The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Barrows guide
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:34:51 am »
Hello everyone and welcome to my very first guide! If you got some ideas how to improve this guide or have found a mistake, then make sure to let me know. Let's begin.

Requirements

• 70+ combat stats
  • 43+ prayer
  • Some Prayer potions/Super restores
  • A source of healing

Getting there

Barrows is a minigame located in Canifis. You can get there by talking to the ghost captain located in the eastern side of Falador park (Clicking on the "travel" option will take you directly to Canifis, skipping the dialouge.

An alternative way of getting to Canifis is using the Senntisten teleport in the ancient spellbook. If you don't know how to change your spellbook to ancients you will need to read the guide on how to switch spellbooks.
Once you are there move north until you find a portal:

Enter the portal and it will take you to the Barrows minigame.

The Barrows brothers

You will need a spade to enter the crypts, there is one on the ground right next to the hut which you are teleported to if you don't have one.

Head into the the closed area behind the hut, that's where you'll get started.
There is are total of 6 barrow's brothers that you will have to kill in order to complete the minigame.
This is where the different brothers are located:

Now get on top of one of the mountains and dig your spade.
Search the Sarcophagus and the according brother will spawn and attack you:

I recommend starting with Dharok and Verac since they deal damage to you even through prayer. Make sure you use Protect from melee while killing Dharok, as he deals increased damage when his health is lower. Stay above 70 hitpoints at all costs, you may die if he gets a lucky hit through prayer.

If you find a Sarcophagus that displays this message upon searching:

Then leave the tomb and kill the remaining brothers, come back to this once you've killed the rest.

When back at this certain tomb search the Sarcophagus again and click on 'Yes', you will be taken to a maze.

Make your way to the middle. Attempting to open the chest will spawn the last Barrow brother. Kill it and go open the chest, search it to get your reward and you will be teleported out of the tomb:

What gear to use?

The best gear you can afford, of course. Going for high damage and high defense gear would be the best option to go for. If money is a problem, though, try to get something that grants prayer bonus such as Verac's, Helm of Neitiznot and Initiate armour to reduce the amount of prayer potions you use. Also a set of Guthan's would be a great choice because of the passive that heals you.

Strongly advised to have:

- Salve amulet increases your accuarcy and damage by 20% versus the undead.
- SGS's special attack restores both hitpoints and prayer points.
- Ring of Vigour is the best ring in the game as it has the same stats as ring of stone but it also gives you a 10% cost reduction to special attacks - perfect with the SGS.

Some example setups:

or

- A cheap weapon that offers great offensive stats, you can always match it with a shield or a defender.
- Costs more than the Abyssal whip but also has a higher strength bonus, accuarcy bonus and a +3 prayer bonus.
- A cheap way to buff your whip, also has the best offensive stats after the Arcane spirit shield.
- If money is not a problem, then get yourself an Arcane spirit shield - the best melee shield in the game, it also gives you +5 prayer bonus.

Rewards

- Set effect: the less HP you have the higher your maxhit is.

- Set effect: the set effect has a 25% chance to occur. You will heal 6 HP plus half of the hit you deal during the spcial attack.

- Set effect: the set effect has a 25% chance to occur. You will hit your opponent for 115% damage and bind them for 5 seconds.

- Set effect: the set effect has a 25% chance to occur. You will hit your opponent for 120% damage.

- Set effect: the set effect has a 10% chance to nullify your opponent's hit, resulting in a guaranteed 0.

- Set effect: the set effect has a 10% chance to ignore your opponent's defence bonus completely, resulting in a guaranteed hit. It will always ignore protection prayers.

Different amounts of

That's it, simple as that. Hope this helps you with your Barrows' collections.

Credits to: Drugs, Charr and the Emps-World Wiki.

Earl
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:39:57 am by Earl »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Apoc, Skill Hunter, Saif Nawaf

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
Re: Barrows guide
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 02:11:02 pm »
Great guide, Earl.

Definitely worth following.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:03:14 pm »
Guthans with a salve amulet is one of the greatest choices, along with an sgs to restore prayer points.

Another great armor choice would be literally the best melee gear you have along with the sgs.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 03:11:00 pm »
Nice guide :P

For people who need a video:

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 05:22:47 pm »
Solid guide, few corrections that I think could be made.

When the pop up messages comes up asking if you want to enter the cave even though you haven't killed all the brothers yet, click yes. It still puts you in the cave and the brothers will still spawn by you either going through a door, or reaching the chest in the middle and clicking on it.

Lastly, I would also keep your HP above 70 when killing Dharok's, 50 is something it can easily hit when it has less than 10 hp.

Offline Ironman Tim

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Main: TomTim1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:05 pm »
Nice guide.

Credits to Gabol for the overall image where each brother is located perhaps? :P

Player Moderator since the 10th of November 2015

Nothing again since the 14th of March 2016
The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 07:22:55 pm »
You seem to have forgotten that all the barrows brothers can pop out of the chest. You can literally take the tunnel without killing any of them and then kill all of them at the chest.

I've pmed you a long list of other improvements, gl.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »
1337 bolt racks  >:(

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 01:01:19 am »
You seem to have forgotten that all the barrows brothers can pop out of the chest. You can literally take the tunnel without killing any of them and then kill all of them at the chest.

I've pmed you a long list of other improvements, gl.
Already mentioned that to him in my post above yours.

Offline Pkteam Mage

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate me pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 01:07:29 am »
I really think you should also give more info about the barrows brothers themselves. Would really help to know what combat styles they use, what are their strong sides and which weaknesess to exploit. Or is it just me?

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 09:31:19 am »
Salve amulet works at barrows? Wow, wish I knew sooner. ;_;

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 09:50:25 am »
ohh youu...You stolen mine few picture, and even few sentences... shame on you. But good guide
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:52:42 am by Gabol »

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 01:22:49 pm »
ohh youu...You stolen mine few picture, and even few sentences... shame on you. But good guide
Just the picture with the locations on it. That's not "few". And I wrote everything myself, please.

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »
and the one where it says enter crypt :p dont worry same game but next time atleast say credits ;D

Offline Earl

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:59 pm »
and the one where it says enter crypt :p dont worry same game but next time atleast say credits ;D
Nope. Just that one. Sorry for not giving credit.
Pages: 1 2