement for this money making guide is:
- 63 Slayer
- Active Membership
- A decent gear be it range or melee or mage (usually I prefer Melee/Mage).
And I ain't going to say much but if you got a decent gear and no Prayer pot (you want to save them) then I suggest that you bring a bunch of food (any kind you want) there.
The monster that we're going to kill is: Cockatrice.
Cockatrice drop a good amount of stuff, check this: http://emps-world.net/wiki/Cockatrice

I went there, stay for 3 hours straight (or more I didn't look at the time).
Here's my inventory:

Here's my mage gear that I usually use:

I usually have mage gear on ^ because I want my Mage Xp to go over 100M.

Here's my melee gear:

Here's my range gear (If I were to use one):

Now if you don't want to waste arrows, you can use this gear:

Basically it would be the same except you use a Crystal Bow.
The Crystal bow will break (idk how long). But it will. If it's break, go repair it at Port Sarim "Bob." You need money to repair it.
If you don't have Armadyl set, that's still okay lol. Use Black d'hide set or whatever range gear you have on.

- If I use melee, then I'll bring Zammy brew, super attk, and super def with me and the rest with prayer pot leaving 1 or maybe 2 space left for Feathers and Jangerberries.
- If I use Mage, I'd bring only P pot with me leaving 2 space empty.
- If I were to use Range, I'd bring nothing at all only at least 8 monks on the bottom of my inventory.
Ranging them from the safe spot (Down below) is very good. They cannot get you/attack you.

Safe Spot for Range or Mage:

On the Mininmap:

I just like to stay in the middle while using mage so that the Cockatrice came to me and attk me so I can auto retaliate against them without having to touch them. Or, you could choose to not waste prayer pot like me and stay in safe spot :)
Again like I said, Its all up to you whether you want to Melee, Range, or Mage them. I usually can stay up for about 3 hours or more there with all the prayer pot I have and I use melee protection only. It doesn't drain my prayer that much. But If I were to stay in safe spot, probably all day lol depend on if I have time or not.
What I got after 3 hours or staying there? You can say a pretty good amount of money making I guess.
I got (usually, done this 3 times):
- 280 - 310 Jangerberries (About 20K - 25K ea I believe)
- 2 - 4 Barrow Gloves (800K - 1.2M ea)
- 3 - 7 Dragon Gloves (200K - 300K ea)
- 2500 - 4500 Feathers (100 Gp - 1K ea)
- 1 - 3 Dragon Mace
*NOTE: I didn't bother picking up that Rune platebody. I only pick up the useful stuff.*
But if you want more money during your trip there then bring Fire rune (or Staff of Fire) and Nature rune to alchemy the Rune Platebody & Dragon Mace.

Anyway, If you have only a dragon set with a dragon scimmy or whip, then I suggest you bring food (maybe full inventory) to heal you while fighting and staying there longer. Those Jangerberries are NOTED. Yes again, they're NOTED and so you can stack them all up in one place/pile and gather other items that you think is useful to you.
So let's get back to what I got. I got 300 jangerberries and If I decided to sell those for 20k ea, I'd get 6M!
I'd say that's a pretty decent amount. Let's not forget about the Barrow gloves. They're average price is 1M so you'd get 3M for them as well if you decide to not keep them and get money. Then there's those feathers. They can be sell for 500 gp ea so I highly suggest that you COLLECT THEM!. Last but not least, Dragon gloves. They're worth 200k - 300k. Sell them or keep them in your bank until someone wants to buy them at Fally.
To sum this up, the amount that "I" got would be around 10M - 12M for every 3 hours. That's not bad.
Let's do 1 comparison shall we?
Let's say you're mining rune ess or coal ores or runite ores (Not many people would mine these since they're pretty slow lol), but coal ores or ess. I'd say every 3 hours, you'd get around 2,000 - 4,000 MAX coal ores. And for Rune Ess, you'd get a good amount of around 5,000 - 8,000. You'd make more doing Cockatrice than doing these 2.

*NOTE: I'm not really sure on that amount I came up with but if you know, please comment below so I can just change them lol.*

That'd be it for my Cockatrice guide. Hope you like it. Sorry if its too much but if you still is reading to this point, Thank you. I want to get you as much info as I can. If you still got more questions pm me in game and I'll try to provide it as best as I can.

Hmoob Fisher
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:55:03 am by Hmoob Fisher »

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and
you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
Re: Good Money Making Guide; Cockatrice Guide By: Hmoob Fisher.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:15:11 am »
Jangerberries price is higher than 20k don't u think?

Not bad guide overall ;)

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:17:08 am »

Not bad guide overall ;)
Is it? I never buy them so I never knew their price hahahah. This is the only way I get my Jangerberries lol.
And Thanks ^^

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:21:33 am »

Not bad guide overall ;)
Is it? I never buy them so I never knew their price hahahah. This is the only way I get my Jangerberries lol.
And Thanks ^^
You have no idea how much people like big numbers ::) you should be sure of adding something you're 100% sure you're correct else you'll cause a mess :/ good luck

Offline Nosegrab

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nose nose everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 10:49:07 am »
*NOTE: I didn't bother picking up that Rune platebody. I only pick up the useful stuff.*

If you bring some nature runes and a fire staff you can high alch it for 38,801gp.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 11:05:02 am »
Maybe some less prayer potions at the start so you'll have space for gloves drops without having to drop prayer potions.

EDIT: And maybe a special attack weapon for the melee setup for faster kills.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:06:59 am by Freestuffyay »

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Gh0stbust3r

• Liked: 24 times
  • +0/-0
  • shoot for the moon if u miss u'll land among da ★s
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 02:42:42 pm »
I rate it 10/10.
P.S:it needs an active membership.

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »
Some feedback

• Bring fire staff and natures to alch the rune platebody and dragon mace.
  • Bring a melee weapon that has a special attack for faster kills
  • If you're using pray pots, don't use super defence, they won't hit through prayer anyway
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:54:14 pm by Simonyoda3 »

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:07:03 pm »
Good guide!
Thanks.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »
I personally use food only.
You wont last as long as with pots, but you can also pick up herbs (You'll have room for them), and you'll still be able to get like 100 jangs per trip.
Not bad guide though. 8/10
EDIT: Epic mage gear  ;D

Offline Armadylchamp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 04:55:27 pm »
tbh i prefer to range safespot them,you can last there for weeks with no need for prayer pots or food.

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 08:59:55 pm »
Thanks for all the great feedback! I'll update it when Im done with my classes today.
@Armadyl, it's all up to you whether you want Mage xp, str come, and/or range xp.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 04:41:28 am »
You can stay there with guthans set until it breaks. Minimal watching is required. You just bring 4 mantas with just in case, and you barely have to even watch. I stayed there for 2 hours, afking them, only coming back to grab drops. You could add this too.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 05:32:19 am »
You can stay there with guthans set until it breaks. Minimal watching is required. You just bring 4 mantas with just in case, and you barely have to even watch. I stayed there for 2 hours, afking them, only coming back to grab drops. You could add this too.
I don't want Str/Attk/Def xp lol. But its solely up to you the player what gear you want. Yes Guthan is very useful as well. Tho I doubt I'll add it to the guide. Thanks for the info tho :)

Offline Tgod Bro

• Liked: 304 times
  • +0/-0
  • Het echt varkentje
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:38 am »
Nice moneymaking guide, by the way, sara and zamorak capes have better mage bonuses than max cape  ;)

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
Pages: 1 2