The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
regarding the GE
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:36:53 pm »
"when is the GE coming" is what you thought i'd say ,eh? :kappa:
talking seriously, i have a couple of questions about the system itself and the expected efficiency in our small server.
well mainly, my question is, is it really going to work with the player base being what you know it is?
 RS has a huge players base , so GE works just fine for it , but in our tiny server , i think we'll have problems trading because one could wait days for his item to sell\buy and fail. do you have a solution for this issue? (please don't tell me to wait for it and judge) my second main question is , will you ever let players test it again before release?

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
Re: regarding the GE
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:21:35 pm »
GE was going to be released until some sort of a bug appeared (dupe) appeared in the test world, so thomy is trying his best to fix the problems with GE so it can be released

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:22:31 pm »
GE would only make the process of selling/buying items faster. If you couldn't sell something in GE in a couple of days, what makes you think that it would be any faster without GE?
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Kaner, 66destroyer3, Ledomy10

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:26:42 pm »
1. Due to our small player base it might take days to buy the particulair item, indeed. However, it is better to place the offer in the G.E. and start skilling or something else rather than autotalking all day in the G.E. itself.
2. I doubt normal players would be able to test the G.E. once again, we once gave you the opportunity to test it. However, 99% of the people didn't take the testing seriously and started Pking etc.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, C4 Nerd, 66destroyer3, Ledomy10

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:54:18 am »
GE would only make the process of selling/buying items faster. If you couldn't sell something in GE in a couple of days, what makes you think that it would be any faster without GE?
different people have different ways of thinking , and the more players you have the better your opportunities, like i don't think flipping will ever work like it does in RS with the number of players we have. in RS you can sell any useless item you get no matter what it is , which means someone , somewhere bought it because your tiny chance of selling that kind of item is better with more people on the demand side.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 06:57:07 am »
The Grand exchange will be a way for players in the USA to actually SELL THEIR ITEMS instead of logging in with 30 people online.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 11:14:20 am »
different people have different ways of thinking , and the more players you have the better your opportunities, like i don't think flipping will ever work like it does in RS with the number of players we have. in RS you can sell any useless item you get no matter what it is , which means someone , somewhere bought it because your tiny chance of selling that kind of item is better with more people on the demand side.

With small number of players and even smaller number of items it is much easier to ask ridiculous prices for items when selling them. This game is full of merchers lol

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »
I wouldn't count on it coming out soon anyway...

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 10:34:42 pm »

Well he wasn't even asking when it's coming. You could ease off with the useless posts.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:24:46 pm »

Well he wasn't even asking when it's coming. You could ease off with the useless posts.

OT:
My comment was referring to him to stop talking about it as it's pretty obvious it isn't coming any time soon. 

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 11:26:45 pm »

OT:
My comment was referring to him to stop talking about it as it's pretty obvious it isn't coming any time soon.

Which was nowhere near the point of the thread.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »

OT:

But it referred to the thread...

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 11:44:39 pm »

OT:

But it referred to the thread...

I could ''refer'' to the thread by posting a screenshot of my RS GE sales but that wouldn't be on-topic, would it? Like THE FIRST sentence of this thread CLEARLY tells us, GE's potential date of arrival is not the point of the thread. You could try actually reading a thread, for once.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 11:51:59 pm »
"when is the GE coming" is what you thought i'd say ,eh? :kappa:
talking seriously, i have a couple of questions about the system itself and the expected efficiency in our small server.
well mainly, my question is, is it really going to work with the player base being what you know it is?
 RS has a huge players base , so GE works just fine for it , but in our tiny server , i think we'll have problems trading because one could wait days for his item to sell\buy and fail. do you have a solution for this issue? (please don't tell me to wait for it and judge) my second main question is , will you ever let players test it again before release?
I have posted my opinion on the question aforementioned and therefore have the right to post on this topic.

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 11:56:57 pm »

Complains about useless posts, proceeds to post replies that have nothing to do with the initial post :kappa:

I'm doing the same tho hh
The following users liked this post: Joshiee, Range 4 Meee
Pages: 1 2