The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Zedzs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Brief 'Zerker Pure' Guide by Zedzs
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:12:50 am »
This guide will briefly introduce the concept of a 'Zerker Pure', discuss the positives and negitives, outline the skills required for this pure and finally provide a list of gear that is necessary for a Zerker.

I will start by saying I believe a Zerker is one of the most effective and versitile pures for pking as it utilizes a very specific skill set that allows a player to be an extremely aggressive pker. This pure is also really effective at higher levels and also allows you to hybrid if you choose to do so.

Positives
- High Damage Output
- Ability to compete against maxed pures and maxed hybrids for a fair fight
- Option to hybrid if you want to
- Sufficient enough to defence to take hits and wear good armour for pking

Negatives
- Lower Defence can make it easy for you to get spec'd out, this is why it is crucial to know when to eat
- 52 Prayer means you cannot use the Chivalry prayer which buffs a wide range of stats significantly
- Lower Defence means you cannot use better armours such as dragon etc.

Skills
- 60 Attack. (75 is optional if you want to use a whip)
- 99 Strength. (Necessary for max damage output)
- 45 Defence.
- 99 Hitpoints.
- 52 Prayer. (Necessary for smite prayer)
- 94 Mage. (Mage is optional if you plan on hybriding)
- 99 Range. (Range is optional if you plan on hybriding)

Items
Helmet: Bezerker Helm
Amulet: Amulet of Fury
Cape: Fire Cape
Torso: Fighter Torso
Weapon: D Scimitar, DDS, (Whip is optional)
Shield: Rune Defender
Legs: Rune Platelegs
Gloves: Barrows Gloves
Boots: Rune Boots
Ring: Bezerker Ring

Feel free to discuss this further  :)  Thanks for reading. Pk away!  :D

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Brief 'Zerker Pure' Guide by Zedzs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »
This guide feels like you copied it from somewhere. A lot of things in this guide vary from this server to others.
  • Zerkers can't wear barrows gloves, they can wear dragon gloves.
  • Mage is kind of mandatory for the vengeance spell
  • You forgot to include combat levels with your stat setup, there are various stat setups for a zerker. I'll only write down attack and prayer levels since those are the only levels that vary
    • 50 att, 31 pray - 88 cb - This setup should be used with range to fight against higher level 1 def pures
    • 60 att, 52 pray - 94 cb - Basic zerker setup
    • 60 att, 70 pray - 96 cb - Zerker with piety, more damage, def and less prone to getting smited
    • 70 att, 70 pray - 99 cb - Zerker with access to D hasta (a whip that can train str), sara sword and korasi, can go up against barrows pures
    • 80 att, 70 pray - 103 cb - Zerker with access to godswords, vls and z spear. I don't think it's worth going for 75 attack. This variant can be used with 52 prayer to get a combat level of 101.
    You forgot a lot of gear a zerker can wear. No range and mage gear at all. Here are some examples, I suggest you find out the rest by yourself though.
    • Ring of stone/ring of vigour
    • Void set
    • Granite maul
    Write about individual items and their uses instead of one setup

A lot still needs to be done with this guide.
;

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:55:18 pm »
1. Why should you have 60 attack or 75 attack. If you have 75 attack, you can't use a whip without training your defence or attack. I think 99 attack is a better requirement.

2. Like Charr said, zerkers can't wear barrow gloves. But why should they wear a rune defender while they can wear a dragon defender which is much better?

3. I would also suggest to wear granite legs ( they have strength bonusses ) and ring of stone instead of rune platelegs / berserker ring.

For the rest, it is a nice guide but maybe a little bit too short. It would be nice if you would explain some things better and more in detail :)

Offline Zedzs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:54:02 am »
Thanks for the advice, my first guide man, planning on becoming active on the forum in the future. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:23:14 am »
1. Why should you have 60 attack or 75 attack. If you have 75 attack, you can't use a whip without training your defence or attack. I think 99 attack is a better requirement.
Or you can wear d hasta, and get the stats of a whip without having to worry about training att and def. 99 attack is not worth it at all, gives you way too many combat levels.
;

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:35:06 am »
Not bad, good luck improving your guide!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Zedzs

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »
one does not simply make a zerker if he already doesnt know this shit.
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
Honestly reading through this when it was getting towards the end I thought I was going to see a section about "how to pk" and use the Zerker pure efficiently, however I did not. All you did was list what it required, in your own personal preference, of a zerker pure. Like Charr said, it varies from server to server and some of the things you suggested using/wearing cannot be used with the stats that you listed.

If you want this guide to improve you need to go through and make sure you check to make sure that all the items and armor you are requiring are a fair price. You need to make a set that isn't going to require someone to spend around 15m to afford. Some players don't want to risk a fire cape, find something secondary they could use.

Lastly, for players like me who have only pked a few times I am clueless when it comes to this stuff. Make a video with a friend in the safe wilderness showing when to spec, when to eat, the best ways to swap weapons for a more sufficent spec, and if you use hot keys what are the hot keys you use.

I'm not going to rate this guide just because it is lacking a few things. It's in progress to be a successful guide, but if you want it to actually be a guide that players can use to their advantage I suggest taking Charr, Emps Loover, and I's advice on how to improve it.

Like I said, I've never Zerker pked before so with this guide I am still clueless on how to do it.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02:44 pm »
A guide to when to spec, eat and all that? I can tell you that :c

Vengeance
Always prevenge before every fight, and let the timer run out so you can use it again whenever you need to.
About the timings on vengeance: Never spam vengeance, it's a waste. You should only use it when you have a chance to take down your opponent with it.

Times to use vengeance:
- When your opponent is low health and you have a special attack prepared (Not recommended, but it can sometimes work)

- When your opponent brings out their special attack weapon. Use vengeance, and give your opponent your own special attack for the knockout. The usage of vengeance here accounts for many kills in fights.

*You can choose to unequip armor when your opponent brings out their special attack weapon, to purposely allow them to hit higher on your vengeance, and rebound more damage. This is risky, but it can be rewarding.*
Special Attacks
On a zerker, you have access to many special attack weapons, because of the attack levels. Based upon your attack level, choose different weapons.

For those with 60 attack:
- Dragon Longsword. This thing can hit very high, and only costs one fourth of your energy.

- Dragon Mace. This weapon is similar to the Longsword, but can hit higher at the cost of some accuracy.
- Dragon Dagger p(++). This dagger can hit very high at a very low cost. Probably the best choice for low risk fights, plus it has poison.

- Dragon Claws. These are by far the best choice for zerkers who don't mind risking. They can hit incredibly high and have great accuracy to boot.

- Barrelchest Anchor. This weapon can hit with decimating amounts of damage for its cost, almost as high as an Armadyl Godsword, but it lacks accuracy, so use at your own risk.

For those with 75 attack:
*All of the above weapons are available as choices as well, but these weapons are exclusively available for accounts with 75 attack or higher*

-Bandos Godsword. Can hit very high, and lowers defence levels based on what you hit, forcing the opponent to drink restores or combat Potions.

- Zamorak Godsword. Can also hit pretty high, and freezes your opponent in place.

-Saradomin Godsword. Can hit high as well, but has a high cost. If you use this in a fight, you will probably be accused of safing, since the special attack heals you.

- Armadyl Godsword. This weapon can hit very high, and is accurate as well. The biggest downside is again, it's high cost.

Special Attack use:
- Try not to use your special attacks when your opponent has vengeance activated. This could result in you taking a large amount of recoil damage and possibly dying.

- Use your special attacks when your opponent does not have vengeance active, and when they are at low health. This can result in a kill.

Eating
- Eat food when you are low hp. There's not much else to it. If you are at low health, you are risk of dying, so keep your health above 45, and watch it carefully.

Prayer management
- Never allow your prayer to drop below 15. You can be smited easily by a high special attack hit, and possibly lose your knockout weapon, which can cost a lot.

-Drink prayer Potions or super restores when you dip low in prayer, to prevent being smited. Try to keep on your strength, attack, and defence buffs, protect item, and smite at all times to help you defeat your opponent.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 08:18:27 pm »
Or you can wear d hasta, and get the stats of a whip without having to worry about training att and def. 99 attack is not worth it at all, gives you way too many combat levels.

If you aren't scared to risk that much, you can wear that yeah  ;D

Offline Zedzs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 08:41:52 am »
As I said, it is my first guide, thanks to those who gave constructive criticism and provided me with ways of improving any future content I put out there but for those who hated, take your negativity elsewhere  :D

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:50 am »
As I said, it is my first guide, thanks to those who gave constructive criticism and provided me with ways of improving any future content I put out there but for those who hated, take your negativity elsewhere  :D
Your guide is pretty negative, applies?
I havent seen you Update single thing on it.

Offline Zedzs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 11:32:03 am »
I have responsibilities outside of this game. Sorry but school is more of a priority at the moment than updating a guide that I made on a forum.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:57 pm »
I have responsibilities outside of this game. Sorry but school is more of a priority at the moment than updating a guide that I made on a forum.
edit lolk w.e

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 01:07:51 pm »
Honestly reading through this when it was getting towards the end I thought I was going to see a section about "how to pk" and use the Zerker pure efficiently, however I did not.

You don't simply teach somebody ''how to PK''. Every fight is different, every player has their own style of PKing. All you can pretty much teach somebody is to when to activate vengeance, eat and spec lol
The following users liked this post: Zedzs
Pages: 1 2