The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Underrated/overrated items
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »
I feel some items aren't getting the attention they deserve, and some are getting too much, thought I'd make a discussion.

Underrated:

Saradomin sword
It's probably one of if not the best two handed weapon in the game. It's got the same attack speed as a whip and generally outdoes most other two handed melee weapons, at least against small foes. Many people belive it's outdone by whip + arcane, however this is not the case, in fact it's got 3 accuracy and 1 strength bonus over whip + arcane. It's also got 2 str bonus over whip + ddef. You do lose out on the defense bonuses, but in most PvM situation you don't really care about that. The special attack is rubbish, but for how cheap ss is it's definitely worth getting and using.

Spectral spirit shield
One of the few hybrid items, with +8 accuracy, +59 def and +5 strength bonus in all stats it's a pretty solid item to bring pretty much everywhere. It's offensive stats for melee are very similar to a dfs. It's also got a hp boosting effect, it will boost your hp up to 110, which can be boosted up to 126 by using a brew. It's a very valuable item in PvP as it offers a lot of protection from rushers. It's definitely worth putting down 50m for.

Amulet of glory (t)
It's basically a fury but better. It does lose -3 attack and str bonus compared to the best amulets for their style, but it's a fairly cheap alternative which you can use for all three styles. It also comes with a +18 defense bonus which those amulets do not have.

Seercull
When elemental bow came out people were so hyped about it they forgot about a bow that has literally the same stats as the non-crystal version. At only slightly lower bonuses than zbow it does hold it's own due to it's special attack. This special attack lowers the stats of whatever is hit by it. It lowers the opponent's stats by 15%, even if it doesn't hit anything. This makes it a pretty valuable special attack.

Overrated:

Dragon hasta
Equal stats and speed to whip, loses the special attack and gains a str training attack style. I really don't know why it hasn't dropped significantly yet, plenty are in the game now and in most situations you should be using a whip. It's strength training style isn't too notable if you're wearing actual armour.

Discuss!
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Underrated/overrated items
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:28:47 pm »

Spectral spirit shield
One of the few hybrid items, with +8 accuracy, +59 def and +5 strength bonus in all stats it's a pretty solid item to bring pretty much everywhere. It's offensive stats for melee are very similar to a dfs. It's also got a hp boosting effect, it will boost your hp up to 110, which can be boosted up to 126 by using a brew. It's a very valuable item in PvP as it offers a lot of protection from rushers. It's definitely worth putting down 50m for.
The only shield that makes it possible to safe without people noticing it

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
I don't see barbed bolts on there, that means I'm right

Mary pls

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Attacker35, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »
Rainbow afro

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:28:55 pm »
Rainbow afro
Yeah, how can you forgot Jonneh's masterpiece :kappa:

I see people wearing ss everywhere, It's not that uncommon.
The following users liked this post: Jonneh

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »
Someone needs to sell some items i see

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 09:50:24 pm »
I barely see it used where it's supposed to. So many people do slayer with whip + dfs. Pures don't really use it either. I'd say it's still underrated, though it is one of the more used underrated items on the ones I've mentioned.
;

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:05 pm »
I barely see it used where it's supposed to. So many people do slayer with whip + dfs. Pures don't really use it either. I'd say it's still underrated, though it is one of the more used underrated items on the ones I've mentioned.
mostly seen it in wildy though

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 03:43:26 pm »
Someone needs to sell some items i see
Those items are very likely to be the items he is flipping right now

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Drugs

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »
Dragon hasta isn't overrated. When used in agressive mode, it's max hit is 1 higher than that of a whip (controlled mode). Therefore it outclasses a whip when accuracy/defense isn't an issue.

A thing that is underrated though is the ahrim's set. The armour is very cheap compared to battlemage/zuriel/third age and the staff is very cheap compared to sol/zuriel staff/rod. However most people don't know that full ahrim's is capable of doing insane damage, as it has 25% chance to do 20% more damage.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:57:15 pm by Lars »
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Il Skil1z Il

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 04:28:23 pm »

underrated :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Attacker35

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, 66destroyer3, Someone12116, Ekke

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »
A thing that is underrated though is the ahrim's set. The armour is very cheap compared to battlemage/zuriel/third age and the staff is very cheap compared to sol/zuriel staff/rod. However most people don't know that full ahrim's is capable of doing insane damage, as it has 25% chance to do 20% more damage.
Ahrims has the highest mage maxhit in the game, definitely underrated.

underrated :kappa:
It actually is, it's one of the best spec weapons for it's price.
;

Offline Il Skil1z Il

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »
Indeed, op as shiet and for only 200k or so

Offline Il Skil1z Il

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 08:00:20 pm »

overrated?

I actually wanted your thought about this, considering sol costs about 12m and master wand costs about 200k and their stats are similar to each other
don't you think it's overrated?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5