The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Is the Emps-World ever will have 500 players?

Yes
19 (30.6%)
No
33 (53.2%)
I don't care?
10 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: May 25, 2015, 12:53:38 pm

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Make It Real

• Liked: 165 times
  • +0/-0
  • mai gramma is beter than ur grandma
    • View Profile
What do you think?
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:51:20 pm »
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:54:03 pm by Make It Real »

Offline Leo Jr

• Liked: 57 times
  • +0/-0
  • SPONGEBOB
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:14:30 pm »
No.

The following users liked this post: Shoaib

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 01:27:04 pm »
Way too many things affect our playercount for me to speculate if that will ever happen. Things like OSRS updates, other private servers going down and updates all affect our playercount. What I do know is if we keep on getting good updates, OSRS doesn't introduce more stuff that'll make it more appealing to private server players and maybe a few big servers go down. We certainly have a shot at getting to 500. We'd need to keep people playing, maybe pk a bit more and hype the forums more.

So keep playing.

EDIT: Grabs popcorn.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:17:25 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:48:43 pm »
It doesn't really bother me as the Emps hype ended for me a while ago.

I would love to see great success with it all but I just don't see the hype in everything anymore.

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »
Emps lost it's spark long time ago. Not just update-wise but realistically. Most of the major / old players has left for various reasons, for someone it's education, boredom and OSRS.

^for me it's all of the three above.

Emps used to be fun before because it was actually challenging and fun to play with the "golden" players. If you log in today, everything is changed, the community, everything. Some people like to remain old school, sticking with old friends, old revisions, etc. I am one of these guys, if someone comes to my house and forexample moves my TV from the living room to the bathroom, I'd be pretty pissed, and that is how I feel about Emps' situation today.

I know rising is important, it is important to rise, but if nobody appreciates it, what is the point really? Emps had gained it's fame and popularity because it was unique, no other runescape private server out there was unique, they were simply just made to spend time and have fun, but Emps wasn't like that, I can tell this from my own experience. Ever since I joined Emps, it hasn't been about having fun / making gainz / getting rich, it has always been about forming relationships and the journey itself, believe me or not but this game actually had a really nice community until Al-Kharid took over.

Some things aren't meant to be, but that's when people split, from old players to new players.

Why does people leave from boredom

The game simpy has nothing left to offer, it is done, the challenge and old emps nostalgia is completely gone. And some people doesn't like to start over again *cough* Keaskybr53 *cough*

The game has too many new players and too less old players, the economy is in 1 player's hand; Hell Skyline (this gives a major disadvantage for big stakers as they can't get anywhere and end up at Introductions & Farewells section.)

Why do people leave for education

People find education far more important than this graveyard and wish to succeed in life.

Why do people go to OSRS

It's far more challenging, entertaining, a new start, there's ton of reasons.

My answer is No, and if you wish it to be Yes, well then you better hope Thomy is Tony Stark to build a time machine!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:38:15 pm by Shoaib »
The following users liked this post: Leo Jr

Offline Knight Night

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • What are you looking at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:45 pm »
A simple answer is No.

I would like to share something, back in 2011-2012 Thomy's didn't had the time to make updates as he's doing right now, Even thought we had more players, It could be a reason that new updates (not talking about specific update) who made players quit or they don't want to join anymore,
Moreover the shutdown was one of the reasons who made players quit too, plus reseting everyone's banks

However the less players this server got the harder to make money, Since old schools, most of the cash owned by few players.

Many reasons to be honest which made players quit, Anyway i don't really care anymore, Just i wanted to share my opinion :)
The following users liked this post: Leo Jr

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:41:09 pm »
Why are people always talking about Emps in particular? Open up your eyes and see that other private servers and RS in general are dying as well.
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Kaner, 66destroyer3, Yaz

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:01 pm »
Why are people always talking about Emps in particular? Open up your eyes and see that other private servers and RS in general are dying as well.
Other private servers is none of our concern, we talk about what we play, and we play Emps.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »
Other private servers is none of our concern, we talk about what we play, and we play Emps.

Then you are being blind.

Gaming industry has evolved drastically since Emps became popular. There are so much more games to choose from than almost 10 years ago. It would be most impressive if any game managed to keep such a high players base for such a long time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:51:15 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

Then you are being blind and ignorant.
Other private servers doesn't catch my interest, why should I talk about them? The way I am seeing your reply:
"Hi, you are a Muslim, so you're probably a terrorist"
The following users liked this post: 3 X 1 T

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »

Other private servers doesn't catch my interest, why should I talk about them? The way I am seeing your reply as:

Gaming industry has evolved drastically since Emps became popular. There are so much more games to choose from than almost 10 years ago. It would be most impressive if any game managed to keep such a high players base for such a long time.

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:38 pm »

Other private servers doesn't catch my interest, why should I talk about them? The way I am seeing your reply as:

This is where you're wrong, Emps' peak wasn't just 7, 5, or 4 years ago. It actually had a player base of 1000 back in 2012 too if I remember right. However, I do agree on your point that the gaming industry has evolved but it doesn't play that big role in Emps current situation.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 02:59:26 pm »

This is where you're wrong, Emps' peak wasn't just 7, 5, or 4 years ago. It actually had a player base of 1000 back in 2012 too if I remember right. However, I do agree on your point that the gaming industry has evolved but it doesn't play that big role in Emps current situation.

It would be silly to expect a game like Emps to peak its player anywhere near its release, because Thomy couldn't possibly afford the advertising required for something like that. Games like Emps become popular when the player count starts raising steadily in the long term.
The following users liked this post: Icecloud, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 03:16:18 pm »
Had lots of fun playing emps-world, pvming, group pking, spending time with my clan and what not :) But life's way too more important to be spent on this game imo and I just realized that a week ago, I can't really bother wasting my time here anymore even though I am having fun, but I am not gaining anything.

My point is that I can't succeed in life by spending the tiny bit of time I have nowadays on this game.
You say that you don't have time to play games, but you have time to play OSRS, you say that life is too short to spend time on games yet you play OSRS every day. I just find it ridiculous how you change the story you tell every single time you speak.

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, C4 Nerd, Kaner, Tgod Bro, 66destroyer3

Offline Shoaib

• +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 03:30:50 pm »
Had lots of fun playing emps-world, pvming, group pking, spending time with my clan and what not :) But life's way too more important to be spent on this game imo and I just realized that a week ago, I can't really bother wasting my time here anymore even though I am having fun, but I am not gaining anything.

My point is that I can't succeed in life by spending the tiny bit of time I have nowadays on this game.
You say that you don't have time to play games, but you have time to play OSRS, you say that life is too short to spend time on games yet you play OSRS every day. I just find it ridiculous how you change the story you tell every single time you speak.
The post you are looking at is from the past where I was in a different situation, times change and so do I, just like you have throughout the years.

I prefer OSRS more than Emps because I believe in it, I like the game alot and I do actually gain quite a bit from it, there's nothing to gain from Emps, it's like a lemon, but you don't actually squeeze anything out of it.

I thought I already made myself clear when I said I didn't want you to talk with or about me playing OSRS? Did I or not?

I don't want to talk with you at all, this will be my last reply to you and if you quote or reply this, I'll report you for harrassing me, you have no idea of how much OSRS I play and it's none of your business. You're turning this to a flame war, we are talking about Emps situation, not mine.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:38:00 pm by Shoaib »
Pages: 1 2 3