The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Charr's slayer guide (Unfinished)
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:32:54 pm »

I've decided to make it public, bear in mind this guide is unfinished and will probably take a long time to finish. I will unlock the topic as soon as it's finished.

Here's a guide to my favorite skill; slayer. This guide will explain everything you need to know about the skill.

Table of content
  • The basics
  • Rewards
  • Slayer masters
  • Gear
  • Dungeons
  • Slayer tasks
  • Some tips

The basics

Slayer is mostly known as a moneymaking skill, it's the sole reason some people get member and it does live up to it's reputation.
It's great for making money, getting combat exp and for some people it's fun to do as well. Slayer is a skill you get exp in when you
kill certain monsters that are assigned to you. You will only get exp when killing your task, and you will get slayer points when finishing it.
Most of the skill is member-only, it's definitely worth getting a member ticket for!

Rewards

Of course most people won't do something if it isn't rewarding. Slayer is one of the best skills when it comes to rewards.
First off, there's the slayer point shop, in here you can buy items for the points you get when you finish a slayer task.
Some of these items are quite useful, anger weapons are probably the most used weapons against bosses for example.

There are certain monsters you can only kill with a certain slayer level, some of these have good drops, others don't.
You will need an active membership to harm them, but it's certainly worth getting your slayer up to kill some monsters.
For example, you will need a slayer level of 90 to get the steel key ring for smoke demon champion, which drops rod of ivandis.
You will also get a lot of loot in general from all your slayer tasks, any loot worth mentioning will be at the part where I talk about the tasks.

Slayer masters

There are a total of 6 slayer masters in emps-world. Only one of them doesn't require membership. The more difficult masters will give you
more difficult tasks with generally better loot and more slayer points. It is important to know which one to pick.
  • Name: Hundig
    Difficulty: Very easy
    Notes: Only non-member slayer master

If you've just started this is the master for you, he will never assign anything difficult. You could also use him if you
    want to discover what slayer is like but you don't wanna use your member ticket just yet. Don't use him for anything else.

• Name: Chaeldar
    Difficulty: Easy
    Notes: Can change a more difficult task into an easy one

Chaeldar is great for starters if they've leveled a bit. She may assign a task that is a bit hard for lower levels.

• Name: Mazchna
    Difficulty: Medium
    Notes: None

Mazchna is a good slayer master to level on if you're high-combat but don't really have good gear, you can level to
    99 slayer on him but it'll be a bit slower than higher slayer masters and the loot isn't great. I recommend changing to vannaka at around 63 slayer.

• Name: Jossik
    Difficulty: Difficult
    Notes: Only assigns monsters near relekka

I personally don't find it worth doing his tasks. Low levels can get some pretty dangerous tasks from him and
    high levels can get some really weak tasks from him. If you aren't looking to clear the relekka dungeon, avoid him.

• Name: Vannaka
    Difficulty: Hard
    Notes: None

Vannaka is where the exp and loot start to stack up, with tasks like cockatrices and nechraels you'll be guarranteed
    some money every task. The exp is good enough to get you to 99, you should only move to duradel if you want more loot.

• Name: Duradel
    Difficulty: Very hard
    Notes: Best loot

Duradel is probably the most visited slayer master. He assigns the hardest monsters as well as bosses and by far has
    the best loot as a slayer master. I recommend getting tasks from him if you have good gear and a high slayer level.

Gear

Damage is the most important thing when doing slayer, more damage means faster kills, faster kills means faster exp. Though some things aren't worth using. Ancient armours and weapons for example, they're way too costly to maintain and only offer a slight increase in dps. Barrows items are also not recommended, they are pretty good but come with repair costs as well. With that all out of the way, I'll list a few things you should stick to. Notes; I only list the things I find are worth using. I'm also making this guide for training slayer efficiently, meaning I'll ignore combat requirements.

• Slayer helmet - It gives a +10% strength and accuracy against your current task, this bonus works with every combat style. It will also give you 10% bonus slayer exp. It's one of the best items for slayer and is quite easy to obtain. It also provides protection from the smoke in the smoke dungeon.
  • Black mask, Focus sight & Hexcrest - Give a +15% damage and accuracy bonus against your current task. Unlike slayer helmet, they do not give bonus slayer exp. They are comparable to slayer helmet in slayer exp per hour. I myself would prefer using slayer helmet, but they are a worthy alternative.
  • Full slayer helmet - The absolute best item for slayer. It gives a 15% accuracy and damage bonus against your current task. It will also give you 15% bonus slayer exp. It also provides protection from the smoke in the smoke dungeon. It has better bonuses than slayer helmet as well. If you have one, wear it.
  • Slayer boots & gloves - No stats but they give 5% bonus exp (will also be doubled with dxp) each. These aren't a must but will definitely give you more exp per hour. It's also possible to bring them as a switch. Switching them on just before the monster dies will still give you the bonus exp.
  • Salve amulet - Always use this against undead, it gives a 20% accuracy and damage bonus against them. Imagine wearing 2 slayer helmets at once but it only taking up the amulet slot. It provides no other stats though, so don't use it if your task isn't undead.
  • Dragonfire shield - Always use it on dragon tasks as it will protect you from dragonfire attacks and thus most of the dragon's damage. If you don't use it you'll be burnt to a crisp. You should use this shield with both melee, range and magic as there isn't any other way of protecting yourself against dragonfire.
  • Ring of vigour - One of the easiest things to get, the ring of vigour costs 1000 pest control tickets and is easily the best ring in the game. It has the same stats as ring of stone but also gives you a 10% cost reduction for special attacks. Because it is untradable you also won't lose it in the wilderness.
  • Anger axe & mace - Do a nice amount of damage against larger monsters (monsters that are bigger than 1 square) and are worth using against them. The sword and spear are not worth using for slayer. However if the monster isn't larger than 1 square, don't bother using these.
  • Zamorakian spear - Gets a great accuracy boost vs larger monsters and is probably the best weapon to use against them. It's even worth using against dragons due to the high accuracy of the weapon, this should never be done without antifire potions however. Using a dfs is still a lot safer with dragon tasks though. The weapon is not worth using if it does not get it's accuracy boost.
  • Whips & d hasta - The best one-handed weapons currently in the game. High speed and good dps, pretty cheap, definitely worth using for slayer. If you really can't afford then using a d scimitar is fine. Always use these with a shield.
  • Arcane ss & dragon defender - Shields to use with melee if you are not on a dragon task. Use arcane if you have the money, it has better stats and will save you a slight bit of prayer pots. Dragon defender is a more budget-friendly option which you should still use over DFS.
  • Saradomin sword & godsword - Both of these will roughly match the dps of whip and arcane, sara sword being the better of the two. Sgs has pretty much the best special attack when it comes to weapons for slayer; it's special attack restores what you hit to both health and prayer points. If you are gonna do a lot of slayer I recommend getting a saradomin godsword, it will save you a lot of food and prayer pots.
  • Dragon dagger & halberd - Probably the most well-rounded special attack weapon ingame. Good for pvp, good for pvm. Definitely good dps, can be poisoned as well, if you don't know what to use, use this. Dragon halberd offers a lot of damage for a special attack weapon to large monsters, it does a while double hit to them. It also has an extra square of range, this could be useful to 'safespot' with melee.
  • Hunter's crossbow - The only one-handed ranged weapon worth using for slayer, it comes at 15.5k slayer points from the shop so by the time you need one you can buy one. Onyx and dragon bolts (e) are the only bolts worth using, they are quite expensive but man do they have good damage. Onyx will heal you as well as do damage. This is your weapon of choice for taking out dragons if you want to use range.
  • Divine ss - The only usable ranged shield. It is quite expensive but if you have a good supply of onyx bolts (e) it is definitely worth getting. Paired up with hunters it can deal a ton of damage while keeping you alive with it's great defense and the healing from onyx bolts.
  • Seercull & Elemental bow - Using seercull is probably the cheapest way to train ranged with slayer. For what it's worth it's a pretty good bow. It has a special attack that lowers the stats of what you hit with it which is fairly useful against bosses though becomes less useful versus lower hp monsters as the fights don't last very long. Elemental bow has identical stats to seercull and lacks the special attack, it still remains a good bow however. Using a crystal to give the bow better stats is not worth the money.
  • God bows - Probably the best 2-handed ranged weapons. Great dps, especially when paired up with their respective arrows for the special effect. If you are gonna use range while doing slayer I recommend using these bows on non-dragon tasks. They are still worth using even if you don't use their respective arrows.
  • Elemental staff - A really nice staff for slayer. It provides you with all elemental runes (air, water, earth & fire) for free. It's really good in combination with wave spells, making them only cost a single blood rune. It also provides you with free fire runes for alchemy, which saves you an inventory space. If don't have the budget for rod of ivandis, this staff is definitely a nice alternative. Using a crystal to give the staff better stats is not worth the money.
  • Rod of ivandis - The best magic weapon for slayer. Repairing it doesn't cost too much, has high damage and doesn't use any runes. It is quite expensive to buy but definitely worth the investment. You could also try to get one yourself once you are 90 slayer.
  • Elysian ss & mage's book - Both of these shields give a good bonus to magic, elysian obviously being the better one. Mage's book is nice and cheap. Elysian will give you better defense as well as more magic bonus. Both are only to be used on non-dragon tasks.
Armour is still important, but not so much for defense. Prayer will do most of that for you. You'll mostly be fine in around level 50-70 armour as far as necessities go. If you wanna be efficient about it, I suggest wearing the god-wars dungeon sets. Bandos, armadyl and battle sets are excellent for slayer. They offer good offensive bonuses as well as a prayer bonus, which is nice because you'll be using that a lot. Jewelry and capes don't really matter much, use the best you have. Glory (t) is a good investment, it's a great amulet overall. Always use an ava for ranged.

Potions and food are also something you should stock up on. Mainly prayer potions and food, however if you wanna kill monsters faster I do recommend you stuck up on super potions and brews as well. Manta rays are the go-to food for anyone wanting to do slayer, sara brews are also an option but tend to be more expensive and only usable with ranged and magic. Super restore potions can also be used as a substitute for prayer potions, in fact they restore more prayer points. Zamorak brews are really good for melee users, they can boost your strength level up to 123 at the cost of some attack, defense, ranged and magic levels, but drinking a super attack and super defense potion negates these effects. Super melee potions are also worth using, they save you some inventory space when using melee. It's worth making your own potions for slayer as well, you get a good amount of herbs doing slayer, might as well use them.

Dungeons

There are various dungeons and locations for slayer with various monsters in them. This will be a list of each dungeon, location, how to get to it and what's in them. There are also some shortcuts which might need agility which I will also point out. Everything you need to know will be in the pictures. The list is in alphabetic order.
  • Barbarian village
  • Dwarven mines
  • Edgeville dungeon
  • Falador
  • God wars dungeon
  • Ice cave
  • Ice mountain
  • Kalphite hive
  • Karamja volcano
  • Neitiznot island
  • Revenant cave
  • Rimmington
  • Rimmington dungeon
  • Relekka dungeon
  • Smoke dungeon
  • Slayer tower
  • Trollheim
  • Varrock dungeon
  • Wilderness
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:56:35 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Ledomy10, Blue Bird

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Charr's slayer guide (Unfinished)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:23:32 am »
Slayer tasks

Probably the most important part of the guide; slayer tasks. This part has information on each and every task there is. I'll only list the loot that is worth picking up, as this guide would be way too long if I listed everything. I'll specify what is worth alching as well. I'm gonna list them per difficulty, if it's assigned by multiple masters I'll put it where I think it belongs.

Very easy
Easy
  • Icefiend
  • Scorpion
  • Zombie
  • Rock crab
  • Ghost
  • Cave Crawler
  • Cave Slime
  • Skeleton
  • Giant bat
  • Hill giant